Hi, I got a couple of questions

ally229

Hi there!

My name is Ally and I have recently joined the forums. Having a look round I found the PCOS section! I was finally diagnosed with PCOS, after 4 years of being sent to and from different doctors.

This is the first time I have spoken to anyone other than my doctors about it. I just feel awkward trying to talk about it and so its easier not to. Does anyone elese feelike this?

The other thing I wanted to ask if anyone gets kinda mood swings and if that's associated with the PCOS. What I mean is that sometimes I just get really upset for no reason or a really random reason and was wondering if it was linked to the PCOS.

Thanks for reading X

I suffer from terrible/violent moodswings and for years i kept asking the doctor if it was pcos related and she kept saying i was stressed/depressed which just made matters worse and i thought i was going insane..Thankfully i changed doctors and he really listened to me and told me that it was the hormones causing me to be such a stroppy ***** ( my poor bf lol) and he recommended i either take st johns wart tablets or go on a mild dose of anti-depressants ( i chose the latter) and i feel a million times better - no excessive high or plummenting lows with no ill-effects or groginess...

Hope this helps x

Hiya there,

I have gave birth to my second daughter 5 months ago and I can feel the mood swings coming back. I found when pregnant that the different hormones caused me to feel far different to how I do not pregnant. I hate feeling just to angry for no reason all the time.

Can I ask Hellywoowoo how the anti-depressants have helped you and your mood swings exactly? It's just I feel like I just can't take them...like I'm weak in a way, I don't know I just feel like for me personally there is a stigma, I know this might sound silly, I hope you understand.
Thanksx

i think i do understand where you come from but you seriously have nothing to be ashamed of if you suffer from mood swings. you certainly should not feel you can't go to your dr for help.

in fact your being strong in looking for help. lots of people have this problem

sorry

I found my mood swings pittered out with age lol! Its just the pain i get now - ovulation and womb pain!

Be careful if you take St John Wort and the pill - it reduces the efficiency of the pill x

Dont worry i had that own thought myself it took me a few weeks of having the tablets before i took any - and dont get me wrong im still a bit stroppy but my anger doesnt appear like its been switched on in an instant and things dont bother me so much where as before i was very picky and would twist peoples words into some kind of negative towards myself. Im alot more positive these days and i dont know if its a state of mind or the tablets but either way im glad i take them.... Dont be embarrassed or ashamed to go to your doctors they've seen and heard alot worse im sure xx

Yeah its one of those sneaky little herbal remedies which can have a huge impact - i'm not sure exactly what it does, but i know someone who ended up preggers after taking both!! x

Eeeks! Thats well naughty - i read all the info i got with it today and it doesnt say anywhere that it can reduce the effectiveness of the pill and they certainly didnt say anything in holland and barrett, How very rude! xx

Eeeks! Thats well naughty - i read all the info i got with it today and it doesnt say anywhere that it can reduce the effectiveness of the pill and they certainly didnt say anything in holland and barrett, How very rude! xx

Its scary isn't it that they dont tell you about all of these medicines which can impact! If you Google it, it will explain the ins and outs.

I only found out when one of my mates had an accident!! Not good :eek: xx

i think st john's wort is prescripiton only in ireland because it can interact with other medicines amongst other reasons[they were worried people with depression should really see a dr ]

sorry for barging in

Back