Hi all! I am a new kid on the block....

Discussion in 'The Century Club' started by Didi M, 14 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Didi M

Didi M Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(10.69%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    :wave_cry: My name is Didi and i live in Western New York. I was born in New Orleans and raised there until about 10 yo, then became a Texan. I was thin and even won a few Texas Beauty Pageants (a Tex-Anne's equivalent to football, LOL.) Joined the Navy and served my country in Operation Desert Storm in the Persian Gulf.
    After the Navy, well life happened; life out of my control and I went from running and health to anger. Along with anger came rebellion and I decided I would everything I wasn't supposed to do as a good Southern Lady. Apparently, that included eating everything in sight that was unhealthy and made me feel safe, secure and less alone.
    15 years later I am a whopping 100+ pounds overweight! You may ask how I didn't notice it. Well, I really didn't. The depression and seclusion I created around me served to keep me in denial. :flirt2:
    Well, finally I am coming out of my shell. The past 2 years have been a whirlwind. The storm is settling now and this is MY turn. :eek: I am hypothyroid, have rheumatoid, and a breathing issue from combat service. :confused: I have been told by one doc to lose weight and another that I cannot! One doc seems to want me to have all illnesses associated with obesity and actually seems astonished or bummed when my labs come back better than hers!:eek: I am essentially a fat woman that overall is healthy and I am blessed and thankful for that. At 40 however, I know that won't last forever and it is my time to take control. I have decided to stop doing EVERYTHING for everyone else in my family and do something for ME! Yet, I still feel selfish! Aghhhhhhh! :cool:
    I started Dukan yesterday and lost 2+pounds of water so far. So far this diet seems to suit me well. I will keep ya posted through my Diary. If there is anything I can help with I will respond. I hope you will do likewise. This battle is rough - not just the food restriction....

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kernow Jo

Kernow Jo Each step closer!

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13.5lb(32.72%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers / Gastric Band Hypnotherapy
    I wanted to wish you well on your weight loss journey. It sounds like you have made that commitment to yourself to take control of your weight issue and that is a great start. If you really want to do this then you will succeed. I am now down 117 lbs and have had to work hard to get this far. People use to wish me luck and it didn't take me long to realise that luck had nothing to do with it and it was only me and sheer determination that could make a difference.

You have made a good start so stick with it even through the tough times and you too can succeed. Jo x

4. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi Didi and welcome, i would have said hello earlier but I've been away on leave :)

5. Didi M

Didi M Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(10.69%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Seven pounds gone and COUNTING! Check out my new signature!

6. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Morning Didi, well done love

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.