Hi all!

Thanks Lucy. The thing is 6 months ago, I couldn't shop in any normal shops and hadn't done for a long time. So I've been there and know what it's like. But if you stick to this, you will be shopping away before you know it !!!

My weigh in day is Sunday (see Sunday weighers thread !). Hoping for a really good loss tomorrow because I gained last week (the first time in 6 months - was following an amazing gourmet weekend - no regrets at all) but it seems to have stimulated my metabolism...... :)

Gail x

Lucyolivia your job sounds fab!! Did you find it hard getting into? I would love to do something like that!! Do u work full or part time and do they do night shifts?

Hi everyone else your all doing so well :) really inspiring me to stick at it I'm gonn be slim by the summer!! I have 6 stone to lose and lost one so far can't wait to shop anywhere altho might upset the bank balance hehe not fitting in many clothes stops me spending ;) think I would go crazy if I ever got slim hehe

Hi happy27,

Well done on your 1st stone. It feels great doesn't it. No reason why you won't be much slimmer by summer. All those summer clothes - yay !

Good luck.

Gail x

Morning all!!!

Gail, weigh in day, fingers crossed for u Hun, looking forward to hearing your news. Think of all those new clothes awaiting!!! Keeps me going.

Lucy, hope u had a good day. I'm a sw chips fan too and have them at least twice a week with gammon or steak usually. Other night tend to be pasta dishes, casseroles, rice dishes, curries and Spanish omelette and always a roast at weekend. I tend to stay away from sarnies and rolls as they don't fill me up at work and then I pick, always take leftovers into work from night before.

Welcome happy27, nice to hear from u. Congrats so far!! Clothes is such an incentive, I know I'm going to be spending far too much celebrating being a skinny!!!!! Well I can dream!!!

Hope to hear from you all soon
Xx

Morning all!!!

Gail, weigh in day, fingers crossed for u Hun, looking forward to hearing your news. Think of all those new clothes awaiting!!! Keeps me going.

I'm a sw chips fan too and have them at least twice a week with gammon or steak usually. Other night tend to be pasta dishes, casseroles, rice dishes, curries and Spanish omelette and always a roast at weekend. I tend to stay away from sarnies and rolls as they don't fill me up at work and then I pick, always take leftovers into work from night before.

Hi Rach,

Thanks very much. 6lbs off for me today. I am thrilled !!! Only 1lb to go for my 4.5 stone shiny however I have a couple of difficult (ie flexi synned !) weekends coming up so it might be a couple of weeks still but I will keep on plan for the rest of time.

I agree with above - I almost never have sandwiches because it's what goes on them that causes the problem. I take left over food into work or have baked potato, tuna pasta salad (using either v low fat fromage frais or total 0% to bind instead of mayonnaise) etc. It's great, filling and I'm never hungry.

Gail x

Afternoon everyone! Hope you're all having a great day :)

Hi Happy! I applied for my job online, got an email about the interview, went in for it then heard later that day that I had got the job. The head office for the company is up here in Sunderland so it is handy to live close by- but not essential. As long as you can travel in for meetings. I work full time (well, I do 32 contracted hours a week then there is always overtime to do which brings it up to 40) and do it in 4 hour shifts. They are mostly night shifts but I do a couple of day ones. It really is fab. And for me, I find it really handy as it means I'm making all my own meals rather than relying on buying things out which always leads to trouble for me! haha

Gail well done on your loss this week! Wow thats fantastic! You must tell me your secret! hahaha.

Hi Rach :) Hope you are having a good weekend! What meals you been having? I am attempting a recipe for a syn-free pizza (using smash made into a dough for the base) topping with onions, mushrooms, ham and my portion of cheese for the day so I will report back!

Lucy xx

Update: Just having the smash pizza now and its fantastic! I think I over-did the base a bit (the edges have gone hard-oops!) but its a fab alternative to pizza and if you pile the toppings on theres not a lot of difference. I'd recommend it!

Evening. Just a quickie, busy with work last couple of days. Smash pizza sounds intriguing. Is it easy to make? OH was pulling a face when I was Reading it out to him so determined to cook it now just to prove him wrong.

