hi all, newbie starting tomorrow

sumayyah

please try again
hi all my names claire and im joining in on ss tomorrow morning

ive a lot of weight to lose but i need to get my weight down now for the sake of my daughter ( disabled 2 year old )

not made my choice for breakfast yet but have a cupbourd full of stuff, waters ready to go, got 4 weeks worth of blended mush in the freezer for my girl so i dont have to be cooking for her ( shes mainly tube fed so no point cooking her dinner, there would be too much going spare and dont want to be tempted by the left overs )

Hiya Claire and welcome to CD and the forum, whenever you need any support just come on here hun, this diet is hard but if you can get through the first few days it's a breeze xx

Hey Claire, well your certainly organised! Not having to cook and not seeing other ppl chomping into a plateful will make it easier :) Good luck for your first week :D

Good luck Claire. If you stick to it Cambridge really is fantastic, it is tough the first week but if you can get through that you'll be fine. You just have to stay focused and think of all the reasons you wanted to do it in the first place. I had 12.5 stone to lose when i started and now after 19 weeks i've lost almost 8 stone.

Wishing you lots of luck on your journey, come on here if your finding it tough, there's always someone around to give support. :)

Hi Claire and welcome to Minimins :D

The first week is the toughest, but if you can stick with it you'll reap the reward.

We all have good and bad days, so be prepared for them. Just keep drinking lots of water and don't cheat - the weight will fall off you.

thanx for the welcome everyone
ava, thats a great weight loss!, ive 14 stone to lose so thats really encoraging

although i wont have to be cooking, i have to spoon the mush into my child, its doesnt look apatising at all to me but a few days without food who knows, will need every ounce of will power not to test her food

thanx for the welcome everyone
ava, thats a great weight loss!, ive 14 stone to lose so thats really encoraging

although i wont have to be cooking, i have to spoon the mush into my child, its doesnt look apatising at all to me but a few days without food who knows, will need every ounce of will power not to test her food

I know what you mean, i've also got a 2 year old and always used to test his food first before giving it to him to make sure it wasn't too hot(or that's what i told myself anyway;))
Soooo many times at the start i would bring the spoon to my mouth without realising then i would stop and remember that i couldn't have it. You get use to it after a while, it really does become a way of life :)

Welcome to the madness Claire, this is a fabulous place and everyone is really supportive. The weight will melt away and make sure you glug the water.

Georgie
xx

well done some last minute prep. poured the rest of the orange juice in my fridge down the sink so only thing in the fridge is milk for my daughters cereal

and yay i threw out the last of the anti obisity drugs ( they are to regulate hunger, i did tell the doc i dont get hungry due to a medical prob but would she listen? these last 2 weeks ive been ridiculously hungry so am hoping that without them i will revert back to the if i didnt eat all day i wouldnt notice feeling

well got up this morning raring to go and arrrrrrrrrgh i cant even hold down water!

ive ibs and im in a flare up ( thanks to a **** wit ex )
so will keep on with the water only and as soon as i feel i can manage it i will grab my first shake!

what ever happens i AM NOT eating ( no food in the house anyway lol )

well got my meds to stay down so feeling about 90% now so got my shake!
its chocolate mint it mmmm mmmm good!
already had 750 ml of water so think its looking alrite for the moment :)

Hi Claire:)

You sound extremely determined and organised!! As others have said the first week is the hardest, then it just gets easier and easier. I'd never followed a VLCD before and was excited and scared at the prospect of not eating. Lots of things filled my head, would I cope?, would I constantly feel hungry? etc. To my delight I found the whole journey a lot easier than I'd expected:D:D Of course there were days when I wanted to eat (normally if something had upset me as I'm an emotional eater) but I managed to get through them without cheating. Normally I'd hop on Minimins and read the great posts and browse the inspirational gallery.

Good luck for this week, can't wait to hear about your first weigh in!!!

Tracey
xxx

evening all
well coming to the end of my first day, think things are going well
had my first shake about 11.30 am, next one at 4.45pm ( 15 mins before i had to feed my wee girl )
will have my last shake at 8pm to see me through
ive had 4 litres so far, found if i take a couple of sips if i think im hungry it disappears
but is it normal to feel like your on some mad kinda high?
never taken drugs but imagine this is what its like to be on a happy trip

Hi Claire,

I am only a day ahead of you! Started yesterday morning and still feeling OK, didn't think I would but apparently it will get worse before it gets better so that is something to look forward to ;)

Quite excited about it all though :D

your looking forward to feeling worse? lol

No, just trying to convince myself that it will be fine! It will be worth it though I am sure

Hi ladies

It will be worth it, promise! Think of the feeling worse as something you have to go through before you reap the benefits, you will be at the end of week 1 before you know it.

Well done!

Georgie xx

Back