Hi Calorie Counters

Lil K

Addicted to Minimins
Hello

Just thought I'd drop a quick line to say hello and introduce myself.

I've been overweight for the most part of my adult life, and last year I took the bull by the horns and joined CD. I lost around 3 and half stone and have kept 3 stone of it off. I finished CD at the end of Feb 08 as I just couldn't face another shake and have been pretty much maintaining ever since. However I never reached my personal goal weight of 147lbs, and always felt like there was unfinished business.

I now want to give it one last push to get the remainder off.

I'm aiming to lose a pound a week and getting to goal by Easter would coincide quite nicely with my hols. I'm planning to do this by calorie counting - I'm thinking 1400 a day, and exercising, but will review this according to my weigh in results.

I've taken delivery of two new DVD's today - Coleen Nolans Disco Burn, and Davina McCalls Superbody Workout. I'm quite a fan of Davina's DVD's so look forward to trying this one out. Might have to work up to this one though as I'm hanging onto the end of flu that I caught just after Christmas :sick:

I've been around the boards for a while and know that the CC board tends to be a bit quiet, but hopefully with the 'New Year New Start' motivation it should get a bit busier.

Hope to chat with you all on the threads x

I can be loud too! I am cal counting, it gives me the flexibility I need. If I want a crunchie or a glass of wine I can count it in. Here goes.....

Dont worry about your carb intake too much, just make sure that you wholegrain versions of bread/rice etc. Although it is good to keep to keep track of how much you are consuming as alot of people eat tooo much carbs, but dont get to obsessive with it.

i used to go with periods of cutting out carbs complelty, then cutting down to 75grams a day; i did lose weight, but i cant do without carbs in my diet completley, so as soon as i started eating them again i put on weight. ive just learnt now, not to over do it.

hello!! *waves*

I did CD too... i started at 12 stone 5 and lost a stone within 2 weeks... but as soon as i got off the diet (as i was moving out and starting uni etc) i put it all back on +1lb!!! lol. sounds so dramatic.

I have decided I cannot afford CD or WW or LL so calorie counting it is for me!
Congrats on the maintaining!

xx

Thanks for your replies everyone - how's it going today?

I've done ok so far. I'm stuck at home at the moment still recovering from flu I picked up over Xmas. I'm thinking I'm in the best place today, what with the snow on the ground :gen125:.

Bit frustrated that I can't exercise at the moment as I'm still not well - just going to have to hold out on trying my new exercise DVD's.....I'm hoping I'll be up to it at the weekend :(

welcome sara, i spend way to much time here, however its nice to see ppl posting here! b4 xmas ppl had got busy and i would check every night and there would be no new posts :( but now i have checked loads of times so its great to see so many ppl joining us!!!!!!!!! woop

]

I can be loud too! I am cal counting, it gives me the flexibility I need. If I want a crunchie or a glass of wine I can count it in. Here goes.....

I'm with you on that one Barb - I just dont like the restrictions that other diet plans place on me

hello!! *waves*

I did CD too... i started at 12 stone 5 and lost a stone within 2 weeks... but as soon as i got off the diet (as i was moving out and starting uni etc) i put it all back on +1lb!!! lol. sounds so dramatic.

I have decided I cannot afford CD or WW or LL so calorie counting it is for me!
Congrats on the maintaining!

xx

.....I think more and more people may turn to calorie counting, what with the 'credit crunch' as there's no membership and weekly fees to pay. Good luck with your weight loss, you've shown you can do this before, so you can do it again!

Hello :)

I'm re-starting calorie counting (if thats the right way to put it). I CC'd this time last year, lost 7lbs in 4 weeks which was nice, then kept it off for a month but uni's dissertation and exams (plus laziness) stuck it all back on again gradually. So not sure whether this is a re-start, or a continuation... :D

Who cares? So long as I start counting and it comes off eh? Hehe

Would wish you luck but you don't need it ;)

xx

Hi Sara......Good luck with your continuation ;). I always used to think that losing the weight was the hardest part, but believe me - maintaining is so much harder. I read somewhere that its a case of 'running just to stand still' in that you have to carry on doing what you did to lose the weight, but you do not have the reward of seeing the scales going down..... so so true :eek: - of course you do have a slimmer body and that helps to 'sweeten the pill' somewhat :p

Now I've just got to concentrate on getting off those last few stubborn pounds - so little to lose, but often the hardest :mad:

I am calorie counting with RC so also following the less than 5% fat rule too and loving it so far. I love the flexibility it offers and although I enjoyed SW this plan suits me far more. Good luck in your 1lb a week loss a week, I am sure you can do that

Calorie Counting

I dont believe counting calories is the answer because if you aim to put less calories in your body, and do so then your body will become used to less calories going in, so therefore the bodies calorie burning engine (metabolism) will slow down as there will be less calories to burn though.

I dont believe counting calories is the answer because if you aim to put less calories in your body, and do so then your body will become used to less calories going in, so therefore the bodies calorie burning engine (metabolism) will slow down as there will be less calories to burn though.

Yes, but the amount of calories that you take in will still be less, so you will still lose weight and your metabolism will speed up again when you go back to maintenance calories :cool:

BTW, I've removed the links in your signature as it's against the rules to spam on here :cool:

hows it going? I'm also calorie counting, hoping to loose 2 stone.
I aiming towards 1200 calories a day as my daily need is 1826

Hi there

I have previously done CD, then messed about on WW and SW, but am now calorie counting due to lack of funds!!

I am also counting fat and sat fat grams at the same time, and I am using a weekly count, rather than daily, so I can add a few treats in here and there ;0)

Good luck everyone, here's to a much slimmer 2009.

Theresa x

Back