HI all....advice needed please :)

kopcat

Gold Member
Hi,

I got married at the end of August, but we did it quietly and had planned a party with family and friends to celebrate. That's come around rather quickly, and all of the sudden it's THIS SATURDAY!! By then I'll be at the end of Week 2 on CD. I'm not going to go mad foodwise, but I'm obviously not going to punish myself for the night - it's my wedding party after all!?!
My question is more to do with alcohol - I'd like to be able to have a glass or two of bubbly, but I've read on here that that can be a major problem when you're in ketosis. SO....should I eat a couple of small meals during the day, to make sure I'm not in ketosis?

Hope all of that made sense...I'm rather tired and stressed after a cacky day in the classroom... But I'd really appreciate your advice.

Cheers in advance :)

As I understand it, it's not so much the ketosis that's the problem, but the fact you're having so few calories. Putting alcohol into a calorie-depleted body is probably asking for trouble.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be along shortly, but I would imagine that if you eat items off the Add a meal week menu to bump up your calories for the day, you might be able to get away with a glass of bubbly or two and still stay in ketosis. Damage limitation and all that :)

The real danger with alcohol on any diet is that it weakens your resolve--so take care--oh, and have a great time!

I've heard that it can be dangerous, even fatal, to have alcohol while in ketosis. There is some info on it somewhere here but i cant remember where! sorry.

Having said that I did drink once while on SS and although i got drunk pretty quickly i wasnt ill. BUT it could be that i was just lucky. I know the general consensus is not to drink

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful evening
xxx

Thank you to you both. I'm not too worried about coming out of ketosis...I know I'll get back in fairly quickly. I just need to make sure I have enough in my system really...I don't intend to drink that much anyway (am sure I won't have time to!?!). This diet doesn't stop on Saturday, it only stalls - I fully intend to be as slim, by Christmas, as I as when I met my husband almost 2 years ago.

I appreciate your support :thankyou:

Hi,

I got married at the end of August, but we did it quietly and had planned a party with family and friends to celebrate. That's come around rather quickly, and all of the sudden it's THIS SATURDAY!! By then I'll be at the end of Week 2 on CD. I'm not going to go mad foodwise, but I'm obviously not going to punish myself for the night - it's my wedding party after all!?!
My question is more to do with alcohol - I'd like to be able to have a glass or two of bubbly, but I've read on here that that can be a major problem when you're in ketosis. SO....should I eat a couple of small meals during the day, to make sure I'm not in ketosis?

Hope all of that made sense...I'm rather tired and stressed after a cacky day in the classroom... But I'd really appreciate your advice.

Cheers in advance :)
Hiya I do Slimming World so I cant help with CD stuff but I just wanted to say have a fab time on Saturday.:D

Personally, I would line your stomach with something, whether it be carbs or not, as you say it is your wedding reception, one night won't matter as long as you don't mind coming out of ketosis. I wuld eat a bit though...

Have a fantastic night, and congratulations...

Love

Hiya I do Slimming World so I cant help with CD stuff but I just wanted to say have a fab time on Saturday.:D

If I can stay awake, I fully intend to! The stresses of teaching full-time and planning this do have been getting on top of me...I can see me checking into our hotel, putting my dress back on and falling fast asleep :D

Personally, I would line your stomach with something, whether it be carbs or not, as you say it is your wedding reception, one night won't matter as long as you don't mind coming out of ketosis. I wuld eat a bit though...

Have a fantastic night, and congratulations...

Love

Thanks..I think I'll eat, and then kickstart on Sunday lunchtime again (after all the visitors have gone home).

If I can work out how, and there are any decent ones, I'll post a few pics afterwards.

:talk017:

Hiya

First off - congratulations! Hope you have a fab time.

I've had a couple of occassions where i've drank - i've stuck to Gin and slimline as that has no carbs - and felt fine -didn't get too drunk as I only had 2 (on one occassion had 4, but still not drunk!), but seeing as I had no food in my system I was shocked that I wasn't paraletic! Not sure how many carbs champers has, but if poss try and stick to low-carb alcohol, and don't forget to enjoy yourself! If you do want to eat, then try and have protein rathre than carbs.

sha
xx

I have no scientific knowledge about this, but I do have some experience!

A few weeks back (whilst on CD and in ketosis) I drank quite a lot of dry white wine - I actually lost count after a few, and they were measures poured at home from a wine box........ it was probably quite a lot.

I'm quite a big drinker, and have been for a long time, and rarely suffer from hangovers. Suffice to say I would rather have died the next day than to have suffered the hangover that I did. It lasted the whole of the weekend and I felt absolutely dreadful.

I still have the odd glass now and then, but whilst on CD I really try to limit it to one or two at the most. It's possibly been a harder habit to break than the eating.

I would say definately don't drink while ss-ing, and even if you do drink, please watch yourself, and get someone else to keep an eye out for you too!

Have a fantastic party!!!
x

Hi Kopcat :D

I agree with everyone about having something to eat before drinking any alcohol honey. Even if you just decide to stick to proteins and no carbs.

I know Summerskye (Sharon) has been an expert at doing this for special events throughout the whole of her successful weighloss journey.

Have a lovely day and just get back on the wagon as soon as you can afterwards...:D

Lacey xx

Back