Hi everyone

artcharliy

Hello, my name is Donna, i went to the doctors today and got xenical. Have got the the point where i'm desperate. I found this website a few days ago and saw the threads from people who have done really well with it.
My problem is I can diet, know what to eat etc. But.... somedays i just can't stop myself from bingeing, not the slightest bit hungry, part boredom, part comfort eating, and i think part addiction. I'm fat because i eat to much no other reason.
I thought if i take something that i know will affect me badly if i eat the rubbish then it might keep me going long enough to train myself out of these bad habits. Nearly cried when i was in the doctors, but i feel like if i don't do something now i'm going to eat myself to death.
Anyway, just thought i'd introduce myself, i'm going to start the tablets in the morning and i have ti go back to the nurse in a month to get weighed and get another prescription.

The hardest part is admitting you have a food problem, whether you're comfort eating or just eating for the sake of it, which is what I used to amongst other things..finding a way to break that pattern is crucial really..I do highly recommend the Beck Diet Solution, it's a book that works with any diet but it really helps with how you see yourself, and your whole approach to food...it may be worth you checking that out :)

thanks for the reply, i'll have a look at amazon, anything that helps is more than welcome. I'm hoping that the xenical will keep me inline long enough to sort out the issues i've obviously got, so thanks. Love your picture by the way, i'm watching him tonight :)

If you have The Works in your high street they were selling those books in there for around £3 :)

Ahhh yes, my Eric.... mmmmmm :heartpump::heartpump::heartpump::heartpump:

I watched him last night, I'm nearly at the end of series 4 :( I'm dying to get my hands on a Merlottes T shirt...gotta loose some weight first..I'm a proper Trubie :cool:

Me too, didn't know about the t'shirt. An incentive though! i've just finished reading all the books on the kindle, and season 4 was book 3 and my favourite. Just looked up the book so if i can't find it instore i'll get it off amazon for £4, which is nothing if it helps

Great to meet you, you'll be fine if you decide avoiding Mr Tango is important, junk food rapidly goes off the radar!

I read all the books, I've been downloading series 4 from the states, I hate waiting ;)

Things get easier after a few weeks, it almost becomes second nature :)

Hi well first day down, and.................it's not been too bad.
I feel a bit odd really, as though all the pressure is off, because now in my head if it's got more than 5g per 100g of fat, i'm just not allowed it. So it's as though the choice has gone, which is great and i'm going to embrace it for as long as it lasts :)

Today i had

Breakast

2 weetabix with milk and 1teaspoon of sugar

Lunch

6 fish fingers with 2 slices of bread

Dinner

Two pieces of toast with lots of wafer thin chicken slices on it, no spread i like it crunchy.

And as a snack i've had a WW honeycomb caramel thing, that was suprisingly nice.

I've also had copious cups of coffee and some sugar free cordial, but i've allowed for the milk for the day.

Don't know how much fat i've had but i know that none of what i had was above the rules, need to work it out though and i've had 1272 calories which i think is quite good.

I just went to the supermarket as i've been suprised how many things i thought would be o.k aren't. Such as low fat mayonaise, sandwhich spread has nearly 8g of fat per hundred, and laughing cow light cheese.
So went and got the very light cheese, hoping it's edible, i like having it on toast. Got some soups that look o.k, some apples and pears to snack on, and the WW deserts.

Found out i can't have my favourite pasta i cook as the half fat creme fraiche is too high in fat, so the family will have to enjoy by themselves.

All in all it's been a really interesting day, and role on tomorrow!

"Bunny Hops" i download the series aswell, i'm terrible now, don't really watch anything on normal tele i download all the series i like from the states, bit of a tv addict too and very impatient. Although when they finally come on over here i always wish i'd not already seen then lol.

Hi well first day down, and.................it's not been too bad.
I feel a bit odd really, as though all the pressure is off, because now in my head if it's got more than 5g per 100g of fat, i'm just not allowed it. So it's as though the choice has gone, which is great and i'm going to embrace it for as long as it lasts :)

Today i had

Breakast

2 weetabix with milk and 1teaspoon of sugar

Lunch

6 fish fingers with 2 slices of bread

Dinner

Two pieces of toast with lots of wafer thin chicken slices on it, no spread i like it crunchy.

