Hey there

orange-sox

Hi there everyone,

My name's Emma and I'm a foodaholic :p

No really, I'll be serious this time...

I'm 20 years old and I am finally finally getting the courage and motivation to lose weight and run my life the way I want it to be!

A little bit about me:

Well, I've been slowly but surely losing weight since November 2008 when I found out I was pregnant with our first baby as I was extremely overweight and very determined to do the best for our child. I lost about 40lbs or so and was doing very well up until our 20 week scan when we found out our son had died, we were both heartbroken and I did my usual and reached for the food... I put back on about 15lbs or so in the space of about 2 days and carried on putting on weight and putting food in my mouth, until I had the realisation that I couldn't make my son proud of me by eating myself into an early grave.
It's been a very long and hard road for me in the last few weeks, and every day has been a struggle to get through but I am determined to be the best I can, to make my son proud of me, to make my partner proud of me, to be me at last.

I've now got back down 233lbs through cutting back on the crisps and junk and getting myself out of the house to stop myself from wallowing in my own self pity.

I am currently reducing my calorie intake in preparation to go on the Cambridge Diet sole source programme, which I will commence on 30/03/09 and I can't wait to get to know you all better :D

Hi Orange-Sox,

Welcome to Minimins! :)

So sorry to hear about the loss of your son. But you have made thr right decision to try and lose the weight. I'm sure he would be very proud of you :)

Well done on your loss so far. You have done really well! Just keep going!

Keep us posted on your progress.

Love Lisa

Hi all

My name is Lorna and I'm 42 and I weigh 13 and I have stones. I work out 4 times a week for at least an hour at a time. My weakness is crisps, sweets and I love bread, pasta and all carbs. Last Monday I started the the G.I. diet AGAIN because I lost half a stone in 6 weeks last summer which is good for me. As the weather has been warm and sunny today, it made me feel a bit desperate again as it will soon be time to strip off for summer. Been overweight my whole life and feel like I just wanna get the weight off. One minute I'm looking at all fat, fibre and calorie content of food in the supermarket, the next minute I'm ploughing my weigh through a large bag of crisps!! Next I'm buying large bottles of water to drink and fill up on, the next I'm eating mini weight watcher chocolate cakes that I DONT EVEN LIKE... Any body else do this or similar stuff?!:copon:

My name is Lorna and I'm 42 and I weigh 13 and I have stones. I work out 4 times a week for at least an hour at a time. My weakness is crisps, sweets and I love bread, pasta and all carbs. Last Monday I started the the G.I. diet AGAIN because I lost half a stone in 6 weeks last summer which is good for me. As the weather has been warm and sunny today, it made me feel a bit desperate again as it will soon be time to strip off for summer. Been overweight my whole life and feel like I just wanna get the weight off. One minute I'm looking at all fat, fibre and calorie content of food in the supermarket, the next minute I'm ploughing my weigh through a large bag of crisps!! Next I'm buying large bottles of water to drink and fill up on, the next I'm eating mini weight watcher chocolate cakes that I DONT EVEN LIKE... Any body else do this or similar stuff?!:copon:

Hi Lorna,

Sadly, I know what you're going through and I think a lot of people on this site do as well.

It's feast or famine with me!

I am also a lover of carbs, but I started the Celebrity Slim diet 7 weeks ago so had to cut down on carbs. I actually don't miss them at all now.

How are you doing on the GI diet this time round?

Have a great week!

Love Lisa :)

Hi Emma, such a sad story, welcome to the board and I hope everything goes well for you.

Lorna, it's story of most of our lives love.

Thanks everyone, I was a bit frightened of joining as I'm quite shy, but you've made me feel really welcome :)

No need to be shy here Emma, everyone is really friendly and helpful.

Welcome to the site
Wishing you all the best
:) x

Back