hi all- new and kind of confused.

jojo84

I won't bore you all too much but I'll try my best to summarise my weight loss so far and hopefully you'll have suggestions for the next step :)

I joined slimming world last December and weighed in at 15st 3lb. That was the heaviest I'd ever been and I knew something had to be done. I did fairly well and by march/April time I was down to 13st 4. However, my shifts at work changed and I found it hard to get there and I stopped going full stop.
It's now been a good 3 months and while I haven't stuck to the plan I've not gone off the rails either and I've gone on to lose a bit more bringing me to my weight today which is 12st 13lb. I'm chuffed with this obviously but I'm getting irritable as it's obviously very slow loss ( without trying properly I should add) and I just don't feel organised and motivated in my mind.

I don't want to carry on with the sw plan as I feel without the weekly meetings I won't do it properly anyway. I need to follow a plan from home that gives me the 'novelty factor' and the slightly quicker results.
I do when I stick to a plan lose weight quickly. My aim is to get to around 11st. I'm 5'5 and at nearly 13st fit a size 14 so carry my weight ok. I'd look ill at 10st.

What I'd love to do is low carb. I know this will work for me as my gp has suggested it lots ( I have pcos) the little hurdle I have with this idea is the fact I'm a vegetarian. Lol!! I do very very occasionally eat fish but I'm not keen.
I do like the quorn chicken, bacon, burgers and cheese is my downfall in normal diets.
Does anybody know if meat can be substituted for quorn on a low carb plan or is it too high in carbs?
Love salad and vegatables too so know I'll be ok with that side.
I've also purchased the 30 day shred, reviews are amazing. I did it once and ached so much I've not looked at it since!! My partner is away with work for the entire month of august and what i'd really love is to stick to a plan and the DVD and look totally different when I see him again.

Oh my goodness ^ that was my summarised version??!! Haha

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Jo xx

I forgot something else ( yes I can speak for England)

I've been looking into the cabbage soup diet. I know it's a fad and not the healthiest of choices BUT I think it'd be quite a good kick start. Plus any diet after 7 days on the wouldn't seem so bad.
I think I'd really like the soup too :)

Anyone have any experience with this?

Jo xx

lol.. good luck with the cabbage diet, just as well he will be away!!!.. anyway good luck mrs "chatterbox".. and hope you find the right diet for you "and it works".... ill look forward to following your success!! :)
im sam,,, nice to meet you....x

Thank you Sam. At least my autobiography didn't put you off saying hi lol!

Well, I've just been for my last "blowout" and blowout it was. I'm stuffed!
Tomorrow- sainsburys here I come for my cabbage and celery and yes, it's probably a good thing he is going to be away :-/ x

oooo i got some home grown cabbage here hehe. Can I say well done on the weight loss so far :)
Good luck whatever plan you decide to follow :D

Back