And as a snack i've had a WW honeycomb caramel thing, that was suprisingly nice.

I've also had copious cups of coffee and some sugar free cordial, but i've allowed for the milk for the day.

Don't know how much fat i've had but i know that none of what i had was above the rules, need to work it out though and i've had 1272 calories which i think is quite good.

I just went to the supermarket as i've been suprised how many things i thought would be o.k aren't. Such as low fat mayonaise, sandwhich spread has nearly 8g of fat per hundred, and laughing cow light cheese.
So went and got the very light cheese, hoping it's edible, i like having it on toast. Got some soups that look o.k, some apples and pears to snack on, and the WW deserts.

Found out i can't have my favourite pasta i cook as the half fat creme fraiche is too high in fat, so the family will have to enjoy by themselves.

All in all it's been a really interesting day, and role on tomorrow!

"Bunny Hops" i download the series aswell, i'm terrible now, don't really watch anything on normal tele i download all the series i like from the states, bit of a tv addict too and very impatient. Although when they finally come on over here i always wish i'd not already seen then lol.

If you could go without the sugar on the cereals that would be even better...let me explain ;)...ok sugar is evil lol! The reason is, when you eat sugar inside you go 'oh yay, this is great, I feel full of energy and I love this kick' then very soon after you'll slump and inside you'll be going ' ooh I feel bleurgh, I need more sugar' it's a vicious circle, so it's best to stay away from sugar in this form, have a sweetner, I like Canderel in my tea, I don't have sugar on cereals, It's nice without or you could add a dab of honey for a natural sweetness :)

You can have extra light mayo which tastes exactly the same, that's in the rules. You can have extra light Philiadelphia.

Also you really need to eat more, I know it's only day one, but I'm just trying to give you as much help as I can with your diary :) You'll be surprised how many calories and fat is in the bread you've had, you could have weetabix and a piece of toast for breakfast, then that's it for bread, have a good lunch and a good evening meal..

If you were to continue with what you've ate today, you'd soon start feeling hungry, because it's not enough, then you'd be likely to reach for danger foods.. an example of what I used to eat when I first started...

Breakfast.. weetabix or bran flakes or porridge (porridge is a great food releasing energy slowly) then I'd have a piece of toast with that or a yoghurt and banana

Lunch.. beans on toast, or a chunky veg soup then a green salad with beetroot, spud with beans

Dinner.. spag bol or sweet and sour, rice and veg.
I'd still have fruit and yoghurt throughout the day...seems a lot a first, but it always came in under both fat allowances and cals and I was full :)

Hoya, thanks for the advice. Might have to try the home, don't have sugar in anything else but I've never got out of the habit of having it in weetabix. Might just try cutting it out completely. I'm sure it won't take too long to adjust. I remember giving it up in brews when I was 15 and can't imagine having it now.
How many calories an I supposed to have? I thought 1200 was quite a lot but it's not something the doc mentioned, just the fat.
I definitely need to get better meals in there, it was a case of finding things in the cupboard that fit. Once I start planning should be better. Are there any xenical compatible recipies on here anywhere?

There is some meals in the stick section and you can also check the recipes of the sw and ww section as to can easily adapt them, to be honest though, you can pretty much adapt any meal you would normally eat by going for lower fat alternatives.

1200 cals is the minimum you should have, if you have any less it can make weight loss difficult expecially as to keep loosing weight you may need to tweak your calorific intake by lowering it by 50 every so often, if you start too low , you won't be able to drop down.

You may find My Fitness Pal really useful as it adds everything up for you. www.myfitnesspal.com

Hi I'll definitely look it up. Just spent the last hour reading your diary, it's amazing to see what you've managed to do in a year. I used to think about doing a food replacement but I just know I don't have the willpower not to eat. But you're doing amazingly and are way too hard an yourself.

Quark or total fat free Greek yogurt will do the same thing as creme fraiche in pasta. Both practically fat free and creamy

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Spolly, I do thanks, for now it just feels great, I know there'll be blips along the way but it's nice to feel incontrol, not felt like that for quite a while.
Just read your other post, had to tell hubby, made us laugh, it sounds just like something the two of us would do :)

Back