Hi. I'm new and have just started lighterlife!!

fiojam

Focused & goin for goal!
Hi All - I'm new!! I went to my first meeting on Monday. There were 10 of us in total which was quite a nice number. The group were
really nice and I enjoyed it. I got weighed and measured. Weighed in at 14st 9lbs. I'm hoping to lose 2st by xmas (if possible!!)
Day one was quite interesting. I started it off with a choc shake and have to say, it tasted ok but didn't mix very well - I've used a hand
blender since then!! It was a difficult day to start on because I'm a teacher and we had parent's evening - it was a long day and I was
getting used to not eating and drinking LOTS!! Usually when it is a parent's evening, twilight session or inset, people bring nibbles
along 'to get us through the day'. This was hard as I obviously couldn't nibble!! I would also 'reward' myself after a late finish
with something nice to eat - a really yummy tea, however, I stuck to my soup! I did try to make a rasberry mousse but it wasn't good.
Also, I usually drink lots of tea but tried it without milk and it was gross. :eek: I'd usually have peppermint tea but you might know... I'd just
ran out!

Day 2 (today) was ok, I started with a rasberry shake and decided i
really dont like the rasberry!
It wasn't bad, I've not really felt very hungry. I liked the veg and the mushroom soups. Had my choc shake as a hot chocolate and really
enjoyed it!

The only down side to today is that I have been really tired. I actually came in from work and went to bed!! Spent 3hrs recovering
and then got back up feeling a little refreshed.
I think the tiredness is a combination of things... it is coming up to the end of half term and we always feel shattered at this time, we have just had parent's evening so had a late finish, I'm due on (sorry
if that is too much info!) and obviously I will be having withdrawals from EVERYTHING - sugar, caffeine, FOOD! I'm sure this will pass though.

I go for my first drop-in tomorrow. What usually happens in a drop-in? Do you get weighed?
I will be picking up my next weeks worth of supplies because I go away on holiday (a sort of visiting family holiday) next week.
I'm not sure how I'm going to manage. I'm spending the first half of the week in tamworth (north of birmingham) visiting my family and the second half, my fience and I are going to just drive and see where we
get to and just book into a place for a night. Will be good but I'm not sure how I'll get on with my foodpacks. I think I'll start off
with a shake, have a bar (I've not even tried any yet so dont even know if I'll like them!!) for lunch and then soupe for tea when we get
to our B&B. Might be tricky as my fiance will have to eat which will probably mean him eating out and me sitting with him and watching him!! Aggghhhh!!
Would it be really bad if we actually went out for a meal (light meal!) for just one night whilst on holiday? What would you lot do?

Anyway, I've rambled enough now. Quick question: which bar do you like the best? I'm gonna have to choose which I want but have no clue !!

Many thanks

Will keep you posted :0)

PS, I tried to post this yesterday but it didn't work so today is actually day three!! I go for my drop-in tonight!!

Hi Fiojam
Congratulations for starting LL and getting to day 3 FANTASTIC :D
You are I expect feeling tired due to carb withdrawals but I expect your over the worse now ;)
You'll easy do the 2 stone by Christmas wont that be fab :D
In your pop in you'll be weighed and it spurs you on until weigh-in day also you can discuss any problems you feel you may have.
You have found a fab website here with loads of support just post away as no question is too silly xx
Im on week 5 of LL and I have lost 20lbs in my 1st 4 weeks so it does work.
Just remember to get that water down you it make alot of differance to your weight loss and how you feel.
Good Luck HUn
((((hugs))))

Thanks for the advice. Cant wait for the drop-in. I am finding it fairly easy so far!

Oh pants! My tickerfactory thing isn't working!! How do you do it??

hiya

Im glad you are finding ll fairly easy. make sure you let us know how you got on at pop in.

As for the eating one light meal, its totally your decision, however I couldnt trust myself to leave it at one meal.

Shona

Good luck with your drop-in ! You probably will get some good news. Well done for sticking with it, the first 3 days can be tough and it sounds like you have a hectic time of it anyway. Melissa

Oh pants! My ticker factory thing isn't working!! How do you do it??

When you have your ticker factory tracker made and you see it on the last page all ready to go...you will also see a box that says bb code above it...

You have to copy what is in the box and bring it to this site and click on User CP then click on edit signature and past it in the box...

If you then click on preview post you should be able to see your weight tracker.

then you click on submit reply and it is there.

If you have any problems private message me and let me know exactly what you have done and we will work from there.

Love Mini xxx

Well done on getting this far with your diet and good luck with your drop in tonight!!!

Love Mini xxx

Hope you had good news at your drop in

I completed my 100 days yesterday :D Lost in total 51.7 lbs and gone from 16st 13lbs to 13st 2lbs. I never thought I would be in the same position I am in when I started my journey 100 days ago. The wonderful comments you will receive from people is fantastic. I today received an email from a lady that I used to work with saying " I hope you dont mind me contacting you but I just had to say how well you are doing." The girls that I work with knew what I was doing and apparentely they are constantly asked what am I doing because the transformation has been that quick. Within 4 weeks you will be able to see a big difference in your body so we all know what you will be having for Christmas. NEW CLOTHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should notice a change in your energy levels in the next few days so keep with it and you will see that 2 stone off by Christmas

Fingers crossed !!!! (no longer fat so rings keep slipping) that might have to be my Christmas pressie to myself. Clean polish and alteration.

