Hi.....expecting too much??

Jellybabie

Silver Member
Hi All
My mum has been doing SW for the past 4 weeks and has only lost 4.5lbs, she has been sticking to the plan religiously and upped her daily exercise. She is dissapointed with the weight loss. Is she expecting too much? Is there anything she can do to boost her weight loss? She never has more than 10syns a day, usually only 5 though.:confused:

Hi Jelly,

Firstly well done to you with your w.loss :D

Regarding your Mum and sw. The expected loss is supposed to be 1-2lb per week and depending on how much you have to lose depends on how quick it comes off especially in the beginning.

I've done sw 3 times now and find I probably lose about the average of 2lbs pw. But I have about 6stone to lose.

There is a thread that I started last week with a similar question as I couldnt remember what the EXPECTED average weekly loss was. I'll go get the link...be right back.

Everyone loses weight at different rates, but I would not be disappointed with your mothers loss. Losing slow and steady is likely to stay off rather than a rapid one. I am averaging a pound a week and as long as its coming off thats fine with me xx

Back