Hi. A big welcome to 2014 and to new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Just joined today, not really sure what to do but I like the fact I can talk to others and get ideas. I'm was 16st 7lb when I weighed myself last week and I want to get down to 11stone in the next 2 years.

Hi, I'm Ellie and i'm new too, we have the same starting weight and goal weight! I'm on cambridge diet though :)

Hi. Just joined today, not really sure what to do but I like the fact I can talk to others and get ideas. I'm was 16st 7lb when I weighed myself last week and I want to get down to 11stone in the next 2 years.

welcome and good luck - it's a great sited - I joined a few weeks ago and it's really helping me and hope it does for u too!

Hi, I'm Ellie and i'm new too, we have the same starting weight and goal weight! I'm on cambridge diet though :)

Hi and welcome - u've chosen a really quick way to lose weight but it's a tough one - good luck - loads of support for u here!

Hello everyone, I am starting my resolution a little late. I started going to the gym a week ago but I'm wondering what and how much I should be eating, what kind of workouts I should be doing..anyways just wanted to say hi and hopefully I'll lose a few pounds by summer haha.

Hi - whoever runs (or helps) at the gym shd give you all the help you need - good gyms have a chat and give advice when you start or join.

Oh gosh what and how much to eat? Different diets give different answers but a good rule of thumb is to eat to satisfy ur appetite and not for ur eyes! or cos ur bored!

There's loads of diets to choose from - experts usually say that 3 meals a day with a couple of healthy snacks is the safest and most successful way to lose weight cos u'll be able to maintain it for the rest of ur life - try googling for ideas.

That said - I've tried wacky diets like a lot of others here and I've just got bigger but losing a bit now LOL

Lots of easy recipes on this site, Slimming World website, Rosemary Conley or again just google easy low fat recipes UK (if you don't want American measures) but for now how about:

B'fast - a healthy b'fast - cereal or porridge, or toast and fruit, grilled bacon, egg, tomatoes (careful on the fat!) or similar

Mid morning - a healthy snack - fruit or low fat cereal bar

Lunch - sandwich or tortilla with lean meat or egg and salad or tomatoes - careful with ready made ones they can be loaded in fat!

a salad with boiled eggs, or cold lean meat, pasta, rice (in a box if ur out) again careful on mayo or salad cream (buy the low fat versions) or soup (in a flask if ur out) and a piece of bread - no butter/marg if u can

beans on toast (no butter/marg), baked potato with cold meat/salad, beans, if ur home or in a café

Mid afternoon snack - as the morning

Tea - lots to choose - keep the fat low inc in any sauce or gravy, no butter/marg on the vegetables, low fat mayo or salad cream, try to have lots of vegetables and or salad - they fill u up and u can have loads!

chicken, fish, low fat saus & eggs, low fat ready meals for convenience, spaghetti bol, chilli with rice, baked potatoes with low fat fillings, lean meat and veg with potatoes,

You can make chips by preparing potatoes as normal but instead of frying them boil until they start to go soft - drain them - then put them on a cold oven tray and spray with Frylight (a low fat oil in most supermarkets - which evaporates if oven tray or pan is hot!)

Put tray in a hot oven (240 degrees, 220 degrees fan oven - gas mark 9) check them after 10 mins and turn the chips - put back in the oven for 10 to 15 mins more or until they're cooked how u like them. If you like that idea you can cut raw potatoes into wedges and cook in the same way - yum yum!

Good luck - keep posting and looking around this site and you'll get lots of ideas and support!

Last edited:
Hi im new just trying to figure everything out , but looks like a good site x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi im new just trying to figure everything out , but looks like a good site x

Welcome and good luck with ur weight loss journey - I think this site is great and is certainly keeping me on track. I'd been struggling to lose weight for months before I joined this site on January 2.

You'll see from my stats that I've had 4 good weigh ins so far - had a blip last week - but been on track this week and hoping for a good weight loss on Weds - 5 out of 6 weeks on track is a lifetime record for me. Been to several slimming clubs etc - but this is the best thing I've done

Hope you also find Minimins useful, inspiring and good fun - keep posting and u'll get all the support u need.

