Hi all I am new to this board and am having worries.

Hello, as you see this is my 1st post here. I joined SW 6 weeks ago and I am really enjoyng the diet so far. I have tried loads of new food and find it fits in really well with my lifestyle.
In fact all is perfect apart from my weight loss. In 6 weeks I have only lost 6.5lbs. Now I know this is a pound a week which is healthy and all that, but to me this is disapointing. In fact last week I didn't lose anything at all not even half a pound and I was only half away from my first award too :cry:. I have 4 stone to lose and a pound a week is sooo slow going, especially because this is the start and you usually lose more at the beginning too.
As I said I do love the diet and I am not even tempted to cheat nor overly stuff my face either.
Anyone else finding it slow going?

Hello and welcome!

You said it yourself - it's all there in your post. A pound a week is a healthy and sensible rate of weight loss. SW is a great plan and the fact you're not tempted to stuff your face or cheat is testament to that! You'll have some weeks where you have greater losses and weeks when you'll inevitably gain, but the beauty of SW is that it's a long term way of eating - for life, many of us will say.
You've said it fits in with your lifestyle and what could be better than that?

You're doing really, really well. You will get to your goal if you stick with it. Some people find the weight falls off rapidly and others are steady and slow losers who find it more challenging.

There are things you can do to help things along: body magic, speed food challenges etc., but you should be really pleased with your progress!

Hey hun,

when i joined i had 4.5 stone to loose. exactly 63 pounds, and do you know what, it took me EXACTLY 63 weeks.

i realise a pound a week can seem a lil slow, and in fact its not always a pound a week, its usually the average, but its the 3 lb loss here.. or 2lb loss there that makes that sts or half a pound loss some weeks seem not so bad. I think in the first few weeks, with all that effort going in we'd all like it to be a bit quicker, but i garentee you in 6 months time, you'l be ranting and raving how fab your 1lb loss was that week. Its amazing how your mind set changes, i think over the course of your sw journey other things become important to you, like that next dress size down rather than the pounds.. or how healthy you feel.. or like it was for me this week, realising i could fit my chunky calves in 'normal-people' sized boots (as i like to call them lol) for the first time in my entire life!

i wouldnt fret, the more you relax and enjoy, the better your losses and the less of a up-hill struggle it'l seem.

x
xxx

Thanks for your replies. Especially to the lovely Hellie who isn't aware yet that I am your HAYD very 'healthy' Northerner chum.
:D

I know a pound a week is still getting there bit by bit but honest I was so annoyed at WI last week when I didn't lose anything I couldn't even stay to the meeting. I was so gutted. Why oh why did I put all this stupid weight on again?

LOL you cheeky northerner Liz ;)

Are we being 'healthy'?! Hmm?! ;)

:banghead: I am with you all the way I put a similar post on yesterday......I have been doing sw for just over 4 weeks and have lost a grand total of 3lb so far :confused: it's so disheartening isn't it! I am going to keep going with the plan as it's the only diet I have done that doesn't really feel like a diet. I have been doing my syns on a weekly basis as advised by my consultant but I am going to change to daily and see if that picks things up a bit.....was hoping for a stone off by christmas but thats not going to happen, enough of my winning lol good luck honey hopefully we will both get there in the end X X

:banghead: I am with you all the way I put a similar post on yesterday......I have been doing sw for just over 4 weeks and have lost a grand total of 3lb so far :confused: it's so disheartening isn't it! I am going to keep going with the plan as it's the only diet I have done that doesn't really feel like a diet. I have been doing my syns on a weekly basis as advised by my consultant but I am going to change to daily and see if that picks things up a bit.....was hoping for a stone off by christmas but thats not going to happen, enough of my winning lol good luck honey hopefully we will both get there in the end X X

You and me both then :sigh: the thing is I really really love the plan. I am eating such a variety of foods and never feel deprived. It is just such slow going though.
Many thanks to everyone for being lovely. I will plod on bit by bit. New WI tomorrow night so I hope something good happens then. Surely I must get my half stone then??

:banana dancer:to Hellie

Please, please try and stay to class each week as it'll help. Also, when it comes to your turn in image therapy you can mention that you're feeling a little disheartened. You know that 1lb a week loss is healthy, and I'd kill to be able to lose each week lol - but I can see how it'd be annoying at the start of your journey.

I started at SW 3 weeks ago and have so far lost 4 pounds - like you I thought that I'd lose more to start with but actually I'm really pleased with what I've done so far - we're eating healthier, it feels like a lifestyle change and not a diet and I know this time I will get to goal - we can all do this xxx

Back