Hi all, new to MMs and VLCDing!

lilbit

Helllloooo

I started on a VLCD three days ago, I'm on the Asda Measure Up one if anyone's heard of it! My intention is to move over to Cambridge in a week or so, when I get organised to go and see the local CDC. I spoke to her a few weeks ago, but work got a bit hectic and I had to postpone our meeting.

My flatmate came home with Asda shakes so I decided to start at the same time for companionship. Nice to have someone else to talk to and cross compare notes with!

I have a big journey ahead, I have about 50kgs to lose... well, more really but at this point my entire focus is getting my BMI under 30 for fertility treatment (currently 45!!! eeeeeek!!!).

I also have PCOS and a gall stone so... good times!!

Look forward to chatting with you all, and following along with your progress for added motivation!!

Hello :) not heard of the Asda vlcd! I'm doing slim & save. The shakes are yummy :D I've got a lot to lose as well, but we've got to start somewhere, haven't we? ;) Hope it goes well for you. Keep posting hun :)
Jackie xx

I just had a look at this online and am a bit worried about the amount of carbs / sugar in them. For example, the chocolate pre-prepared shake has 32.2g of carbs in just one portion, the vast majority of which is sugar. VLCDs have a maximum of around 50g of carbs for the whole day in order to put your body into ketosis. I don't think the Asda one is a VLCD but instead a low calorie diet, 2 shakes and a meal. Not a problem - I'm sure you'll still lose weight on it but it won't work in the same way as Cambridge etc.

You're so right Kindles!! I like your motto of just doing 7lbs at a time too, giving yourself regular mini victories!! I've not heard of Slim & Save, will have to Google that one!! Thanks for the msg :)

Arghhhhh!! Weasley, thank you I didn't know that! I looked at the calories, and they each have about 202 calories per shake so just over 600 a day... didn't think to look at the carb count, just that they were protein based - but then stupidly, carbs convert to sugar in the body anyway. To be quite honest I know f all about ketosis, sounds like I have some self-education to do!

I did have a cheeky weigh in this morning and after three days I've lost 7lbs so far. I plan on moving on to CD in about a week, but I hope I am not setting myself back by doing this one first!

No - you won't be setting yourself back. You'll get a bit of weight off first - no bad thing! It does mean you'll have to spend your first week on Cambridge getting into ketosis - but then if you're going to do a VLCD you'll need to do that at somepoint anyway. Just a note though Asda say you should have 2 shakes and a meal - not 3 shakes a day.

Have you considered other VLCDs? There are forums on here for quite a few so you could pop in and see what the differences are. Some are cheaper than Cambridge as you order online and don't see a counsellor (such as Slim and Save and Exante) and some are more expensive as you not only see a counsellor but also get group therapy (such as lighter life).

Thanks Weasey, I've been thinking of your post all day. I'm a total newbie to this, so have spent some time looking through the other forums as you suggested and I'm going to move on to Exante. I'd planned to do Cambridge, but my flatmate is doing it as well and doesn't like the idea of meeting with a coach and I'd rather we did the same one as it will be easier. I'm going to make an order, and start on Wednesday. Thank you for your advice, it's really been an eye opener and very helpful!

You are very welcome! I don't do Exante so I won't see you in the forum but good luck with your journey and if you have general VLCD questions please post them here and I'll be happy to respond. Have fun!

Good luck to you.

Thanks Maggie!

Although I spent all week hungry all of the time, I lost 11lbs in my first week! I'm really excited by that, it was a hard, hard week and I can't wait to switch over to Exante tomorrow.

Good luck on your journey as well Maggie!

hi i am on a low calorie diet ,id say about 800 -1000 a week,i am currently on morhine patches for pain in back, they really have changed my eating habits , i always feel full,so have to keep diary to make sure im eating enough, strange really , i am usually the other way round,,always hungry,, i need to lose 64 lb, a long way to go

Hi fatbody! Are you calorie counting yourself, or doing a VLCD meal replacement? I'm on Exante, and so far I've lost 17lbs in two and a half weeks. Chuffed!!

Sorry to hear about your back pain... I have a bad back as well, so I know how debilitating it can be!!

I have a long way to go too! 100 more lb!!

Good luck on your journey x

I'm 50+lbs down and another 5-7 stomnes to go. Look foward to keeping you company.

Ali

exante

hi,,exante what is this ,sorry to be dumb,is it like reductil tablets ??, i am currently counting calories , having around a 1000 a day,so pleased to have people to chat with ,,when someone else is doing the same and trying to lose weight , it is such an incentive to read everybodies stories,, keep in touch ,, a grateful ,ju,:)

Well done Lilbet! Reply to fatbody - Exante is a competitively priced meal replacement that you can buy online - I have just started and have my first weigh in tomorrow - was doing SW but wasn't helping me with quantity of food you can eat - I eat too much! x

Wow Aligirl, 50lbs so far is amazing! Well done!!! How long have you been going for? I have about the same to lose, 53kgs in total (I've lost 8kg so far), which I think is just over 8 stone... eeek!

Thanks Tibbytoots :)

This is the first time I've managed to lose 5kgs. I'm feeling really positive about this and think I'll manage to get to my goal!

Lilbit,

It astonishes me that I am 3 months on, and have shed nearly 60lbs.

First I am suprised that 3 months is already gone. It seemed so daunting to be committing for 8-9 months when I started.

Second, I am suprised that I havent felt physical hunger. I have a shake or sachet to cook (ommlettes, potato pie, pizza _ so not pizza like! - and others) every 2-4 hours - 5 a day unless extra exercise, with salad at lunchtime and veggies in the evening - so free and some on the 200grammes list.

Third, I have stayed on track - just done what we are told to do, and had great results.

When the next lb goes, I'll be into the 16s...I haven't been there this century.

I didn't really believe it would work when I started - so I know if you follow the programme, and are committed to staying at goal when you get there, you'll do fantastically.

Good luck

Ali

Hi Ali,

WOW!!! 60 lbs in three months is sooooo incredible!! Hugeee congratulations! You must be really really chuffed. How are you feeling physically? Do you notice any change in having more energy, being more mobile etc? I ask, as it seems we started from practically the same place!!

I haven't heard of Alizonne... that sounds like a lot of food!

I'll have a look into that. I'm doing Exante, it's not too bad but I've done just over two weeks on that and I'm already bored... With about another 6-8 months to go I'm thinking I might need to change it up a bit!

Congrats on your loss, really inspiring! I'm hopeful I will be at a similar loss come my three month mark.

Hi lilbit, as well as looking at Alizonne have a look at Slim and Save (there is a forum on Minimins). There is quite a bit of variety on Slim and Save and you can have certain veggies, milk, meals (meal packs and small amounts of certain protein) as well as shakes, soups and bars so there is quite a lot of variety. I've lost 74lbs so far on Slim and Save with 10lbs to go to my initial goal of 6 stone lost.

Good luck! You might even get into ketosis quicker when you start, due to previouly having reduced calories anyway. If people binge on arbs etc just before they start, it makes the first few days much worse for them apparently! all the best x

Back