hey :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jezzy, 11 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Jezzy

Jezzy New Member

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new weight loss buddy on these forums! I've been reading all your posts on and off for the last few months and got a lot from seeing that there are others like me fighting the good fight!

I'm a teacher by profession but 3 years ago I was diagnosed with ME. I had to give up work and spent at least 20 hours a day in bed. As you can imagine I put on a lot of weight during that time and I was hardly skinny to begin with! The last 12 months have seen my symptoms improve dramatically, and although I still have to be careful not to over do it, I'm getting my life back.

I started being more aware of my diet and exercising gently 8 months ago. My starting weight was just over 18 stone and I am currently 13 stone 9. My goal is to hit 12 stone/ 11.5 in the next 6 months.

Glad to be here and have some company on the journey to get rid of those last few stubborn stones. :p
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *gold.emerald*

*gold.emerald* dancing queen ;)

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    *my own*;no diet, but exercising&watching cals
    welcome to this fab forum, you'll love it ;)
    good luck with those last few!!
  4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. I am an ex-teacher who had to give up teaching through illness. Try and see this as a new chapter in your life. Good luck

Irene xx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.