Hi i`m back again lol

Wow Roch 15 pounds is great! Well Done!

You did ask me earlier in the week what kind of losses peeps get in the their first week of following the GI/GL diet and I was going to say that the most I know about is 7 pounds... Well you seem to have beaten that record! Thats a fab amount of weightloss! Goodluck with week two!

And as for the Kebab, well those of us on GI/GL diets are bloody lucky that we can eat such yuminess, even if it has no mayo or anything else. It will be well deserved for a the cooking we have to do the rest of the bloody time! ;-)

Well Done Roch!

Luv CC xxx xxx xxx

Thanks curvychicken, i am enjoying the diet, have not been very experimental yet but bit by bit i am going to try new things.
How r u doing on the gl plan and how have u found u have benefited from the plan.
Take care xx

This is fantastic - and you know what - you WILL achieve every damn one of them! It must have been the weekend for sorting out clothes! lol It's brilliant that you have a whole new wardrobe sitting waiting for you (and it won't be long!).

By April you will have easily shifted 3 stone. So pleased to see a new focused and forceful and determined and oh so fabulously positive Roch hurtling towards those goals! (not dreams as these are real :) ) Have a great week :D

Hi Jen,do u were sorting out clothes as well,i ended up with 4 bags of stuff for the charity shop and one bag of stuff for the bin, just hope the cats dont get in the bins and pull open my bag as they will find all my big granny knickers :eek: :eek:

Just saw in your signature that u r half way there well done 2 u girl u r one strong lady and by the time summer comes u r going to look amazing.
Take care and thanks for all the support xx

Thanks curvychicken, i am enjoying the diet, have not been very experimental yet but bit by bit i am going to try new things.
How r u doing on the gl plan and how have u found u have benefited from the plan.
Take care xx

Hey Roch

Trying things out a little at a time is the best to learn I have found - I also recommend gradually getting more books for ideas and having a little bit of a routine. I think though as you are following the GL diet (I'm following Rick Gallop's GI diet) you have a bit more freedom. If you do get stuck though, have a look at the GI Diet section under slimming clubs, I have been trying to keep a food diary... It is mainly just me and madam dotty there - so it would be great to have another GL/GI dieter with us!

As for how am I finding the diet - I think I love Rick Gallop. I have lost two stone and two pounds over the last five months and 99% of the time I feel masses healthier and better. It has completely changed my eating habits and I think when I get to my target I will stick to its principles. I'll be honest with you Roch before doing the GI diet I never really followed a dieting plan before and had only ever lost weight through healthy eating and exercise, but I could never sustain it. I am still shocked that I have managed to keep up this diet this long and at the amount of weight I have lost. I know that I can see this to the end :D .

Luv CC xx xx xx

Hey Roch

Trying things out a little at a time is the best to learn I have found - I also recommend gradually getting more books for ideas and having a little bit of a routine. I think though as you are following the GL diet (I'm following Rick Gallop's GI diet) you have a bit more freedom. If you do get stuck though, have a look at the GI Diet section under slimming clubs, I have been trying to keep a food diary... It is mainly just me and madam dotty there - so it would be great to have another GL/GI dieter with us!

As for how am I finding the diet - I think I love Rick Gallop. I have lost two stone and two pounds over the last five months and 99% of the time I feel masses healthier and better. It has completely changed my eating habits and I think when I get to my target I will stick to its principles. I'll be honest with you Roch before doing the GI diet I never really followed a dieting plan before and had only ever lost weight through healthy eating and exercise, but I could never sustain it. I am still shocked that I have managed to keep up this diet this long and at the amount of weight I have lost. I know that I can see this to the end :D .

Luv CC xx xx xx

Hi CC its so good that u r feeling healthier as well as dropping the pounds.
I must admit i am being very strict and adapting things so i am eating fewer calories as i really need to drop this first chunk of weight so i can start reliving my life again.
I am going to get some frozen stew packs and make some veg soup with veg that is all low gi as that will fill me up and be hardly any cals.
Also i have started taking a multi vitamin as i am deficient at the moment.
I am looking forward to my wi on thursday would luv 2 be slimmer of the week :D :D
Take care and thanks xxx

Fine thanks Roch - feeling a bit crap with this ear infection adn the mega antibiotics, but still determined with the diet!

Amy

Fine thanks Roch - feeling a bit crap with this ear infection adn the mega antibiotics, but still determined with the diet!