Last edited:
Thanks hope you get a good loss on wed . ive done s/w in the past , but im giving it a go doing it on my own. Ive already used the site loads for looking up syns. It's really helpful :)

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie to forums so will read everything I can lay my hands on. Doing WW Pro Points at home (thanks to this forum) and now 3 weeks in - so far so good. My target is 19lbs in 19weeks so I am under 10stones by the time I go to the USA on holiday in June.

This forum is amazing!

Luv, RP x

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie to forums so will read everything I can lay my hands on. Doing WW Pro Points at home (thanks to this forum) and now 3 weeks in - so far so good. My target is 19lbs in 19weeks so I am under 10stones by the time I go to the USA on holiday in June.

This forum is amazing!

Luv, RP x

Fully agree this site is my saviour! U sound fully motivated and who wdn't be with a lovely hol to look forward to eh? Good luck to you!

Hi all, very excited about being on my 2014 weight loss journey starting today. I am doing SW and had a fridge stocked full of healthy food and an overflowing fruit basket!! :)

Last edited:
Hi all, very excited about being on my 2014 weight loss journey starting today. I am doing SW and had a fridge stocked full of healthy food and an overflowing fruit basket!! :)

Good luck on ur weight loss journey - it's lovely when ur motivated and u have all the right food in - u'll get lots of info, guidance and support on this site!

Hi everyone, I'm another newbie. I've just started SW & I'm already addicted to this site. So much info & such friendly people. Am going it alone so its great to know that there is somewhere to turn to for a bit of support when temptation kicks in. I've previously been on WW but seemed to cook the same things over & over so I didn't have to keep counting everything. I love cooking & with sooooo many recipes on here I cant wait to get stuck back into healthy cooking that all the family can enjoy :)

Hi everyone, I'm another newbie. I've just started SW & I'm already addicted to this site. So much info & such friendly people. Am going it alone so its great to know that there is somewhere to turn to for a bit of support when temptation kicks in. I've previously been on WW but seemed to cook the same things over & over so I didn't have to keep counting everything. I love cooking & with sooooo many recipes on here I cant wait to get stuck back into healthy cooking that all the family can enjoy :)

Hi and welcome - yes this site is wonderful and as u've found out full of friendly ppl and scrummy recipes - I get into a rut with cooking too - then get bored - then u've guessed it - I'm scoffing the sugary, fatty stuff!! Good luck with ur weight loss journey!

Hey everyone!! I am new here and testing forums out to see if they are any help. How is everyone?

Hi and welcome - this forum is the first I tried and I'm addicted - the ppl are so friendly and supportive and I've picked up lots of info.

I've been on track since I started on Jan 2 (ok I've had a few wobbles but thanks to here - I've got straight back on plan) and lost just over a stone and just beginning to take regular exercise. How have u decided to lose ur weight? Keep posting and u'll get all the support u need!

Hello. I've never joined a forum before and I find this one brilliant. There are so many people with first hand knowledge and their own experiences. I must admit I find it really useful for new recipes which are suitable while dieting.

hi I've just joined but i am loving all the tips i am reading too help me with my weight loss.i joined weight watchers on 24th January i have lost 7 and a half lb so far but really struggled last week and was put on pro points so i am loving reading all of these points values for things i enjoy but haven't been having.i look forward to chatting with you all :)

hi I've just joined but i am loving all the tips i am reading too help me with my weight loss.i joined weight watchers on 24th January i have lost 7 and a half lb so far but really struggled last week and was put on pro points so i am loving reading all of these points values for things i enjoy but haven't been having.i look forward to chatting with you all :)

Welcome to this friendly site - I'm addicted! Glad ur settling into WW pro points and good luck!

Hello. You two seem to be doing fantastically well with your weight loss. I don't understand pro points so I can't help but I do think this site is brilliant. The people using the site are certainly experts based on first hand experience. I was following slimming world on my own but the doctor suggested I try orlistat and following a low fat diet. This is fine but its amazing how much fat is added to foods.

Hello. I've never joined a forum before and I find this one brilliant. There are so many people with first hand knowledge and their own experiences. I must admit I find it really useful for new recipes which are suitable while dieting.

Welcome - I was a forum virgin too b4 finding this one - I'm now addicted - for the reasons u mention - good luck for ur weight loss journey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back