Hi all

davina72

NEED HELP PLZ

1* Dont understand what i am looking for on food products fat or saturates and how much a day i can have?
2 * What food can i use? maybe a list of foods plz

3* Any diets ideals

Thank you all for support just new to all this:)

Please read the sticky information at the start of this thread. It will show exactly what you should be looking for.

You can eat any foods that are within the Xenical rules, no more 5g's per 100grams...then no more than 15g's per meal.. :)

This a simple diet really, no weighing involved, no special food just watch the fat, eat normally making adaptions to fit the rules.

Good luck!

A low fat, well balanced diet.

morning

So only have 15kg of fat per meal hun? feel supid not understanding it where wud i get helpto find foods or meals i can eat as i wont start tablet till i know many thanks x:):hug99:

On the back of food packets . Look at the grams of fat per 100g not portion grams.
Ensure each meal only has 15 g of fat in it and you'll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh and ideally eat fresh foods. You get more food for your grams of fat . Ready meals and processed foods always contain more fat.
Start using my fitness pal and use the diary on there . It automatically adds up calories and fat for you

First you need to look at grams per 100g, you need to make sure that everything you're putting into a meal and you're eating is 5grams or below... then make sure that whatever you're having is 15grams or below for each meal.. you just have to add the numbers up, in your head, paper or use my fitness pal

Look at the labels below, if you look for the FAT in the column then go across to the 'per 100grams' column, follow it and you will see it's 9.6g's per 100grams, this is not allowed.

url

This is the important column that you need to look for, have a look in your cupboards and take a look and see what you've got :)

bec

So only have 15kg of fat per meal hun? feel supid not understanding it where wud i get helpto find foods or meals i can eat as i wont start tablet till i know many thanks x:):hug99:

I'm a couple of weeks in and checking the food packets before putting them in my basket is now automatic. I've not found a definitive list of what you can/can't have but My Fitness Pal is really good as you can look something up that you're thinking of to see roughly what the nutritional content will be.

Have a read through the posts on the forum and a look at your shelves at home and good luck.

many thanks all i am on my first week i tell how it goes at end of week maybe i need sum help but thanks all x

If you need help or advice, then please ask..we're all here to help :)

yes i am taking Xenical and i am sorry not understanding this i been having 5grams for each meal not 15 so maybe i need more other thing was do u recipes for meals plz again sorry xx:eek:

It's ok hun, I was just having trouble understanding :)

Ok, you need to look at the food you're eating and check the amount of fat per 100grams, you need to check this first, it has to be 5grams or under...then you make sure you're meals have no more than 15grams of fat per meal..

If you take a look further up, you'll see I added a chart, take a look at that so you know what to look for.

There are no recipes etc hun, because this isn't like weight watchers etc, you just eat as you normally would, but with lower fat alternatives, you can still eat toast, adapted roast dinners, spag bol etc, you just need to check the lables on your food for the levels of fat.

www.myfitnesspal.com may help you ;)

Hi I make spag Bol for 2 adults and 2 kids with 250g extra lean beef mince, oxo cube, onions, 2x tinned chopped tomatoes, tsp sugar, herbs, mushrooms.. No extra oil at all.. I have It with 75g spaghetti dried (170g cooked) my fitness pal said 214 cals 13.4g fat in a portion.. As I added the recipe in to the app.. App is free for iPhone

Same mix add red kidney beans.. Chilli etc

Why on earth do you put the sugar in?

I put the sugar in to combat the acid in the tomatoes, it makes it taste nicer too :) they do much the same with commercial tomato sauces too. I put 1tsp per tin tomatoes.. Not that much :)

I wouldn't have sugar in my spag bol lol! I wonder what Gordon Ramsay would say about that lol! ;) The onions have a natural sweetness to them, I'd day that would do the trick, or a squidge of tom puree too :)

If you're really stuck with things to cook (which you shouldn't be, just cook what you'd always eat with lower fat alternatives) then myabe check out the weight watchers and slimming world sections for recipe ideas :)

thanks for all replys really enjoying my new start to life with dieting and making friends ohh can i allow to have a drink? i use drink wine maybe wine and soda not sure?

Back