Hi all need help or support

maz24

Been doing the extra easy for four weeks now and lost 4.5 lbs , every one else seems to be loosing much quicker! Eg of what I ate today , breakfast clementines for lunch sw Shepard pie and muller lite yogurt and for dinner turkey rasher with beans mushroom and egg and four cups of coffee with sweetener and milk , I don't want to give up , would like it to speed up though , all though I've tried the ss soup last week

My initial thoughts are - it doesn't sound as though you're eating very much, are you having any syns and it doesn't look as though you're having a third super-free. Despite that, a pound a week is a good steady loss. Don't compare yourself to anyone else and keep at it. Good luck!

hi ya, it seems you are eating enough and the right things, maybe you just lose weight slowly, maybe you need to drink more water? or exercise more?
Good luck, and remember a loss is still a loss xx

think you need more for breakfast actually now i have re-read your post xx

May be not the b and not drinking much water maybe on pint a day I only started eating breakfast this week which is usually a banana in the car on way to work . Also I bought the high fi bars and ate them all in two days , have riv ita do maybe this week I'll try the water and the b . So disapointed after every weigh in , but will try these tips this week , if I loose a lb a week I'll be 4 st lighter for xmas .5 behind schedule . Thanks for your help

just perservere, it will be worth it, think positive :) hope this week is a better one xxx

Beegee said:
My initial thoughts are - it doesn't sound as though you're eating very much, are you having any syns and it doesn't look as though you're having a third super-free. Despite that, a pound a week is a good steady loss. Don't compare yourself to anyone else and keep at it. Good luck!

What's a third super free

super free are your fruit and veg xx

If you are doing Extra Easy, 1/3 of the food you eat at each meal should be "superfree" - basically veg and fruit, but you can do a search on here for superfree food examples.

So, if you had shepherds pie for lunch, you should have it with some veg, e.g green beans, and the veg should take up 1/3 of your plate. That's my understanding anyway!

You CAN eat as much superfree as you want, but more importantly, you SHOULD eat at least 1/3 of your intake as superfree if you're following Extra Easy. It is really, really important. I slipped up here when I first followed Extra Easy, and gave up on it to go back to Green / Original for a while as I didn't think I could eat that much fruit and veg.
Went back to it and have learnt to include them in meals now. Eg...

Pack of casserole veg and lean stewing meat in the slow cooker for the day makes a delicious casserole for after work.

If I make chilli or spag bol I always include lots of extra mushrooms and peppers and courgettes to bulk it out (makes your extra lean mince go further as well) - and I have less pasta or rice than once would have had.

Stir fry veg pack with lean meat or some fish done in the wok using fry light, soy sauce and spices is delicious with a few fine egg noodles added at the end.

Veggie soups are worth a go - you can cook 4-6 portions at a time and freeze them.

For breakfast in a hurry I boil up a couple of eggs the night before and leave them in their shells. In the morning I put them in a bowl covered in hot water from the kettle while I wait for my tea to brew and have some fruit.

For more ideas of how people do meals that include 1/3 superfree the 'whats for dinner / lunch / breakfast' threads are great sources of inspiration.

Good luck - hope some tweaks to what you're doing help speed things up for you.

I think you would benefit from going to a class. If you've been doing it a month without knowing about the superfree you've not really been doing SW! A consultant could give you all the literature you need and explain the plan properly.

Beegee said:
I think you would benefit from going to a class. If you've been doing it a month without knowing about the superfree you've not really been doing SW! A consultant could give you all the literature you need and explain the plan properly.

I do , that's the sad part , but the whole class is taken up by calling out the losses. Which is ok but don't get much tips the class is really big , I be read the book three times .

maz24 said:
I do , that's the sad part , but the whole class is taken up by calling out the losses. Which is ok but don't get much tips the class is really big , I be read the book three times .

Well the book tells you abou the superfree, it's all the stuff listed in orange.
I think alot of people here weren't big veg eaters but they've learned that to lose weight they have to start trying to incorporate it into meals, if you want to change the way you look and lose weight you need to make changes to the way you eat.
As the saying goes 'if you do what you've always done, you get the same as you always got'.
SW is a healthy eating plan, healthy eating means veg!
There are loads of recipes and ideas for ways to cook veg, how to include it into curries and sauces etc.

For example my hubby won't touch peppers but when I do pizza topped chicken its mostly peppers in the topping but as I blend it he doesn't even know!

Back