Had spanish omelette tonight!! Stuffed!!!
Bit of a slip up on sat when he came home with a valentines meal to cook, with only a huge new York vanilla cheesecake!! Only my fave. But only had one slice!!!! He's eating the rest lol.

Catch up with u all soon
Xx

Rach - well done on only eating one slice. That's one of the beauties of SW in that you can have stuff like that in moderation and not feel guilty because it's part of your syns.

Hope you had a lovely evening

Thanks for the review of the smash pizza lucyolivia - I haven't tried it yet but maybe I will ?

Gail x

I have been intrigued by Smash pizza for many months now but every time I so much as mention it my boyfriend says something like "No. No way. Ever." and looks like he is about to throw up in a bucket. How... Smashy is it?!

My boyfriend has done us the Slimming World pizza made with wholemeal bread mix before and that was awesome!

Hi all :)

For the smash pizza what I did was, made up the smash with only a little bit of water (was adding it bit by bit till it was like dough). Sprayed my baking tray with fry-light and put on the ball of 'smash dough'. I pressed it out as thin as I could (was about 1/2 cm) and popped it in the oven, wasn't in too long was just keeping an eye on it till the edges turned very slightly brown, then turned it over and popped it in again till that side crisped up aswell, then took it out and put a small amount of tomato puree on, then cheese, ham, mushrooms and onions and back in the oven.

Honestly you would never know the base was smash, didnt taste like it at all, to me, it just tasted like a pizza base, it was a different kind of texture to normal pizza bases but the taste was the same :) Was great for me because I was reeeeally missing pizza!

Hope you're all having a good week so far xx

Hi all I'm currently sitting in work bored and RELLY wanting food!! I'm getting weighed tonight so really don't want to eat I've had my lunch so shoukdnt even be hungry!! I will not give In hehe I'm nervous for weigh in and it's my * week too :(
I did very well yesterday I made a 3 course meal slimming style so proud of myself as normally I would have really indulged and pigged out :)

How many syns Is the smash pizza??
I made a pitta bread pizza used that as the base that's used as a HEB very nice :)

Fingers and toes are crossed for you tonight Hun!!!! Will be logging on later to see how you got on.

Madness at work at the moment so no time to write much!!

Looking forward to hearing from you all though and you progress.

Lucy, am def gonna order smash and try it out. Just to prove himself wrong!! Ha!! Been ok so far this week but nit convinced am gonna lose as one or two slip ups. Gammon, eggs and sw chips tonight. Yum! Will probs do a chilli tom and then have plenty of leftovers.

xxx

Gutted I maintained :( I have been really good this week and also had a bug middle of last week! So didn't warrant staying the same I think it must be cos it's my star week so I'm gonna try extra hard this week to get atleast 3 off next week :)

Can't wait to hear how you all do!!
Wen is your weigh in rach? X

Aw don't worry hun, just think how much you could have put on if you weren't doing slimming world, that's what I always think.

No syns for the smash pizza , just healthy extra for the cheese and everything else is free (I've read on here that tomato puree used to be 1 syn of something but it is now free). Smash is free :)

I did some sit ups the other night (well, can't have been more than 20 haha- my feeble attempt at exercise) and my midriff is in paaain haha, feels like I'm bruised, but I'm told that means its working- hope so! hehe.

Went to a pub quiz tonight and took a packet of snackajacks with me so I wasn't tempted by a pub meal!

Hope you're all well xx

Well done lucyolivia for the snackajacks at the pub. I find that if I can plan ahead and 'avert danger' as much as possible that I feel good and less anxious about things.

Gail x

Ahh yeah, I'm always taking my own snacks everywhere now, took some snackajacks and a tangerine to the cinema tonight hehe.

Well its the weigh in tomorrow, I'm so nervous as I'm really hoping for the 0.5 off for my stone award! I think I may have gone a couple over my syns today so I'm hoping it won't have too much of an effect, argh so angry with myself! I must step it up next week!

Will let you all know :) xxx

Thankyou :D 2 hours till weigh in! Nerves are kicking in, I tell you if nothing else, it certainly gives me a bit of excitement every week haha.
I will be on after to spread the news!

Hope you're all having a good day x

Thinking of you Lucy and dying to know how u get on. I'm not hopeful this week. Had a shocker of a week at work. Not happy!!!
On a positive it's Friday tomorrow!!!
xxx

Back