Hi Calorie Counters

food focus lets you work out your average cals per day over a week, might be a good tool for you... are u using a tracker at the moment?

Hi Theresa and Sara, welcome to the gang!

Sara, I'm in Newport, although spent a large chunk of my life in Cardiff! I still miss it :(

As a few have already said, Food Focus is ace for all your dieting needs, lol :p (we're not on comission by the way, although we'd be making a fortune if we were!)

Good luck :D

Hi all been cc ing for about 9 months now more for maintainance than weight loss .I use food focus it is a brill site and free what more can a girl ask for .

I did CD to get most of my weight off but find cc easy and as already said if I wish to give myself a treat I can good luck everyone have a good dieting new year

I dont believe counting calories is the answer because if you aim to put less calories in your body, and do so then your body will become used to less calories going in, so therefore the bodies calorie burning engine (metabolism) will slow down as there will be less calories to burn though.

Isn't any kind of diet aiming to put less calories in your body?

Your metabolism only slows down if you consume less calories than you need. The average adult woman needs around a minimum of 1200 calories to survive without any damage to organs, etc.

Most people who calorie count consume around 1500, which is plenty.

Your metabolism can become used to your intake, but this doesn't mean you need to eat more; it merely means you need to vary the amount you eat.

For example, one day I might have 1500, the next 1700, the day after 1400, etc.

^ totally true, how else are you meant to loose weight other than my moderating the amount of calories you consume? yes theres lots of different diets with different rules but ultimately that is what you are doing. -_-

Isn't any kind of diet aiming to put less calories in your body?

Your metabolism only slows down if you consume less calories than you need. The average adult woman needs around a minimum of 1200 calories to survive without any damage to organs, etc.

Most people who calorie count consume around 1500, which is plenty.

Your metabolism can become used to your intake, but this doesn't mean you need to eat more; it merely means you need to vary the amount you eat.

For example, one day I might have 1500, the next 1700, the day after 1400, etc.

^ totally true, how else are you meant to loose weight other than my moderating the amount of calories you consume? yes theres lots of different diets with different rules but ultimately that is what you are doing. -_-

I think the poster 'Fit Helper' was posting this and other posts around the board in order to get a reaction. They had put a couple of links under their posts to a fee paying website wher they had all the 'answers' to weight loss. Maybe this had something to do with them being banned?

Thats probably just it, and i have so been drawn in to all the **** that those kind of sites say that I lost site of how was the most obvious way to loose flab..
stop eating so bloody much XD

Thats probably just it, and i have so been drawn in to all the **** that those kind of sites say that I lost site of how was the most obvious way to loose flab..
stop eating so bloody much XD

...... so true! :D

Hi all, I am following the CC route as from Monday this week, just to lose a little extra gained over Christmas. Because of health issues and because of my BMI I don't want to go back down the CD route, so just want to lose a little gradually.

Can anyone recommend a good calorie counting guide, either paperback or online (which doesn't need paying subscriptions lol)

Even though I started on Monday, I am going to weigh in on Friday mornings, so that I can have a little tipple over the weekend and hopefully still lose by the following Friday lol xx

I have a little book that fits in my handbag GI & GL counter dr wynnie chan hamlyn books £3.99 full price but try ebay .It lists loads of different foods and gives GL,GI,energy kcals,energy kj,fat,saturated fats,protien,carbs and fibre and gives the average portion for each food .Lot cheaper than the bible but prob has less food listed but I found most I wanted in it also look up food focus on line its free :D

Thanks mandye hun, I am looking for basic foods, so that I can make up my own recipes, so the online thingy looks good. Thanks again x x

i use food focus, it has been mentioned many times before, find it very simple, has lots of generic meals and foods, but if you cook yourself you can also store your own meals, i find it useful, and is free!

Hi Kirsten

Hope you are getting on ok, I took your advice to try CCing and have done it really successfully all week and quite happy to carry on with this. I'm watching my carb intake too (not going low just watching it's not too high) and keeping an eye on the carbs keeps my calories down too, I guess most of my snacking came from cereal, biscuits etc. first weekend on CCing coming up now though so I'm hoping that goes ok.

How's the Colleen Nolan dvd, I don't usually do exercise dvd's but i really fancied trying that one

Hi Dawn

Glad you decided to give the CC'ing a try and you're getting on OK with it. Hopefully the freedom that CC'ing brings should help you through the weekend. It's a good thing to watch the carb intake as well, as I tend to find an overload of them will give me a temporary gain (even if I haven't overeaten on the cal front).

In answer to your question I've had a go at the Colleen Nolan DVD. It's so much fun! The moves and routine are not that difficult once you get going as they are quite repetitive, and they seem quite easy. Don't be fooled though as you work up quite a sweat. A word of warning though....the instructor is as camp as a row of tents and I found myself laughing out loud at him quite a lot :8855:...still, it makes things go quicker. Oh, and I totally loved the disco music (felt like I was having a boogy in the disco :p ) and it certainly encouraged me to give it a bit more energy.

Well I've been having a bit of an up and down week (eating and mood wise) - but am still maintaining my weight, so can't complain too much on that front.

Supposed to be going out for a meal tonight with hubby, but I'm so exhausted that I'm not sure I want too. Dunno what's up with me passing up a meal out :eek: Might see if I can have a snooze this afternoon and see how I feel later :p

Take care and speak soon

Kirsten x

Ooh the Colleen Nolan dvd sounds fun, I think I'll definitely give it a go.

Hope you're feeling a bit better and managed to get out for your meal.

today's gone really well for me CC wise, I went about 30 cals over my limit but all the other days I've been around 100 under. Tomorrow's going to be a struggle though, we are off to Blackpool and Starbucks is a must, I've researched calories and carbs though so I know what I'm going to choose, but then when we get home we are having a chinese so that's going to be very difficult, chicken chow mein I think is probably my best option, it's just a shame Monday morning is my weigh in day!

so far this week I've only lost 1lb but that's ok as that was my goal, just hope tomorrow doesn't wreck it

Hope everyone else CCing is having a good weekend

Back