Hi from picky eater newbie!

DaddyJay

Hi all,

A little bit about me... I'm 22 years old, I have 2 children (2 and 6 - the 6yr old not being mine biologically), I am a Healthcare Assistant working in the community with complex care patients and I really want to start eating healthier and lose some weight.

Being 22 years old, 5'4", 140lbs with a BMI of 23.8, you may see me losing should not be a major thing. However, I am a very picky eater. I like all meats, however, when it comes to fruit, all I eat is green seedless grapes, and veg, I eat peas and sweetcorn. I don't eat bread and I don't like salads. My eating mainly consists of frozen foods, or cooking with chicken, mince meat or steak. I rarely eat fresh fish, although I do like tinned tuna chunks. I do tend to eat a lot of junk food which I'm trying to stop, and some days I skip breakfast and lunch due to work.

Anyway, I've got quite a big belly which I cannot seem to get rid of. I try and exercise twice a week by going jogging. I want to eat healthier, partly to help lose the belly fat, partly so I am a better influence on my kids.

Can anyone offer any advice on starting a diet for a picky eater?

Thank you! :D

Hi and welcome. You don't have much to lose. Do you want to count calories or just eat healthily and exercise more. Good luck

Irene xx

Preferably eat healthier and exercise more.

Back