Hi Everyone!

Jiggerz

Hello all,

Just switching forums, coming back to my old faithful! I did Atkins about 7 years ago and lost almost 6 stone but went and gained it all back when I gave up smoking, doh! I had my gall bladder out 12 days ago and wanted to lose weight quickly before my op, so I went on Lipotrim, which was difficult but fast! My GP took me off that though at the start of this week as I wasn't healing well, so rather than lose heart and give up I thought I'd give Atkins another whack, seeing as I was in ketosis anyway, why ever not!

So, bit of a transition week, having food and the odd cup of tea has really lifted my spirits and I feel heaps better already. I'm looking forward to chatting with you all and getting back into the low carb mindset. I might even find my old low carb recipe book...

Best wishes to you all

Jayne

Hi Jayne
That is amazing weight loss!!!!
How is recovery? This is my first week on atkins and i love, it doesnt fell like a diet at all, it doesnt get any easier than that!!!!!!!
First weigh in tomoz, cant wait!!
Good luck with the switch over, hope its not to hard!
j ;)

Hi Minimemo,

Nice to see someone's friendly around here :)

How are you finding induction then? You sick of eggs yet? Although some people see it as restrictive I think it's a really easy diet to follow and stick to, plus if you have a little blip it's not so devastating and easily recovered, which is a bonus :D Have you weighed in yet? What was your loss?

I'm recovering well thanks, another week off work and then hopefully all back to normal, fingers crossed. I'm also looking forward to getting back to exercise, that really helps, especially with the excess energy being on Atkins gives me. The switch over is going great, but I won't get great first week losses as I already did that on Lipotrim, but last time I averaged around 2lb a week, and I'm more than happy to say goodbye to a stone every couple of months!

Look forward to seeing your loss later :D

Jx

Hi Jayne
Today is my first weigh in day, I've lost 6lb :D
Really chuffed with that, and i dont want to speak to soon but I'm finding this diet really easy!!!! I've not been tempted to snack in between meals and have had no cravings for carbs yet,which is a bonus!!!!
I'm doing this with friend which is a great help as it makes it all the more competative!!!!
I just hope we have more summer to come, as bbq's would make it even easier.
I'm glad youre getting better, I suppose you want to get to work asap to get back to normalitiy, I know thats how I feel, been off awhile now and plan to start back in september. Got a well earned holiday booked first in August to get some sun on my bones and chill with my family!!!

Keep well catch up soon

jenene x

Well done Jenene :clap::clap: 6lb is brilliant! It's also great that you have no cravings, it makes it so much easier. One of the reasons I decided to come back to Atkins was the thought of BBQ, haha, the best part of the diet :D

Wow 4isnotenough, you've lost loads, congratulations :happy096:! How are you finding that last stone?

Jxx

Hi Jayne,
thanks for the words of kinds, yes loving this diet, so far very easy!!
j x

Hi Jayne and welcome back :)

There's lots of helpful stickies - So you're thinking of doing Atkins is a really good one by our guru Jim :)

There's also a low carb shopping list, started by me, so of course it's brilliant :D And check out the Just Recipes thread, there are some genius cooks here :)

Looking forward to hearing how you get on - post your menus so people here can caste their expert eyes over them :)

Back