Hi. A big welcome to 2014 and to new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my Name is Michelle, I'm 38 and have struggled with my weight since I had my daughter (whom is 17) not so much at first, but as the years have gone on, my weight has crept up, and it seems more difficult to shift.
Then I got pregnant with 3rd child, the weight just piled on, but I thought to myself, "it'll soon come off because I will walk everywhere with the pram" well that wasn't to be? I had a few accidents, and couldn't do anything, so I ended up gaining more, and it was making me depressed.
I had gotten so down that in 2009 that I paid to have a gastric band, it was uncomfortable and took a lot of getting used to but good and I lost around 4 and a half stone. Then 2 years on and I went to Manchester to get it adjusted, but then a few week later I was in agony, it appear they used an un-sterile needle, so my port got infected. I had septisema, and was really poorly, I had no choice but to have the band removed there and then, as it could of been fatal.
Since then my weight has gone up and down, but unfortunately it's up again at the moment. I started Slimming World just before Xmas, I love the fact you can eat quite a lot and still lose.
Any hints, tips, recipes etc would be so appreciated, thanks in advance. Michelle x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins app
Thanks Boo x

Hi I have loads of recipes that are easy peasy.
I lost 4 1/2 stone 2 years ago using slimming world but didn't maintain!!
Back to shift some of the weight that has crept back on.
My before/after/now pics are on my food diary.
You can't ever get hungry on SW haha

Best of luck. Always lurking around if you need some support :)

just keep swimming just keep swimming :)

I've just joined. A big hello to everyone. I hope being a member here will help me lose weight. I just can't seem to stick to any diet for very long. I don't know why. I know what to do and what not to do, and I start off all enthusiastic and determined, but before long I am so hungry and fed up I cheat.

Hi. I'm Sara. I'm 23 years old, 5' 6''. I am a full Time nursing assistant and part time student. I gained about 15 pounds of "boyfriend fat" a year and a half ago when I started dating my boyfriend. I currently weight about 155 pounds and while I would love to weigh 125, my health (and realistic) current goal is 140. I am a vegan.

Hello All! Whenever researching syn value for slimming world via google I have always ended up on the forums of this site. So last night i plumbed up the courage to finally join. Anyways about me, I work overseas and for the last 4 years have been living between France, Holland, England and Spain so sticking to a plan has not been easy. I am currently in New Zealand staying with my boyfriends family and since April I have pilled on a disgusting 4st! I have never been happy with my size and have been overweight since I can remember, I have used working overseas and being on the go as an excuse and I only have myself to blame for the result. So I am doing my best to stick to the SW Plan although I am not a member as I am not based anywhere, I write down what I eat and work out syn values via the internet. I know this site will help me reach my goal and support me along the way! Excited to make new friends and shed the pounds! Thanks for having me :)

Hi slim.me.thin welcome.

I haven't ever been to a group and the SW diet worked wonders for me. My before and afters are in the thread for that! Its an amazing diet.

I managed to get a syn dictionary from freecycle so if your ever stuck for values give me a holler :)

I have spent 3 years adapting "normal" food to SW friendly so got loads of recipes. Toad in the hole is my latest achievement :) haha

Good luck

I've just joined. A big hello to everyone. I hope being a member here will help me lose weight. I just can't seem to stick to any diet for very long. I don't know why. I know what to do and what not to do, and I start off all enthusiastic and determined, but before long I am so hungry and fed up I cheat.

Hi u probably have written how many of us here wd describe ourselves - I joined on Jan 2 and I'm hooked - it's supportive and friendly.

Somehow, writing what I've eaten and how I'm feeling here is much easier than in a slimming club or even to my friends - think that's cos it's anonymous yet friendly.

good luck!

Hello All! Whenever researching syn value for slimming world via google I have always ended up on the forums of this site. So last night i plumbed up the courage to finally join. Anyways about me, I work overseas and for the last 4 years have been living between France, Holland, England and Spain so sticking to a plan has not been easy. I am currently in New Zealand staying with my boyfriends family and since April I have pilled on a disgusting 4st! I have never been happy with my size and have been overweight since I can remember, I have used working overseas and being on the go as an excuse and I only have myself to blame for the result. So I am doing my best to stick to the SW Plan although I am not a member as I am not based anywhere, I write down what I eat and work out syn values via the internet. I know this site will help me reach my goal and support me along the way! Excited to make new friends and shed the pounds! Thanks for having me :)

welcome - u've come to the right place - I joined 4 weeks ago and find this site addictive! I find it n much easier to write down what I've eaten and what I'm feeling anonymously in this supportive place - good luck!

