hi everyone :) ur support would be greatly appreciated

Hi there
I am turning 30 in 3 months and don't want to hide away in my 30's like I have in my 20's. I have decided to get my life in order and under control. I have around 7 stone to lose. I have only ever gained weight I have never successfully dieted. I think this is simply because I see food as my friend, I know what I should eat I just don't-what is wrong with me?
My plan is to move more-I live a very lazy lifestyle working at a computer and barely walking anywhere....gosh writing it down makes me see I am so lazy & greedy :(
When I read stories of people who are fighting huge battles with their health as a result of their weight I feel so guilty-I feel so sorry for them and understand how hard it is but surely I am just heading that way and not doing anything about it??
I am going to join slimming world online, I have bought a wii fit and actifry-by my birthday I hope to have shifted the 1st 2stone.
I hope I can offer support to others on here.
Good luck everyone xxx

You have come to minimins with a great attitude and it's a huge step to be aware of the problem of being overweight and with eating just to eat. I am that way a lot -- I stress eat whenever I have a lot going on in my life and that has caused me to gain weight as I have approached my wedding day!

Minimins is a really positive and supportive community. I have found so much motivation here and I hope you and I can both be people who are able to share our endeavors and successes here.

You have the right attitude--support and be supported! Ask any questions on the forums and I know people will give you their advice and share with you their experiences.

Good luck with the weight loss -- you can do it! :welcome:

Thank u both so much! I amjust learning how to navigate around this site, I will certainly update u on how I am doing!!
First dilema of the day-my mum sent me a HUGE amount of chocolates & biscuits for Christmas....what shall I do with it all?? I feel guilty about giving it away as I know she saves up for ages to send us all our choccy hampers :(
Xx

Well do you really want to fall at the first hurdle!

you could give it to a friend or good neighbour, but get it out of the house x

you don't want to eat it!

Lisa

Back