Hi and..gulp...help!

k-nine

Hi everyone. Have been lurking for a few days and feeling inspired and scared in equal measures. I'm going to see my CDC tomorrow morning and then off I go.

I am 48, put a stone on with each of my two pregnancies (I had twins when I was 42) and I just can't get it off. I have never done anything quite this drastic before & I'm pretty scared of failing this time. I tried a low carb diet for about 5 days and couldn't handle the headaches (or the bacon for breakfast!) so would be interested to know how to deal with them. Are you allowed to take tablets?

I already drink loads of water, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, looking forward to chatting with you in the future.

Hi k-nine

Welcome to Minimins and good luck with CD! The diet may sound drastic but once you get started it doesn't feel drastic it just feels great :)

I haven't needed any headache tablets (yet) but if I understand correctly it's fine to take plain paracetomol.

You sound like you'll be fine. One of the most important things is the water and if you already drink plenty then you're halfway there!

Keep posting and reading here, it really does help, especially in the first few days. You'll be amazed at the amount of support you receive here. I don't think I could do CD without Minimins!

Best of luck

good luck k-nine, this is the end of my first week on cd and it really isn't as bad as you think once you've got your head round it. you can take pain relief if really needed but the water thing is the most important as it's usually dehydration that causes headaches in the first place so be prepared to drink a lake !!!
If your mind starts to wander just log on here , the slide show is a real good motivator !!!:)

Hi K-nine, I'm now on (counting on fingers) day 12 of cd, and never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I'd get this far!

I've tried slimming world (lost 1lb in the first week), weight watchers (lost nothing) so in desperation to lose weight for my wedding I found cd. I lost 8lbs in my first week, and the scales this week are definitely showing a loss.

The first 2 days were pretty hard, day 2 I had a pounding headache, but I just took a painkiller and drank more water, day 3 I woke up full of energy and feeling great, and have done ever since.

As clairejak says once you get your head around it you'll be fine, just use tunnel vision and focus on your goal - a new slimmer you!

I've come to the conclusion that CD brainwashes you in some was haha as I've just made my daughter a bacon sandwich and not even felt tempted to have a little nibble :D

Let us know how you get on, I look forward to hearing about your amazing weight losses!

HI K9

Good luck for your new journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did get a few headaches, I nipped them in the bud with ibuprofen, before they took hold... so they werent a problem. I think one day i had teh flu symptoms, aching all over... but that went within 24 hours too.... than it was all a high!!!!!!!!!!!

love Nas x

Hi K-nine, i felt exactly the same as you last week. Thought OMG how am i going to manage not eating - how will i cope?! But i'm now on day 7 and still going strong. I only had a couple of minor headaches, but as soon as i felt one coming i had a pill and drank a couple of glasses of water and they went straight away. I have to admit that on day 3 i felt very lethargic, a little bit achey like i was coming down with flu, but once again loads of water and 24 hours later i was on a high. After day 3 i felt really good. I don't feel hungry and have bags of energy!
You need to go into it feeling positive. Take each day at a time and when you feel hungry drink some water, it does help. Tell yourself that its only a few days of feeling hungry and a bit tired, once you've got through that you'll feel great!!!
Sending lots of positive vibes your way.
*hugs*

Hi K-Nine!

Welcome on board!

I think everyone has already covered it really!! I had a headache on day 3, but other than that, no problems at all!
Yes, this is a severe diet, but it makes you look at what you eat and why, you will begin to notice that everything you do has been centred around eating.
All I can add, is to keep drinking the water, as it really helps - not only with taking away hunger, but keeps your skin looking great and also helps to keep you regular!!!

Come on here for advice, support and any questions that you may have - everyone on here is brilliant.

Good Luck on your journey and I look forward to reading more threads from you.

Kerry-Ann

x

Hello K-nine!

Welcome to Mims ... this is the best place ever for support & encouragment. Do post often :D it's great to hear how everyone else is getting on and don't be afraid to ask questions however big or small your think they are!! Best of luck on your journey - stick with Mims and you'll be fine ;)

x

hi i am starting it on wednesday.. i am to very nervous.. please keep posting on here, theres so much support... i cant wait till next week..

we can do this :D

Back