Hi & help!!!

mutley1964

Hi! My name is Jaki & I signed up for Slimming World on Thursday evening. Have tried other methods but really need something that is more "normal" life rather than counting, weighing & surviving on a pack! Have recently had 2 operations which had me sitting on my back-side for 10+ weeks :( Put a stone on while doing nothing to add to the stuborn one that I never lost! My question is to other SW people. I've had a bit of trouble getting my head round the plan. i think i've got the gist now but wanted to know about quantities. For example, if your having baked beans on a jacket spud, is it ok to have the whole tin or should I be concious of the portion size & maybe only have 1/2 the can? Tha same goes for tuna. Had a lovely tuna & sweetcorn jacket but felt guility at having the whole tin. Also, if your going to make scrambled egg & use a bit of L/fat spread in the saucepan first, would you count that as a syn? Finally, if your making a recipe that says serves 4, should you stick to a 1/4 portion or if you making the meal for 3 people, could you not just "share" the extra portion between the 3 of you? Sounds silly but just want to get it right! Look forward to hearing from anyone who can help me with good eating advice! :)

Hi Jaki,

you only need to measure your healthy extras, all 'free foods' are not measured but you need to eat till your comfortable rather than stuffed. You would count the fats as syns.

Good luck x

Thanks guy's! I made the creamy carbonara last night and have to say a 1/4 portion was more than enough! Shame about the bottle of wine though :( Oh well, today's another day!

whoops re the wine.....but sounds like you are doing everything right. My advice, is eat until you are full up - but not overly full! Eat slower, and this helps you decide on your 'full' level. Also, dont be worried about leaving food - you can have it as leftovers for lunch!

x

Back