Hi. A big welcome to 2014 and to new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi how are you getting on with the plan? i started on Mon 17 Feb not got my first weigh in tomorrow evening. Im finding it ok but would like to others about there experiences.

Hi. I'm brand new to all this! Using my iPhone, so may not be seeing all the benefits of the full website? Haven't worked out how to change my profile pic yet. Started Cambridge diet last week with a 7.5lb loss. I used this forum to help my find inspiration in my moments of weakness!

Hi. I'm brand new to all this! Using my iPhone, so may not be seeing all the benefits of the full website? Haven't worked out how to change my profile pic yet. Started Cambridge diet last week with a 7.5lb loss. I used this forum to help my find inspiration in my moments of weakness!

Welcome and well done on a great first week's loss - I've done Cambridge way back in the past but it takes a lot of willpower doesn't it? Good luck.

I am a little late here but heck lol. Today is my birthday and I decided to make this year the best year of my life! I am going to try to work hard and be as successful as possible in every aspect of my life. Wish me luck.

You know what they say - better late than never - Penblwydd Hapus as we say in Wales (Happy Birthday) like the idea of the making 2014 the best of ur life - go for it and good luck!

Thanks upndown. It does take willpower, but now I've already started seeing results I feel I want to carry on! Hoping for another nice loss this week then I'll be we'll on my way to my first stone off! Got a meal out tomorrow night at pizza express. Have already chosen the healthiest salad on the menu! Hopefully it doesn't affect things too much?!

Thanks upndown. It does take willpower, but now I've already started seeing results I feel I want to carry on! Hoping for another nice loss this week then I'll be we'll on my way to my first stone off! Got a meal out tomorrow night at pizza express. Have already chosen the healthiest salad on the menu! Hopefully it doesn't affect things too much?!

that's fantastic - good luck with the pizza night - u've done well to plan ahead with the salad!

I'm so determined that this year will be my year! And great to alongside so many committed peeps!

Hi and welcome - I joined at the beg of the year - I'm addicted to here now! I haven't stuck to the plan this long for years! Okay I've had a few slips but just get back on the wagon with all the support here - u've come to the right place - good luck!

Hello, I've been lurking lately and took the plunge to join up. My story is an up and down one. I have been obese since mid-teens..now 42. In 2007, at nearly 23 stones, I had a gastric band fitted and lost 7.5 stones over the next five years. Then I had a much longed for child through ivf. So I find myself carrying a gain of 4 stones (my band isn't at it's sweet spot so I'll be getting a refill soon). I have joined slimming world and it's a good plan but I am seriously struggling to manage all the fruit and veg. I'm not a big eater but I'm a total carb and chocolate lover. I lost 11lbs in the first 3 weeks and then it all went pear shaped with a gain of 3lbs. This week I am counting calories with mfp in addition to sw and I think it might be the way forward as I can have my cereal and bread without ruining the day. So there you have it....I'm nervous but determined to finally beat the scales. I hope I can be a support to others and we can all help each other make good choices x

Hello, I've been lurking lately and took the plunge to join up. My story is an up and down one. I have been obese since mid-teens..now 42. In 2007, at nearly 23 stones, I had a gastric band fitted and lost 7.5 stones over the next five years. Then I had a much longed for child through ivf. So I find myself carrying a gain of 4 stones (my band isn't at it's sweet spot so I'll be getting a refill soon). I have joined slimming world and it's a good plan but I am seriously struggling to manage all the fruit and veg. I'm not a big eater but I'm a total carb and chocolate lover. I lost 11lbs in the first 3 weeks and then it all went pear shaped with a gain of 3lbs. This week I am counting calories with mfp in addition to sw and I think it might be the way forward as I can have my cereal and bread without ruining the day. So there you have it....I'm nervous but determined to finally beat the scales. I hope I can be a support to others and we can all help each other make good choices x

Hi and welcome - u can see from my sign name that I'm a long standing yo-yo dieter - I'm addicted to here so think u'v done the right thing!

Not sure what u mean about not managing all the fruit and veg on SW - I'd suggest u eat what u need in balance with ur protein and carbs - ur consultant will help with that I'm sure. Good luck with ur weight loss journey!

Hi how are you getting on with the plan? i started on Mon 17 Feb not got my first weigh in tomorrow evening. Im finding it ok but would like to others about there experiences.

