Hi everyone :)

I thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Amy I've been struggling with my weight all my life unfortunately.
The slimmest I remember being in my adult life is 13st10.
At the moment I'm 20st8lb, I started off taking xenical at 21st11lb and in my first month I successfully lost 1st1lb although I had some nasty side effects >.<
My next weigh in is next Friday and I've only lost 2lb this month :( mainly due to me not taking the xenical for a couple of weeks due to family events and weekends away.
I've started taking it again this week and I'm trying to shift as many pounds as possible before my next drs weigh in! At the moment I'm taking xen combined with calorie counting on mfp and it's going well, plus no side effects this time round!
My goal weight for now is 17 stone, then 15. I'm not quite sure of my utltimate goal yet, I'm hoping as the pounds come off I will find a weight I'm comfortable with :)

Do you guys find you're more motivated with a set goal in mind? X

Weigh in tomorrow, I'm nervous, don't think it will be a big one x

Hi,

I am new here too, happy to 'meet' you. I hope your WI goes well, but try not to be put off if you don't see a loss. I hate weighing so apart from my start weight I am going to avoid the scales and just look out for my non scale victories, most importantly the ones where I can see my clothes getting too big for me. I am in no rush to lose the weight so haven't set a time limit. I have an ultimate goal of 14 stone, but no mini goals because that would mean constant weighing. The reason I am in no rush to lose the weight is because I lost 8 stone about 6 years ago, did it in under a year and just couldn't keep up with the exercise and the constant 'dieting'. Needless to say I soon gave up on both and due to bad health and just not trying I gained back all the weight I lost. So this time I am taking it slow and steady in the hope that I will learn to make it a real lifestyle change. One where I don't get to goal and think YAY I can eat normally again. So that's another reason why I don't want to weigh regularly.

Many years ago I was given xenical to help with my weight loss. I took it for about a week and then decided the side effects weren't worth it. I am glad it has worked for you, but sorry that you too suffer those terrible effects. Now I am just counting calories and doing a tiny bit of exercise when I am up to it. I love MFP because it's a great way to make sure you stay within your calorie allowance and that you are having the rights amount of everything, eg carbs, sodium intake etc.

Anyway good luck with the WI :fingerscrossed:

Hi,

I am new here too, happy to 'meet' you. I hope your WI goes well, but try not to be put off if you don't see a loss. I hate weighing so apart from my start weight I am going to avoid the scales and just look out for my non scale victories, most importantly the ones where I can see my clothes getting too big for me. I am in no rush to lose the weight so haven't set a time limit. I have an ultimate goal of 14 stone, but no mini goals because that would mean constant weighing. The reason I am in no rush to lose the weight is because I lost 8 stone about 6 years ago, did it in under a year and just couldn't keep up with the exercise and the constant 'dieting'. Needless to say I soon gave up on both and due to bad health and just not trying I gained back all the weight I lost. So this time I am taking it slow and steady in the hope that I will learn to make it a real lifestyle change. One where I don't get to goal and think YAY I can eat normally again. So that's another reason why I don't want to weigh regularly.

Many years ago I was given xenical to help with my weight loss. I took it for about a week and then decided the side effects weren't worth it. I am glad it has worked for you, but sorry that you too suffer those terrible effects. Now I am just counting calories and doing a tiny bit of exercise when I am up to it. I love MFP because it's a great way to make sure you stay within your calorie allowance and that you are having the rights amount of everything, eg carbs, sodium intake etc.

Anyway good luck with the WI :fingerscrossed:

Hey thanks for the warm welcome :)
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with xenical. I'm not entirely sure whether its the drug or me when it comes to losing weight this time round, but whatever it is I feel positive.
I agree with not focusing on the scales, after all weight is only a number and its how healthy you look and feel that matters!
My goal right now is to fit back into my size 20 jeans, at the moment my 22's fit perfectly though, I can't wait for them to feel loose!
I usually get to this point in my weight loss journey and give up, but this time I'm determined to push past and hit the 2st lost mark.
Ill keep you updated on my weigh in tomorrow :)

I found it easier setting mini goals then bigger goals, for those of us with more to lose I find it easier that way than the main goal. For health reasons I can not take xenical but fantastic if your not getting the side effects I have heard about. But it can leech things out of your body so you might want to take a vitamin just to top up. My doctor advised that to people on your drug. But it seems like you are already doing really well x

Weighed in this morning at 20st5lb which takes me to a 5lb total loss this week (I usually weigh twice a week to keep me on track) :) yay! Pretty pleased with that, although I did have to work my arse off at the gym yesterday x

Well done on the loss. I don't recommend you weigh twice a week. Your body weight will go up and down on a daily basis so you should keep it to once a week. I understand that you want to keep on track, but weighing yourself twice a week may jeopardise that- however if it works for you.. Go for it! Hehe :)

Rozie x

That's wonderful news about your WI, I am so glad it went well. I am sure you won't give up your weight loss journey now and that you will get into those smaller jeans. You should be so proud of yourself. Once you pass that two stone lost milestone you will feel so good that you will carry on to the next stone and the next stone.

Last edited:
Well done on the loss. I don't recommend you weigh twice a week. Your body weight will go up and down on a daily basis so you should keep it to once a week. I understand that you want to keep on track, but weighing yourself twice a week may jeopardise that- however if it works for you.. Go for it! Hehe :)

Rozie x

thanks hun, weighing in twice a week works for now but I usually only log Thursdays WI. Ill probably switch to once a week once things get settled and the losses start to slow down.
i think the 500cal burnt at the gym yesterday helped a lot :)
I think my next goal is to lose 6lb so I'm under 5st away from my goal
x

I stupidly forgot to grab my lunch as I left for work today so all I've had is some sunbites, and an apple, grr. Going to have some fruit and a bigger portion of dinner when I get home to make up for it x

Weighed in this morning at 20st5lb which takes me to a 5lb total loss this week (I usually weigh twice a week to keep me on track) :) yay! Pretty pleased with that, although I did have to work my arse off at the gym yesterday x
5lbs that's fantastic you are doing really well x

hi amy welll done on your loss

Oops, sorry for the lack of updates, 2lb down this week, probably would of been more if I hadn't of given in to my chocolate cravings at the weekend. Oh well, you live and learn x

Also pleased to see that I'm 4lb away from my first mini goal (to have less that 5st to lose til my ultimate goal) and my bmi is almost under 40 :p two very good reasons to avoid the chocolate this weekend x

Just had my official drs weigh in regarding the xenical - they confirmed what I already knew, 1st8lb down, plus another xenical prescription :D woo

well done amy xxx

Hey guys im back. I've been sticking to things whilst I was away and I can now say I'm 3 stone down.. only 1st13lb til I reach my first mini goal of 17st and a BMI of under 35. I'm pretty excited :D cant wait!

Back