Hi everyone.

Hi everyone, i'm new here!

I'm a man in my early 20s, about 5'10 so not too tall, and i've always been big. I'd say the last time (until the last few months) that i knew what weight I was was before going to University and I was about 15 stone.

Anway I went to university at 18 and gained a large amount of weight - our scales at home here didn't go high enough to show it, but eventually after Uni I found out I was between 20 and 21 stone.

So in the last 3 months I've finally recognised the problem and have set myself the initial goal of getting back to 15 stone, then will hopefully look at losing more! I've cut out all junk food, cut down what i'm eating by a big amount and although i've had the odd pint i've barely touched alcohol since (And feel ashamed when i do which is keeping me going) So far i'm down to 16st7lb (I think that's 234lb-ish) so have a way to go. Exercise-wise I haven't been doing as much as I should have - some walks, some on an exercise bike but if i'm being honest not even every day, so that's what i need to work on the most.

Good luck to everyone else and I wish i'd got on here sooner!

Hey Buzz and :welcome: to the forums, you've done an incredible loss already so you should be very proud of yourself! Keep going, you're doing so well! I hope you find us helpful and an inspiration too. Looking forward to chatting soon :) x

Hello and welcome:).well done on your fantastic loss so far.Good luck with the rest of your journey:).x

Hallo there! Welcome to Minimins :D

I graduated in July and have just managed to shift the two stone I put on at university in the last few months. Uni is not a good place for sensible eating >_<

You've lost a fantastic amount of weight so far, so congratulations! Exercise is my bad point too, but do you have a wii or an iphone? I've used the couch to 5k app and although I thought I was going to die the first few times, it got a lot easier after and I guess I could say I enjoyed it. I'm mostly using Wii Fit and The Biggest Loser game for the Wii at the moment but I can definitely say that The Biggest Loser gives you a great workout, I couldn't feel me thighs for a few days after.

Good luck with the rest of your weight loss and I look forward to seeing you around. I mostly hang out in the SW forum but make sure you visit the more chatty areas at the bottom of the forum, they often get missed out!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, I look forward to reading what other people here post as it'll be interesting and I could use all the help i can get.

With regards to the Wii and Iphone i don't have either but am thinking of investing in both at the moment, i'll definitely be giving Wii-Fit a go too - going to nab a go on someone else's as soon as i can!

Thanks again.

hey everyone

trying to get used to this forum , on my second day of cd ss and its not easy, wanted to meet some new friends on the same journey as me and wish you all well - we can do it!! yay determination love it

mandy x

Hi, welcome to the forum. Well done on your losses so far and good luck with the rest of your weight loss.

Hi and :welcome: to the forums! Everyone on here is lovely and there is plenty of support and advice available!
Good luck on your weight loss journey
Sharkbait1983 x

Back