hi from ireland:) need help getting started

breadbin

just seen this forum and decided i may as well register cos i need alot of support. i need to lose 6 stone and struggling so far. weighed myself for the first time in a while only to find it reached 124kg/272lbs while supposedly bmi should be 85kg/187lbs. so i'll be happy with 100kg for a first goal, its a nice round number:) but just can't seem to get started:(

Welcome!
good luck with which ever path you decide to take! =)

Thanks everyone:) fingers crossed it goes well. haven't decided on any particular diet, was hoping to do it with mostly exercise - but i'll cut out the crap too! everytime i try and diet it doesn't end well and i always put extra on so hoping for lifestyle change instead.

oh and lil miss sunshine i'm from dublin but living in the west now:)

how often do ye recommend weighing btw?

Last edited:
Hi breadbin!

Welcome, good luck with your loss.

Weighing - I never weighed myself for about a year because I knew id become focused on numbers not being healthy altogether, so I let the changing shape of my body boost me on instead. Perhaps this might be better for you too since you are looking more for a lifestyle change? Then once you feel like youve changed your body dramatically, jump on those scales?

Best of luck anyway!!

thanks irene, i started already and trying to keep the calories under 2000. hard enough though cos i love picking at the fridge;) 2000 might seem like alot but i don't want to overdo it and relapse down the road

Back