hi all

chambles

hope you are all still doing ok i have had two weeks off of cd and have followed low gi which has been excellent now i am back on cd to get rid off this last stone, :D:cool:

Welcome back and good luck for the last stone! xx

What is low GI?

And also what is AAM?

Sorry to bother everyone, just interested.

Low GI: Diet that is low on the Glycemic index reducing carb cravings and hunger between meals (hopefully!)

AAM: Cambridge used to be that you had 4 weeks of Sole Source and then an Add A Meal week. It basically was a small protein and veg meal. Now you can Sole Source for 12 weeks and go up to 810 cals for one week, then continue on Sole Source if you want..

Chambles, great to see you back !X

hope you are all still doing ok i have had two weeks off of cd and have followed low gi which has been excellent now i am back on cd to get rid off this last stone, :D:cool:

How did you find the low GI plan? I've just started following a GI plan today after coming off CD (sooner than planned, I was going to follow the steps to maintenance but I just couldn't stick with the food plans, it's either NO food or ALL food!!)

Did you get hungry on GI? As far as I can tell there's A LOT of food on my plan, so technically I shouldn't get hungry, but I don't know if I'm going to still crave junk food!!

if all else fails I'll be back on CD :D I'm just going to be careful for a month or so, if I'm still losing I'll be happy but if I start putting on again then I'll be straight back on CD before it becomes a problem!!

I miss cranberry bars already :(

i bought the GI Basics by Helen Foster its very good
starting cd full time today is out of the window had a shake for breakfast then i was going to have one for lunch but instead just had a wholemeal wrap with ham and cucumber followed by an apple which you can have on low GI

Back