Amy

Hun i feel for u, i know what it is like to have ear infections, i suffered with my ears as a child and have had 9 operations on my ears and am slightly deaf in one ear and i still get nasy ear infections.
Are the antiobiotics working, hope u feel better soon, good for u for being strong and sticking to the plan xxx

Well today i suprised myself big time !!
Well my weight has risen and risen and risen recently and i got to my heaviest ever last week which was 28.9:eek: :eek: :eek: and my depression had got so bad !
I have really become housebound and could barely manage walking round tesco`s let alone going any where else.
Most of the week unless i have to go somewhere important and apart from shopping once a week i dont leave the house, mainly beacause i am in constant pain from a combination of sciatica and horrendous back pain as my back is under so much pressure from my weight and i cant manage to walk up and down the stairs as i am on the first floor and when i walk i am out of breath and in so much pain after 4 mins.

Well Ebony had her second jabs on Thursday and over the last 3 days Aaron has been walking Ebony every hour to hour and a half and now he is back at school i have to do the same.
As you can imagine its not easy, i struggle with going down the stairs as my legs give way so i have to be very careful let alone having a 14 week old very strong energetic puppy comeing down with me:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

But i am determined to get healthy and lose weight so i have taken her down for a walk 4 times already and the first walk was for 15 mins and the other times just 5 to 10 mins but no matter how much pain i am in i am determined to break through the pain barrier and day by day try to walk a bit more.
This has been a shock to my system and my back is aching but no matter what i will take her out twice more b4 Aaron comes home from school,the more i take her out the quicker she will get house trained and then i will be alot happier and less chance of slipping on my backside again:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hopefully this will work in speeding up my sluggish metabolism and will enable me to lose weight faster.
I know i will sleep well tonight i am already shattered, ususally all i can manage to do is my normal housework(and i am a fussy cow like my house very tidy :eek: :eek: ) and i have to sit down every 10 mins but hopefully in the next couple of weeks that will change as i gain more strength and lose more weight.

I am chuffed with myself as i felt really nervous about walking her as i felt like it would be 2 hard for me !!!!

Hiya Roch,
Great to see you still got your positivity going thats great .

Hope things with your precious pup are going well, my Milly had her second injection this morning and the vet said we have to wait one more week before she can go walkies gutted thought she would be able to go straight out .
Ah well hope the weathers dryer next week!

Went doctors this am she said thyroid is not normal but not bad enough for treatment and i have to wait for an appointment with the endicrinologist so bit miffed really no nearer any answers . She did say i could ss again hmmmmm thats a toughie really i mean if only it were that easy she made a few suggestions easing into it etc.
Feel a bit confused now i mean can i do it or cant i ????!?!!?
I am going to flick thru the holford book again later just cant get to grips with it at the mo !
Well i will have to make a solid decision soon !

I am so glad you have had a good experience with the GL diet it sounds great after reading all the positive health and mind changes coming your way i am v v v pleased for you keep at it catch ya later Julie XXXXXXXX

well donehun, every little help & b4 you know it the walks will b getting longer &longer & you begin to enjoy them
xx:D

Thanks Gen, it was not easy to admit on my diary thread how much weight i had actually put on and it made me feel ashamed but i felt i needed to write it down to kind of shock myself to how bad my situation had got.
Most peeps would take it for granted just going out for a 10 min walk but when u weigh so much its very hard.

Wow Crossed post's there hun i am so proud of you walking the dog but be careful of your back dont hurt yourself wouldnt wanna see you suffer any more !

Very proactive building up your exercise thats great you really are in the zone so proud i cant stop grinning your a star xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Building up the exercise slowly is definitely the way!

I've not had an ear infection before - don't want another in a hurry (-:

Amy

Well done Roch - so pleased for you. I am very poorly so may not be on MM's much. should go to Eygpt on thurs but my GP is not sure if my lungs will be well enough. BUGGER - Bugger and bugger. Keep fingers crossed for me hun!

Love Barb xx

Hiya Roch

Well done on the walking and just for taking the big step to get out there and take some steps - that's absolutely brilliant and a great way forward. Walking is such a beneficial exercise, it's what I do to keep my weight at maintenance not being a gym bunny kinda gal. You can build it up really slowly but it's doing you good, will help to speed up your metabolism & burn some extra calories. If you do more than 10 minutes of walking in one session that's when the benefits will really kick in & 3 sessions of that in one day is brilliant, so keep it up girl you're really doing yourself some good, just being outdoors should help too.

Lovely to hear your positivity, you're taking control & that's why it's working for you, believe you can do it & you will do it.

Take care, have fun with that pup of yours :)
xx

Sorry to hear you're poorly Barb, hope you're feeling better soon & get to go to Egypt
xx

Sorry to hear you aren't well Barb - hope it all clears up in time for your holidays.

Amy

Back