Hi, I'm all geared up!

mini mouse

Hi

I thought I'd introduce myself. I've been hanging around and been inspired by lots of people on these boards and I've taken the plunge to start s&s starting on Sunday.

I've got lots of weight to lose (at least 6 1/2 stone) and I've tried every diet going before. I have really been at the point of not knowing where to begin and felt as though there was no chance of me losing this weight.

Its horrible because it affects every area of your life (well for me at least) and my confidence has hit rock bottom with the endless line of failed attempts at losing weight :mad:

Anyhow, having read through lots of pages on this site I am really motivated. I feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel and hope that I can do this :D

I am having a new hair do done tomorrow for the new me, a step in the right direction of taking proper care of myself. I'm going out with lots of lovely friends on saturday night (something very rare as I tend to shut myself away when I'm bigger). Then come sunday I will do all of my measurements and get an accurate start weight :eek:

I'm looking forward to this with some anticipation. I have done a vlcd before and had great weight loss. However I have returned to old eating habits (very bad ones!) after the diet was finished. This did happen when I was suffering with post natal depression, so I am hoping this time my head is in a better place!

If anyone has any tips they will be gratefully received!

Wish me luck.... I think I'm going to need it :rolleyes:

Good luck mini mouse, not sure what VLCD you did last time round but I'm confident you'll be pleasantly surprised with the S&S offerings - some of them are genuinely so nice I would eat them when not on a diet! I too lost a good chunk of weight on S&S/Exante last year but went back to feasting 24/7 so it was no surprise that I almost found myself back at square one. Not this time though...

Hello and welcome. I know just where you are coming from about trying again and again and how that affects your head. You will see a difference with S&S, and you already know the results you can get on a vlcd. My best tip would be to get a copy of the Beck Diet Solution, it's a fabulous book that deals with all the head stuff, so by the time the new you has emerged, you'll also be skilled up on staying there :)

Hi
thanks for the support :) I did lighter life two times in the past. The first time was after I'd had a miscarriage and I was determined to lose some weight before I tried any more fertility treatments. I lost weight and was delighted with the results. Happily by accident I became pregnant naturally but had to stop the packs immediately. I gained some weight during the pregnancy but got back to lighter life shortly after the birth and continued to lose. However during this stage I started to suffer from post natal depression and came off plan and gained weight dramatically fast.... literally about a stone a month for about 4 or 5 months. I have over the last couple of years gained another 1.5 stone and maintained here. I finally feel ready to do this again and properly.

I'm convinced the re-feed is probably key to maintaining for me. The Beck Diet solution sounds really interesting and probably something I will take a look at.

I started the packs today and so far I'm very happy with what I've tried. Cafe latte shake and dark truffa bar. Both very nice.

You are both doing really well. I hope I do as well as you both are doing!

:)

Hiya, I'm starting tomorrow with similar weight to lose. Look forward to seeing our progress.

You probably know that if you are depression prone (as I am), a vlcd could be a trigger. This was something I worried about as I'm only just getting over a 6 month break from work due to a severe anxiety disorder. I read on here that a depression can occur because of the lack of fatty acids so I have taken an omega 3, 6 and 9 tablet (asda) since I've started and I can honestly say not only have I had no sign of depression but I haven't had one episode of panic or anxiety which is remarkable given that I still had severe hand tremors before I took the omegas even with the gp medication I take. I don't want to speak out of turn, but as you have had post-natal depression, I thought it might be useful info. I don't mean to scare you though!!!!!

Back