Hi. A big welcome to 2014 and to new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popping in to say hi, im new on here as in ive just registered. However ive regularly read some of the post put on the forums for help when ive needed it on my slimming world plan. Looking forward to actually being able to join in and chat with you all. xxx

Hi
This is my first diet, up to the age of 36 I was always under 7stone and a bit too skinny if I am honest, I was in an active job. I changed to a desk job and a few years later I gave up smoking, I am sure you all know where this is going. I am now on the wrong side of 40, 13stone 3lb and fed up with my size, especially my tummy, I am embarrassed by my complete lack of excercise and will power.
It's time for me to sort myself out. I have looked at the various diets and think that (hope that) slimming world is the one for me. Next problem I work shifts so can't commit to a group, and the online cost seem very high. So after finding this site and reading some of the advice I have ordered the starter pack on eBay and joined this site.
I am determined to give it my best shot and my goal is to get to 9 stone which I hope will be a size 10-12.
So please wish me luck and help me stay motivated :) x

Hi
This is my first diet, up to the age of 36 I was always under 7stone and a bit too skinny if I am honest, I was in an active job. I changed to a desk job and a few years later I gave up smoking, I am sure you all know where this is going. I am now on the wrong side of 40, 13stone 3lb and fed up with my size, especially my tummy, I am embarrassed by my complete lack of excercise and will power.
It's time for me to sort myself out. I have looked at the various diets and think that (hope that) slimming world is the one for me. Next problem I work shifts so can't commit to a group, and the online cost seem very high. So after finding this site and reading some of the advice I have ordered the starter pack on eBay and joined this site.
I am determined to give it my best shot and my goal is to get to 9 stone which I hope will be a size 10-12.
So please wish me luck and help me stay motivated :) x

Well done on taking the first steps Molly and welcome to the site. I'm quite new too but spent alot of time reading, particularly the diaries thread and find it really helpful to read other peoples stories. Makes me realise I'm not the only person struggling at times. I know alot of people have had great success with Slimming World and I'm sure you'll soon be one of them! xx

Thank you for the vote of confidence lindsey x x
I have been reading food diaries and I am sure I can stick to sw. I am a savoury rather than sweet person, it's the excercise that I think I may struggle with but it's good to know I have joined a site where I can get support and advice x

Hi I'm a newbie trying to find my way around , started slimming world again just can across this site on looking for recipes so decided to join not sure how you ask about syn values on food so any help would be appreciated Tia :) ( doing at home now also)

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi. Just joined today. So encouraging reading everyone's stories and support for each other. :)

hi just joined today. i have a long way to go so thought I'd tag along with you guys for some mutual support if thats ok ;-) x

heya I joined your website today. I started losing weight about 4 months ago. I´m not overweight but just wanted to get my body more toned. I´m planning to lose another 2 kg. I basically just cycle and walk about 1 - 2 hours a day and keep myself to a 1500 calorie diet. It's been pretty easy since I'm used to eating healthy and have lost most of my appetite for unhealthy food. I've lost 5 kg in 4 months and am super happy about it. There were ups and down really but the last few weeks I've been doing really well again. Cycling every day. I was just wondering where you can post pictures, do you have a thread for this. I would love to hear encouraging words from other people.

Posting to say "Hello" and get my post count up and running :D

Hi *wave*

I'm starting my weight loss journey a little more sincerely. I was happy(ish) with my weight before my pregnancy, I had previously lost on the CWP and maintained, albeit at a little over my 'perfect' weight. I found out I was pregnant last August and gave birth to my amazing little boy April this year. I put on ALOT of baby weight, it was a free for all and I put on all the weight I had previously lost. Since having him I have eaten sensibly and exercised, I've lost inches but only a little weight. We get married this December and I would like to feel a bit more comfortable.
Weighing in today at 93.8kg, I plan to eat low carb/low cal until Wednesday when I will restart CWP. I have an old photo on the fridge to remind myself I CAN do this.
I am going to use this site to keep me motivated. :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone

I'm very new at this having never been on a forum (actively) before but thought it might help to talk to people who understand the challenges of weight loss (curse of having very slim friends)

My weight loss had stalled and I was devastated to get my wedding photos this week and see how big I was despite trying to lose weight for the big day. Time to kick start this again so I can feel good about mtself by our first anniversary!!!

Mrs D

Hi all, only recently have I become brave enough to actually use forums.

I am currently trying to lose weight following slimming world extra easy, to help me conceive. My husband and I have been trying for nearly 2 years with no luck :eek:(

I have 12.5lbs to go untill my bmi is under 30!

this is the most determined I have been to lose this weight!! I will be a mummy!!!

Hi guys!

I have been a lurker on this site for forever, it's always been my "to-go" when I've needed to find something out. I've been a diet procrastinator for 3 years now and it's about time I did something and got back on my bike for good so I'm hoping that being a member here will really help!

Looking forward to chatting to you all! :)

Laura

Hi guys!

I have been a lurker on this site for forever, it's always been my "to-go" when I've needed to find something out. I've been a diet procrastinator for 3 years now and it's about time I did something and got back on my bike for good so I'm hoping that being a member here will really help!

Looking forward to chatting to you all! :)

Laura

Hi Laura, welcome, I found this site by accident when looking for syn values online!!! So pleased I did, its great and so many inspirational stories xx

Loving slimming world, lost another 2.6lbs this week and dont even feel like i'm on a diet!!
10lbs to go until i'm no longer classed as obese and hit my interim target of a BMI less than 30!!

Hi All!

I am so pleased to have found this forum - Just what I am looking for as I have just begun Lipotrim TFR today! I have a lot of weight to loose (hopefully @7 stone!)
I am feeling positive and very determined as my weight has been creeping up this last 5 years from being large to way too large:eek::eek::eek:!

Have an op coming up so would love to get a lot of weight off quickly for this and I hope this will give me the determination to completely re think and restart my lifestyle and attitude towards eating and being healthy and happy!

Here goes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back