Hi all!

Good luck for your wwigh in tonight really hope you get your stone award :)
I'm trying to be extra good this week to get my stone award next week just need a pound off!
I'm sure you've done it :)

Wat did you see in the cinema? Anything good? I've not been cinema in ages!!

Hi all!
VERY HAPPY!!! 2.5lbs off this week! So 1 stone 2lbs in total! Over the moon, got my little sticker yay!
I'm getting there, slowly! haha.

Aw Rach hope you have a fab weekend to compensate for a bad week at work!

I saw Sanctum at the cinema, it was pretty good! About a group who go cave-diving and it starts to flood so they need to find a way out. Quite action-packed!

Made the SW swiss roll today, it's half a syn for the whole thing! But if you leave out the baking powder apparently it is no different and syn-free! If anyone fancies the recipe just give me a shout :)

x

Well done honey!!! So so eased for you, u deserve it. And thanks for the message about the weekend. Hope it'll be good but might be home alone, sniff!!!
Swiss roll recipe? Wow, yes please!!!
Sounds yum and free too???? xx

WELL DONE lucyolivia on your loss and your shiny. You must be feeling very proud :)

Gail x

Aw thanks everyone :D I'm very pleased. I'm just hoping I can keep it up at the same rate so I will have made real progress before my hols!

This the swiss roll recipe;

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
4 TBSP SWEETNER (I ADDED LOT MORE LOL)
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK,
BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE.

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT ( I PUT GREASPROOF PAPER IN FIRST THE SPRAY SO DOESNT STICK) POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT
180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL

IN A DISH ADD REMAINING QUARK ,SWEETNER, AND ESSENCE AND MIX TOGETHER.

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT (STRAWBERRY AND BANANA MY FAVE). ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE.

If you miss out the baking powder it is syn-free and I have read from many others that there is no difference :D

xx

Hi everyone!
Hope you're all well. Thought I would check in with my thoughts for the day.
Just reflecting on my award from last night, I lost my half stone before Xmas originally and after I had lost it I went off the rails a bit and put back on, I'm hoping this doesn't happen this time!

I keep getting a bit dejected when I think of how far I have to go. I keep thinking, yes I've lost one but I have another 6/7 to go. I guess I'm just too impatient.

I'm also a bit unsure of where to set my target, I put 100lbs as my target on here but that was just a guess to be honest, not sure what would be best for my height. I know I'd like to be a size 10/12 eventually, not sure if that is aiming too high.

Had some free low-fat Supernoodles for lunch, (chilli chicken flavour) they are quite nice and spicy too.

So yes, thought I'd pop on and leave my thoughts for the day with some people who will understand where I'm coming from!

xxx

Evening Lucy!

I know what u mean, u get such a buzz from losing the weight, but then when u think what's still to come, it's very daunting. We'll get there tho Hun!!!! I've done the same, lost the weight and then become blasé about it and put it all back on. Just fed up with not doing stuff because I'm big and feeling so damn self conscious all the time. I love clothes, bit want to wear colours and not hide in big and black all the time, or worry about sitting down at work and show all my rolls!!! This will be our year. It's a long term thing and we just have to remember that!

I dunno how much to lose either. 15 and a half stone at the mo, and like you, would just love to be a size 12. But never have been and not sure what weight I need to be to get to that.

On a brighter note, doing the sw diner kebab tom night as it had rave reviews on the recipes forum. Will let u know how I get on. Home alone this weekend so hope I don't get bored and then eat!!! Gonna sort thru clothes for hols so that should keep me busy

Weigh in tom. Hope I get 1.5 to get my stone. Not sure how I feel, clothes def looser but not been 100% all week, so just hoping for the best. Rambling now!! Sorry!!!

Have a good evening xx

Hi Rach!

It's so great to be able to chat to people who know exactly what you're going through- makes you feel like you're not in it alone :D

Aw good luck for your weigh-in tomorrow I am sure you will have a fab result and I have my fingers crossed for your stone award!!

I feel exactly the same, I am dying to be let loose on those clothes shops haha! (Although I fear my poor bank balance will suffer for it!)

