Hi, I am sort of new

Tanya81

I. Registered before the hiatus but never really got round to saying hi. I would like to lose 5 stone and have lost 2.5 doing slimming world but can't decide if I should move to calorie counting or weight watchers as I am struggling with Christmas dessert foods at the moment.. Struggling in that I want to scoff the lot

Welcome Tanya81:)

I have moved your thread to the Slimming World forum as it will get more attention here.

You have done very well on Slimming World...if I were that successful on a plan I would be slow to move to another one.
With all the Christmas goodies flooding into the shops it is a difficult time for anyone with a sweet-tooth just now...for me I am off all sugar and this is helping me to stay strong as once I start it is down hill all the way...however it does not stop me going over to the Marks & Spencer's site and drooling at what they have on offer...even though I am not doing Slimming World myself my family are getting into the habit of syning all treats and it is helping them to maintain their weight.

Perhaps some of the more experienced Slimming World members might be able to give you a few tips as I am sure some would of experienced the same thing and got through it without having to give up their treats.

Thanks, it's true but I was thinking that maybe weight watchers would teach me better portion control. The thing is until I started the diet I never had a sweet tooth and I didn't even like chocolate but now chocolate and cake make me feel like an addict..

I am also considering maybe working through my addiction to baked goods with a week on a shake diet. I have a collegue that lost 8 stone and she swears on swopping .i.e. She does a week of slimming world, followed by a week of 5:2 and counts calories for a week etc.. And repeats. She said it stops h from getting bored but I don't know if it would work for me. It is just something I am thinking about. I stopped going to slimming world group a few weeks ago because I was worried about how I was behaving on weigh day. I wouldn't eat anything but go to gym and stressed all day about that scale. I felt it unhealthy but I might go back, still not sure

If it is portion control then Weight Watchers Pro Points would certainly help you to refocus if you weigh your food and eat within your allocated Pro Points...I find it does help me to get back in control and to adjust to proper healthy portion sizes as my portion sizes tend to increase over time as I have two hungry hard working men to feed and their energy needs is totally different to mine.

I have seen lots of members here go from WW to SW and back again and most lightly the change helps them to find out what it is they need and to shake things up a bit...whatever you decide would be better than not eating and going to the gym and stressing about the scales as that is not healthy.

Thanks Mini, It is just this time of year .. Cold, dark and all the shops filled with scrumptious Christmas goodies. I think a saint would be. Tempted but I do think we are sometimes to hard on ourselves and nature probably wants us to conserve our fat reserves and so it's just a little harder this time of year but I know we can do whatever we set our very strong minds to.

What eating programs are you following Mini?

Back