Hi everyone

Welcome back we are all here to support you.

I was once offered a testosterone inplant, I asked what if I get back reaction and get moody and tearful, I was told well basically you will be stuck with it for 3 months and it will wear off we cannot take it out again.

I decided not to have it.

At least if something is weekly or monthly you can stop if it doesn't agree.

Anyways you are feeling better now which is great and I am so pleased to see you posting again.

Linda

Great to see you back RD what an ordeal im back to see my cdc today after 2 weeks of messing about with the diet good luck hun xxxxx

Hi RD,

I am more of a lurker than a poster, but often read your diary and am pleased to see you back too!

I was very interested to hear about the injection. I was on it for 2 years after my youngest was born and I did put on a lot of weight, but I never made the connection between the weight and the jab - just thought I was a pig!! I have been off it for ages now tho', and the weight is hard to shift, but that's another story!

I wanted to let you know that I am currently doing a TESOL course. I am doing the Cambridge University Celta course part-time, as I have kids to look after and can't manage to do studying full time.

You said 'intensive' and it IS, even part-time. Apparently if you do it full time it practically takes over your life for the duration. It's the preparation for teaching practice that I find so time consuming, although if you have taught before (which I haven't) it might not be so bad.

Which course are you going to be doing? I am happy to chat about it if you'd like, though with all your Uni pressures, it's not your priority now I realise! Anyway, best of luck with everything. :D
SM

hi Debbie
so good to see you back n posting.
what a naff time you've had, have often wondered how you were doing
good luck on the latest bit if your journey
xx

Thanks Pandora
End of day two of my 'run up' to seeing my CDC on Monday and I see it more of a preparation phase (getting my head in the right place).

Today I've had a shake for breakfast, a soup for lunch and for dinner a small pot of low fat cottage cheese and a CD mousse for dessert. I really don't think I can go full SS but am more likely to chip away on 790 so I think this is the route I'll be taking.

Hope you're doing OK on your own journey :)

Just peeping over the parapet to say Hi. I've been in the most dreadful place since Feb 8th when I made the HUGE mistake of having a Depo Provera contraceptive injection. Three months worth of progesterone in one shot has done me no favours ... the side effects were horrendous and included PMS that gave me mood swings that would make the Incredible Hulk look like Mother Theresa and ... worst of all ... I've gained almost 3st in 8 weeks. :cry:

Anyway, I'm on the 'home straits' ... the jab wears of at the end of April and I can feel the effects easing. I've had to face up to the weight gain and get a grip so I'm having another go at Cambridge - starting SSing this morning with some left over packs and have an appointment with my CDC for Monday.

I've also joined a brand spanking new gym (just need to get around to booking my induction - procrastination being my biggest hurdle here!)

So hello to all my friends old and new. Hopefully I'll be posting more frequently: I just didn't want to bore you all with my whinging and my depressed mood.

Hugs :)

NICE TO SEE YOU TO SEE YOU NICE!

We could have been whingy and depressed together. Please don't be a stranger xxxxxx

It's great to see you back Debbie,

D'you know, it was one of your posts on another forum which lead me to Minis originally!

I was surprised about your experience with Depo. I had that for nearly 11 years (!) until early last June when I changed to the Mirena coil thing. Seems ok, I have no idea whether the Depo caused weight gain (I had thought it was me eating too much), but a friend also had bad side effects (thought she was pregnant).

Anyway, glad you are back, good luck with the course.

Hi Debbie - it's good to see you back again. Best of luck with getting back on track, however you play it.

Your Depo experience is appalling.....but doesn't surprise me....

We women are so badly designed...we need an on/off switch and a zip down the front, I think.

x

Sounds like your going great guns!!

I was reading some success stories on the official CD website. A few people on there added a few bits and pieces to SS to make it work for them. One lady added one piece of dark chocolate every evening and some else small amounts of proteinf i think.

My aim is to SS but if i end up having a small bit of ham or chicken i'm going to stop beating myself up for it. 1 it only leads to me eating more because i've convinced myself i've failed and 2 it's still an extremly effective way to lose weight and making it work for you is the way to go in my opinion!!

OK i'm off my soap box now!! LOL Keep going - youre doing great. xx

Hi Debbie - lovely to see you back :)

sorry you've had such a tuff time....sounds awful :(

good luck with the re-start....

love

Debz
xx

Back