Hey, Newbie with over 20 stone to lose

The more you keep pushing and the more determined oyu are - you cannot fail! Good luck love x

you will see a loss this week im sure love x x x x

Panda.

Don't be a sad Panda!

4lb at our weight is NOTHING. The fluctuations in water alone account for that. You have done amazingly well! I am pretty flabbergasted at how much weight you have lost. And my gast doesn't flabber easily! So you put on 2 stone.... it's not much as a percentage of your body weight. Why, that is like a thin person losing half an ounce! You will lose it again. You WILL. And I will, too ... I'm just the same... yyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo but yo yos DO go down again! Law of physics!

Love
Helena xxx

Well I've only gone and found out today why I hit the first plateau (or what we thought was a plateau). I got asked to review Gousto last year and was thrilled when they provided a calorie count on the recipe card, so after the first box I thought it was great and subscribed. Little did I know (now 5 months later ish) that they don't actually put the calories on the recipe card for the recipe... oh no... they only put the raw ingredient calories on the card. ONLY THE RAW INGREDIENTS?? What I don't get is that they don't say that on the recipe card so they are misrepresenting themselves on it. I've sat down today and worked all the calories out for the other ingredients that they don't include (like the olive oil etc) and some of the recipes are nearly double what they say :eek: - so that's why I stopped losing the weight!!!! Fuming isn't the word. So now I know, I'm going to go through their recipe cards before we have them. Today's dinner now has gone from the original 500 to 800 calories (not that I mind because it saves me shopping) but I just wish they had put that on their site or cards then I wouldn't have "plateaued" or been so disheartened that I went off the rails over Christmas. Well at least now I know and can calculate accordingly.

PS: Have you seen the Hairy Dieters book - some fab things in there for the cals! Loving it (got it as I was going to cancel Gousto in the Spring anyway).

xxx

That is ridiculous! Sounds like they don't make it clear at all! And are deliberatley misleading! Can you contact them and have a rant? Might make you feel a bit better? :)

The hairy dieters have lots of fans on here :D x

I probably wouldn't get anywhere if I did rant. But both them and Hello Fresh do the same too - count just the raw ingredients. I'll do some research and see if that's all they have to do because there's nowhere in either site that mentions it.

hi love
thats terrible i myself have fallen for this kind off stunt and it was in very very little letters that it was raw calories i was fuming i have got all 3 hairy bikers books now and love there recipes

hi love thats terrible i myself have fallen for this kind off stunt and it was in very very little letters that it was raw calories i was fuming i have got all 3 hairy bikers books now and love there recipes

Yep bought all 3 too and worked out the next 8 days worth of food too. Shopping for it okay cost £60 compared to Goustos £50 for just 6 meals. I've cancelled them now, they can stick it. Won't be dieting tomorrow though as its my OH birthday but Saturday it's a new beginning again! Xx

ohh bubbly i am glad you told them to whistle and glad you got all your meals planned darlingand hope your hubby as a great birthday x x x

Hi BubblyPanda, I haven't read all through these posts but just wanted to say well done on your weight loss so far! You should be really proud :)
what weight loss programme are you following? xx

Hi all.

After a nightmare 6 months and a weight gain of 3 stone due to a massive depression crash, I'm back again and fighting back.

I'm 29 stone 6 at the moment (I'm not so bothered about putting it on as I think I just needed to hibernate and comfort myself - my little fur boy died in January too so that made it worse) but I'm over my depression again now so starting back on the fight to get this weight off.

So right now the 3 stone gained has to come off then I want to do another 3 stone so hopefully that will only take me 6 months or so.

Tell you what I've found though which has helped me keep to it this well this week are Nagatanien Caramel Cup Cakes which are only 157 each. I then spoon over once it's out of the microwave, one tablespoon of Choc Shot and let that drizzle all over it. I have one of these for my pudding every night and it keeps the cravings at bay totally for me. It's like a powder that you mix with egg and microwave.

You can get them in packs of 2 from the Japan Centre. I LOVE the caramel and they also do a vanilla which works well when drizzled with sweet freedom. Yum! Onwards and downwards!!
xxx

if i had a penny for every restart, i would be rich xx

its good to see you back x facing it head on x
looking forward to seeing you do well xx

so sorry about your furbaby x the loss of a loved pet is every bit as heartbreaking xx

hi panda
great to see ypu back love and full of motivation sorry to read about your loss x

Back