Last edited:
hi my name is william and i have struggled with my weight all through my life and now im nearly at my goal weight and i just need some support to reach that goal !!! good luck everyone with your plans x

hi my name is william and i have struggled with my weight all through my life and now im nearly at my goal weight and i just need some support to reach that goal !!! good luck everyone with your plans x

Hi and welcome William - u've done sooo well - and now u've come to the right place - keep posting here and u'll get all the support u need!

Hi everyone,

I've just started SW, and I kept coming to this site for info on syns etc. So yesterday I decided to register, and I'm so happy that I did. Everyone is so friendly, and there are so many helpful topics on here. I can't wait to read through them all.

2014 is going to be the year that I get fit and healthy!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi. Just joined today, not really sure what to do but I like the fact I can talk to others and get ideas. I'm was 16st 7lb when I weighed myself last week and I want to get down to 11stone in the next 2 years.

Hi. Just joined today, not really sure what to do but I like the fact I can talk to others and get ideas. I'm was 16st 7lb when I weighed myself last week and I want to get down to 11stone in the next 2 years.
Welcome and good luck - ur right this is a great site!

Hi everyone! Just joined today, but have been lurking here since last summer when I joined Slimming World and was googling for syn values every three minutes. This site came up more often than the actual Slimming World one!
Anyway, hi, I'm Corrie, and I haven't been part of a forum like this for yonks, so bear with me while I get familiar.
I've lost about a stone with SW so far, but have been losing momentum, and thought I might be able to get (and offer!) a bit of extra support on here. Would like to lose another 25lbs or so.

Hi everyone! Just joined today, but have been lurking here since last summer when I joined Slimming World and was googling for syn values every three minutes. This site came up more often than the actual Slimming World one!
Anyway, hi, I'm Corrie, and I haven't been part of a forum like this for yonks, so bear with me while I get familiar.
I've lost about a stone with SW so far, but have been losing momentum, and thought I might be able to get (and offer!) a bit of extra support on here. Would like to lose another 25lbs or so.

Welcome - and good luck with your weight loss - I'd never been on a weight loss forum b4 this one - joined on Jan 1 and find it supportive, friendly and inspirational - hope you do too!

Hi I've just registered to this site too and only in day 2 of slimming works diet!! This sites soo helpful and friendly so glad I registered.....I'll see how I get on in a few weeks, too scared to weight myself after 1 week

Hi I've just registered to this site too and only in day 2 of slimming works diet!! This sites soo helpful and friendly so glad I registered.....I'll see how I get on in a few weeks, too scared to weight myself after 1 week

You've done the right thing - welcome - as you've found out this is a great place - keep posting and you'll get all the support you need

Morning all, So I'm pretty new to this site did join a while back but never used it so thought I would give it a proper go this time. I am not however a stranger to slimming world tried and failed many a time!!!! but as my leader says forget that journey and concentrate on the one ahead! Which I am. Loving the extra easy plan I never feel deprived which is a bonus as with other plans I felt hungry and like I couldn't have certain things. I actually look forward to weigh in every week. Good luck all. xx:)

Morning all, So I'm pretty new to this site did join a while back but never used it so thought I would give it a proper go this time. I am not however a stranger to slimming world tried and failed many a time!!!! but as my leader says forget that journey and concentrate on the one ahead! Which I am. Loving the extra easy plan I never feel deprived which is a bonus as with other plans I felt hungry and like I couldn't have certain things. I actually look forward to weigh in every week. Good luck all. xx:)

Welcome and good luck on ur weight loss journey - you'll see from my sign in name that I'm a serial dieter too.

Loadsa support here if you keep posting - I follow a lovely Slimming World food diary thread called 'LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty' you'd be made very welcome there if ur interested!!

Thanks Cavegirl for your reputation comment - much appreciated - I welcome new members to repay the fantastic support I've had here - hope everyone has a good loss this week!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back