Hi.. I'm new... and lost.

Hi

I haven't had time to read how everything works here.
My name is Jen and I live in Switzerland and I've really loved SW in the past whilst in the UK when I've been able to go to meetings. Since living abroad I've put weight on and now I have got a Swiss mountain to climb to get rid of it. I have about 15 kgs to shed and I'm looking for, and willing to give, support.

Thanks for reading.

Good luck with your weight loss! I've found these forums brilliant for support and finding answers to any query, especially as I am doing it at home on my own! :D

Good luck jen on your sw journey! I am just coming to the end of my second week and am not attending meetings. Like you, have done the plan before. I lost 5lbs my first week, and am going to weigh in the morning. It is quite easy to get back on plan,i havent done it for about 5 years! Once again, good luck!

Good luck with your SW journey Jen! I fell off the wagon too, but got back on and now I've lost 7lbs in two weeks, hopefully you'll get great results too! And you won't find better support than the Minimins community anywhere :) So jealous you live in Switzerland, I bet it's so beautiful!

Thanks already.

Do I just continue to post here and look at other threads and respond? And do I post weight lost etc on particular forums?

What do you guys do?

CarolineJ I've just noticed that you live in Southampton. We were living in North Baddesley before moving over here. :)

Last edited:
Thanks already.

Do I just continue to post here and look at other threads and respond? And do I post weight lost etc on particular forums?

What do you guys do?

CarolineJ I've just noticed that you live in Southampton. We were living in North Baddesley before moving over here. :)

Ah, just up the road then! I grew up in Romsey! Did you live Baddesley long? I've never been to Switzerland, but I always imagined it to be lovely!

I've joined a thread where people weigh themselves on the same day as each other, I've joined a thread where everyone is in the same weight bracket - I'm currently in the 14s to 13 one. I've also got a diary that I write, and people can comment on, I also read and support other people.

I've found the syns value and the recipe forums really useful, and I try and search for the product I am looking for syns for first, before starting a new thread, and so far, they have all been on there!

You can start your own weight loss/food diary within the Slimming World forum section, or if you just want to post your losses you could join one of the threads for people who weigh in on different days of the week, under the weekly weigh-in bit of the Slimming World forum section. There are also threads for recipes, syn values etc, so it's worth having a look around for threads that might be helpful to you. You might find people who are doing SW at home through the weight loss and food diaries, so you could get yourself some extra support through there. Hope that's helpful! :)

Thanks so much. I'm sure to stumble around the website for a while. I've just written something in the Newbie forum introducing myself. So I guess I'll keep looking around and trying things out. Thanks so much again.

PS My husband used to play football for Romsey Reserves :D and I loved shopping at Waitrose there... lovely English memories.

PPS CarolineJ and h_and_a_mumma I lived in Baddesley for eight years from 1992 to 2000.

Last edited:
Hi jen,
I joined sw for the first time lst wednesday, I missed the talk wit my leader,was just sent home wit books, I didn't have a clue wot I was reading,I found this site on thursday morning while trying to find syns about products,everyone on here is so so helpful and really friendly without them I'd be lost any question you got you will be sure to be filled wit loads of ideas. Best of luck wit your journey.

Thanks so much. I'm sure to stumble around the website for a while. I've just written something in the Newbie forum introducing myself. So I guess I'll keep looking around and trying things out. Thanks so much again.

PS My husband used to play football for Romsey Reserves :D and I loved shopping at Waitrose there... lovely English memories.

PPS CarolineJ and h_and_a_mumma I lived in Baddesley for eight years from 1992 to 2000.

I think that's the best way, to have a look around and start from there. That's what I did, and now I really look forward to sitting down in the evening and updating my diary!

Was that when Waitrose was in the middle of Romsey, it's moved since, but I think that was in the early 2000s (I moved to Southampton in 2000), and half of the old Waitrose building is now Aldi, Waitrose now has a big new building by Scats and the Old House at Home.

Hi Jen, welcome to the forum.

Like others have mentioned previously, you'll find lots of support here. A lot of the people on this forum are very knowledgable when it comes to Slimming World, so if you have any questions just ask - there's bound to be someone who can answer any questions you might have.

Also like mentioned, feel free to participate in any threads you like. I have my own diary which is in the "Slimming World - Food Diaries" section of the forum. I try to update it daily, or as often as I can just as a way of keeping me on track. It's also helpful if you're looking for advice - as other members can take a look at it and comment with suggestions on how you could improve, etc. It also might be quite inspirational to other members. I know I like to browse other food diaries to take inspiration and meal ideas from. This might be something you'd also like to do :)

Good luck with your Slimming World journey xx

Hi Princess_Stevie

Have you set up a thread on the SW Food Dairy and keep replying to it as the days go on... or do you set up a new thread every time you put in your day's food intake.

Thanks for your support.

Back