Ah yes I tried the kebab last week, it was very tasty however I dont think I added enough spices for me and also I couldn't quite get the hang of slicing it thin enough, but I will try again!
There is a recipe on the forum for kebab shop chilli sauce too which I will definately try next time I do mine! Yum!

I do love the variety of food I can have on this plan, for me the problem is eating out because I loooove to eat out with my friends and my boyfriend, its not just the food its a social thing too (but don't get me wrong, I do LOOOOVE the food hehe) So I'm just trying to make much better choices when I do eat out and trying not to do it so often!

On a positive note, I do feel so much more motivated since Xmas this year (think due to my hols coming up and the small dress I bought- gonna try and pop a pic of it on here soon!) so I am hoping I can keep in this frame of mind.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the kebab! xxxx

Thanks Lucy. It does keep u going, knowing that there are others who completely understand u and what u are going through!!!

I have the same prob as u. I just love food too much!!! And I agree, it is the social thing too. It's just being sensible tho, and as jamie says, u have to live and can't deny urself all the time. If you do, then u don't stick at it.

Dying to see ur dress. Put a pic on soon!!! Not sure whether am brave enough to put a pic on yet lol

Might put a bit extra spice in the kebab, I love spicy food. That's a lie. I love all food lol!!!!!

Going to cook tea now. Steak and chips and veg.
have a great evening!!
xx

Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a very happy bunny!! Weigh in and lost 2.5lbs!!!! Yippee!!! Not sure how, but am not knocking it and my couple of non 100% days dont seem to have hurt the loss. Just gonna keep doing what I'm doing and when the weight loss slow.....then I can address it!

I must have been eating sooooo badly beforehand!

1stone 1lb off in 6 weeks.......whoo Hoo :D

Going to celebrate with bacon eggs and beans for brekkie!!

Speak later
xxx

Aw fab Rach!!!! Well done hun, thats fanastic! :D
I'm trying to make my meal plan for the day.
I'm thinking about attempting to make meatballs from 1-syn sausages. I will let you know how it goes!

Will take a pic of the dress this afternoon and figure out how to put it on :D

What I've found in the past is, if you stick to the plan most of the time, you won't go far wrong :) Means a treat every so often is definately on the cards!

Have a great day xxxxx

Thanks Lucy. Am thrilled!!

Just wish OH was here to celebrate! :cry:

Will logon later to see if you've managed to put the piccie on and am interested to hear about the meatballs, sound yummy!

x

dress2.jpg

Thats the dress! Woo :D It's a size 14 but from H&M so it's quite small, more like a 12 I'd say. I'd like to get into it for my holiday but think that may be a little unrealistic but let's see!

Just had the meatballs and it was really nice and filling. This is how I made it;

Ingriedients;
4 Tesco Lighter Choices Cumberland sausages (reeeally nice and only 1 syn each!)
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
Tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tsp Dijon mustard (1/2 syn)
Garlic granuales/powder
Onion granuales/powder
Chilli Powder
Sweetener
Pasta
Red Chilli
Salt
Pepper
Mixed dried herbs

To make the sauce I fried the chopped garlic onion and chilli untill it was softened. Added the chopped tomatoes, 1tbsp sweetener, dried herbs, salt, pepper, a bit of chilli powder and left to simmer for a while.

To make the meatballs I took the sausages out of their skins and mixed with the tsp of mustard, salt, pepper, garlic and onion granules and some dried herbs. Shaped into small balls and fried in frylight till cooked.

Before I served the sauce I blitzed it in the food processor for a while so it was quite smooth.

Serve with pasta and maybe some cheese on top! Also any meatballs leftover will be nice in a sandwich the next day :D

Hope you've had a good day! xxx

Hi Lucy......

I just love the dress. What an incentive!!! of course you will get there - just a matter of time huh! Thinking I might have to go and do the same!!!

Fitting into a 16 top now, which is good.....although they are a bit snug - I am still in them!!!

My cousin is getting married in August in a Castle somewhere north of Newcastle.......no idea where. And so would love to be able to fit into a dress by then......poss even a size 12! We'll see!

Have a good day honey!
x

Wow I love that dress!! That's a great incentive to fit into it! Just think how you would feel and how lovely you would look :)

Back