About the bars: At first I only liked the sweet ones and found the nut bar inedible. BUT after a while I decided to try the nut bar and it you microwave it for about 12 seconds or similar it is edible and it`s nice to eat a savoury bar. A word about the water, it`s much easier to get down if you drink it tepid, large amounts of ice cold or cold water are harder to drink.
Shakes and Soups: Try mixing raspberry and chocolate together, I find that yummy. Or make some strong peppermint tea in the morning, leave it to stew all day and make your chocolate drink with that - I drink it cold - and it tastes like After Eight.
Tea: Try drinking White Tea, it`s quite nice.
I`m on my 15th week of LL and have lost 3stone and 1lb so far. The first two or three weeks were the hardest for me, but once you see the amazing rapid weight loss you will feel more and more focussed - and the counselling is SO SO helpful. Well done for choosing LL and good luck.

Congratulations on starting LL :D

Plan for your holiday. Make your family and partner know how important doing LL is to you and ask them to help you stick to it/ People are more inclined to be sympathetic if you enlist their help as it then becomes their mission too ;)

LL works. Stick with it and do as much thinking about your food issues and what you can do to change as you can. If you do this then by the time you have lost the weight you should have an armoury of tactics at your disposal ready for when you start managing your weight loss :)

Good luck.

When you have your ticker factory tracker made and you see it on the last page all ready to go...you will also see a box that says bb code above it...

You have to copy what is in the box and bring it to this site and click on User CP then click on edit signature and past it in the box...

If you then click on preview post you should be able to see your weight tracker.

then you click on submit reply and it is there.

If you have any problems private message me and let me know exactly what you have done and we will work from there.

Love Mini xxx

Many thanks Mini - done it now:)

Woo hoo!!!! I'm over the moon!! I went to my meeting on Monday, started the foodpacks and water on Tuesday. Tonight I went for my drop in and I've lost 5lbs!!!! In 3 days?!??!!! :eek: How fab!! It has really given me a boost.

Thanks for the replies and encouragement. I'll keep you posted. I think I'm going to get my first weigh in next week in Sutton Coldfield - anyone go there?

Woo hoo!!!! I'm over the moon!! I went to my meeting on Monday, started the foodpacks and water on Tuesday. Tonight I went for my drop in and I've lost 5lbs!!!! In 3 days?!??!!! :eek: How fab!! It has really given me a boost.

Thanks for the replies and encouragement. I'll keep you posted. I think I'm going to get my first weigh in next week in Sutton Coldfield - anyone go there?

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO
well done hun thats fab your on track and losing those lbs.Sorry im miles away from u but will be thinking of you
XXC

Hi Fiojam

Sorry for not replying sooner, I had it in my head I have done for some reason.

Well done on a terrific loss so far, this is an amazing diet.

Regarding the bars - try everything. My personal preference is fruit but there isn't much between that and the caramel. The nut crunch is an acquired taste but not too bad, especially if a small amount is crumbled on top of a chocolate mousse and I personally didn't like the lemon one's but that is because I don't really like lemon!

Good luck with your journey and if you have any questions just yell.

Well, i tried my first bar today.... tried the nut one -:eek: it was terrible!!!! Oh well, I have got a couple more I will just have to have and get over it.
I'm feeling much better now - more energy.
My LLC has got in touch with the LLC in Sutton Coldfield - I've spoken to her too and have arranged my first week's weigh in for monday evening. I'm really pleased about that because I think it will halp me to keep on track whilst I'm away.

Still finding it fairly easy so far :). I feel really motivated and I *think* I feel a little slimmer.
Actually looking forward to going back to work after a weeks holiday on lighterlife. If I'm feeling better already... how great will I feel in a week and a half?!??!!?!:p

5lbs is a great loss :D

Keep going because the time flies and it won't be long before you hit the management stage. I think it was about 3 weeks into LL that I realised that I was actually capable of sticking with the plan and reaching my goal. Once I had done that I got that warm comforting feeling and I can't begin to explain what a turning point that was :)

Hi

Hi

I'm about to join Lighter Life - have my doctor's appointment on Monday morning then my first session Monday night, really looking forward to it! I have about 3 & a half stone to lose, and am ready to take on the challenge - wish me luck!

It great to hear from somebody else that has just started - keep posting so i can read how it's going for you x

Hi

I'm about to join Lighter Life - have my doctor's appointment on Monday morning then my first session Monday night, really looking forward to it! I have about 3 & a half stone to lose, and am ready to take on the challenge - wish me luck!

It great to hear from somebody else that has just started - keep posting so i can read how it's going for you x

Hi Missyy!! I am in my first week and really enjoying it!! I feel great! The first two days were difficult because I was tired but after that has been great!

Good luck! :D

Back