Hi - In answer to ur question - I'm doing Slimming World - which I've done for many years - it works if u stick to it but I've struggled to do that at times.

But since I joined here in at New Year - I've been fine - with a few wobbles but with the great support here I've got straight back on plan. If u keep posting u'll get all the support u need - I wish u well on ur weight loss journey.

I'm so determined that this year will be my year! And great to alongside so many committed peeps!

welcome and good luck - this is a great place and if u keep posting u'll get all the support u need and nail it in 2014!!

Hello all! I joined Slimming world in Nov and I was almost at 1 stone loss but ended up out sick from work for 3 weeks in Jan and been out 2 weeks this month. I am almost back at my starting weight after comfort eating with anything that didn't move! Going back to work tomorro and with a new attitude. I was back at doc yday and she told me I was obese. My heaviest was 16st 7lbs and I have gotten myself down to 14st but seem to get stuck at 13st 11/14st. Just seem to keep being easy on myself and saying ah u ave lost so much that a treat won't hurt but it's never just 1 treat lol :p The old saying is right, the only person I have been kidding is myself. I got down to 14st for my wedding last May so think it's bout time I pulled my socks up! We are wanting to try for babies but I want to get down to bout 12st beforehand to get me under the 30 on the BMI chart so as to avoid all those extra nasty tests.
I have always found this site when I googled questions bout SW. I am hoping with the extra help of this site I will see my results speed up :) would like to be able to start trying around June-Aug so that gives me 3-5 months to get to target :$:$:$

Hello all! I joined Slimming world in Nov and I was almost at 1 stone loss but ended up out sick from work for 3 weeks in Jan and been out 2 weeks this month. I am almost back at my starting weight after comfort eating with anything that didn't move! Going back to work tomorro and with a new attitude. I was back at doc yday and she told me I was obese. My heaviest was 16st 7lbs and I have gotten myself down to 14st but seem to get stuck at 13st 11/14st. Just seem to keep being easy on myself and saying ah u ave lost so much that a treat won't hurt but it's never just 1 treat lol :p The old saying is right, the only person I have been kidding is myself. I got down to 14st for my wedding last May so think it's bout time I pulled my socks up! We are wanting to try for babies but I want to get down to bout 12st beforehand to get me under the 30 on the BMI chart so as to avoid all those extra nasty tests.
I have always found this site when I googled questions bout SW. I am hoping with the extra help of this site I will see my results speed up :) would like to be able to start trying around June-Aug so that gives me 3-5 months to get to target :$:$:$

You've done the right thing to come here - if u keep posting u'll get all the support u need.

We've all been where u are (check out my sign in name!) so don't beat urself up - just get on plan and u'll soon be overweight not obese.

Isn't that a horrible word? Going from obese to overweight made me feel skinny!!

Hi, I'm just researching and shopping and then I'm going to start slimming world, 2.5st to loose! Any tips?

Hi and welcome - I think the success is in the planning & shopping too!

Here's a link with my tips for SW - if it doesn't work - I posted it 3 days ago on the 'Anyone in 11 stone bracket want support get down to the 10s thread' & if u can't find that let me know - good luck with ur weight loss!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...ant-support-get-down-10s-371.html#post7112590

Hi - I'm New

Hi

I have been lurking on here for a while but have finally decided to take charge and put more effort in. I am following the slimming world plan and have been since last summer - I lost 10lbs and then stacked it all back on again but have mostly been 'playing at it' i.e. going to weigh in on Thursday and then forgetting all about slimming world until Sunday night when I panic and then try to eat as little as possible to get through weigh in - the end result is lb on, lb off, lb on, lb off :sigh:. Heres to being consistent and getting towards target in 2014!!!

I've just joined today and am very excited to be amongst others who have and still are living in my shoes. 2013 was a year of pain for me, pain in my hips, lower back and heel (thanks to a heel spur). After spending too long depressed about my weight I'm now fighting back and pushing through the mental and physical pain.
im from Australia and am a mummy of 2 precious boys. Xxx

Welcome - yes ur in the right place - I've struggled for a long time but been pretty much on track since I joined here in the New Year - good luck!

hiya, newbie here, i am on my 2nd go of slimming world, i have alot to lose right now, on my 3rd week and so far lost just 6 1/2 lbs. looking forward to gathering as much info an tips as i can to make sure i stick to it this time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back