Hi from picky eater newbie!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DaddyJay, 4 August 2010 Social URL.

1. DaddyJay

DaddyJay Member

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(5%)
    Hi all,

A little bit about me... I'm 22 years old, I have 2 children (2 and 6 - the 6yr old not being mine biologically), I am a Healthcare Assistant working in the community with complex care patients and I really want to start eating healthier and lose some weight.

Being 22 years old, 5'4", 140lbs with a BMI of 23.8, you may see me losing should not be a major thing. However, I am a very picky eater. I like all meats, however, when it comes to fruit, all I eat is green seedless grapes, and veg, I eat peas and sweetcorn. I don't eat bread and I don't like salads. My eating mainly consists of frozen foods, or cooking with chicken, mince meat or steak. I rarely eat fresh fish, although I do like tinned tuna chunks. I do tend to eat a lot of junk food which I'm trying to stop, and some days I skip breakfast and lunch due to work.

Anyway, I've got quite a big belly which I cannot seem to get rid of. I try and exercise twice a week by going jogging. I want to eat healthier, partly to help lose the belly fat, partly so I am a better influence on my kids.

Can anyone offer any advice on starting a diet for a picky eater?

Thank you! :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. You don't have much to lose. Do you want to count calories or just eat healthily and exercise more. Good luck

Irene xx

4. DaddyJay

DaddyJay Member

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(5%)
    Preferably eat healthier and exercise more.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.