Hi all i am new to calorie counting

twirly09

After a year of many failed attempts at slimming world and feeling like i was heading into serious depression, i went to the doctors on monday. After a long convo with the doctor (about 45 minutes!!) we discussed the benefits of all different diets - those that i had failed! His suggestion was that i try a 1200 calorie a day diet. I was reluctant at first, i didnt think i'd be able to do it.
However, after two days *which i know isnt long* i am feeling good about myself and enjoying this 1200 calories!

I have to keep a diary for two weeks and go back to him, however i think this is the first diet that will work. I am going to continue the diary afterwards as it is really helping me.

I started on monday the 20th august at 101kg.

Hope I can do this

Good luck. Sounds like youve made a good start already.

Have you heard of or tried myfitnesspal, it'll really help you to keep a track of what your eating and the calories.

Xxx

Yes ive been using that on my phone. its really helpful to keep track during the day when im out :).

Im trying to resist jumping on the scales until i go back to the doctors in 13 days. he weighed me there and it would be nice to see a big difference! any difference will be a motivation to me.

Ive been going to the gym 4 times a week as well, so im hoping all combined i will start getting the body i want:)

Thats brilliant! I always find that when I exercise a lot my weight loss slows down.... But then as my body adjusts, after a few weeks, it drops off!!

You can add me on mfp if you like..... lotte770

Good luck.xxx

totally failed earlier today, its mums birthday and we went out for dinner. im back on it now tho. wont let this win!! still not weighed myself. plan on getting loads of exercise next week :)

think i need to up my water intake daily, not drinking enough.

twirly09 said:
totally failed earlier today, its mums birthday and we went out for dinner. im back on it now tho. wont let this win!! still not weighed myself. plan on getting loads of exercise next week :)

think i need to up my water intake daily, not drinking enough.

Don't worry about the birthday dinner :) life is for living and it was a special occasion! Just make up for it over the next few days :) I have been upping my water as well, got myself a soda stream as I love sparkling water so now I'm having lots of it!

Sent from my iPhone

Hello all, i jumped on the scales, i didnt want too until i went to the doctors this tuesday but in two weeks (well two weeks tomorrow!) i've dropped about 4.5kg. Gone from 101kg to 96.5kg :D Which is a fantastic start. I've found it hard, but not a single day (bar my mums birthday) have i gone over 1400 calories, most days being around 1200-1275 mark. My GP did say it would be hard so i think im doing great. I feel more confident and well, happier :)

I know, uni kills things for me too. I'm starting my third year in Oct but hopefully i'll be able to keep strong too!!!! Books + studying = snacking.

Studying? What is this word? lol... I am going to try do most of my studying in the library. I find I am worst at home with temptation all around! I want to hit under 14st by xmas... i think thats quite a reasonable target. 13st 7lbs would be nice though. I just feel amazing, I can now put my size 18 trousers on without undoing them! and every belt has to go on the last hole! result :D. When i start packing for moving back will find my size 16 trousers, hoping they will be my new best friends :)

Uhhh i've had a few snacks today :(... nothing awful but probs will go a few over 1200 today. Feeling rough. Better day tomorrow :). Have drank lots more water today which i what i wanted to do up my intake of that. Got beef casserole for tea and then gonna settle down with a good book or watch tv :)

also need to complete my food diary to show my doctor. Will get there. determined this time. got a different mental attitude now that i have started to see results :)

Trying to think up low-calorie meal ideas that will be easy for me to do at uni, has anyone got any ideas?!

twirly09 said:
Trying to think up low-calorie meal ideas that will be easy for me to do at uni, has anyone got any ideas?!

I just graduated and CC'd throughout university and found lots of yummy low calorie meals to cook. I've posted a few over on the calorie counting recipe section if you want to take a look :) xx

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you, will have a look :)

Weighed myself again this morning, knew i shouldnt but i officially weigh 15st :D SOOOOOOOO happy. its a big mental barrier. being close to 16st has made me feel fat and frumpy but im starting to feel much better :) and confident about myself

twirly09 said:
Thank you, will have a look :)

Weighed myself again this morning, knew i shouldnt but i officially weigh 15st :D SOOOOOOOO happy. its a big mental barrier. being close to 16st has made me feel fat and frumpy but im starting to feel much better :) and confident about myself

Yay congrats! xx

Sent from my iPhone

After two awful nights sleep, (i suffer from insomnia) I realised that the last couple of weeks i have been putting calorie counting and diet and weight loss above my own emotional wellbeing and i know from the past I can't make it all work unless mentally im feeling fit otherwise the idea of eating salads and veg instead of crisps, coke and chocolate isnt appealing.

Gonna be a little bit relaxed today (not totally) I need a chill out day. Tbh right now i am so tired, i dont know what im doing.

After feeling so ill and yucky yesterday! Back on it today :) Feeling much better! Off to the gym again later, doing my cycling challenge!! Still got to think of a reward! I have another 939km to cycle in the next 14 weeks! :)

Back