Hi, im new and was looking for some advice

xDONNAx

Hi, my baby girl is due in 2 weeks and I've realised I don't want to be a fat mummy!
I have always been over weight but now i am at an all time low, I am 4foot 11 and a size 22 (was an 18 before pregnancy) so I look ridiculous as I'm so small and round. I have never had any confidence especially with relationships as I keep thinking I will be left for a skinny more confident girl and now it is really taking its toll on my relationship with my baby's dad as I keep thinking when he's not with me he's with a skinny girl (which I know he is not but my insecurities eat me alive). I have tried lots of diets including slimfast and all about w8 but I just don't have any will power but this time I hope it will be different because I don't want my little girl having a fat mummy that cant run around with her and I know my relationship depends on me getting my confidence back or I'm going to push my boyfriend away and I don't want my weight to ruin my family. I am going to try the exante diet as a friend is doing really well on it and I have read lots of positive things about it.the main things that brought me to the conclusion I am going to do exante is how quickly it happens for a lot of people.
I was just looking for some advice of how best to keep motivated and any other advice in general would be more greatly appreciated than you can imagine.

Thanks, Donna xx

Are you breastfeeding Donna? That might help to shift some weight and get you off to a good start. When your baby is born you'll want to take her out. There's nothing like pushing your new baby out in the spring sunshine. It's a difficult time for you right now but you want to be a happy and healthy mum, so do it f xor yourself and your daughter. It helps me to write down everything I eat. Calorie counting can be a chore, or it can give you a sense of accomplishment when you realise you are eating less than you are using. I'm a new member here, like you, but it's great to know every one of us is doing it together. Good luck hun, and let us know all about your baby x

I am not breast feeding as I don't really feel comfortable with it! I am going to write down all my thoughts, feelings, measurements and weight before I start to keep me inspired on any days I feel like giving up! I am going to follow the exante vlcd as I think calorie counting etc might be a bit much while trying to deal with all the changes of becoming a new mum and also it is 3 meals a day (one of their soup, shake, porridge or bar for each meal) which will mean less cooking for me to be doing and obviously less food shopping! I am quite confident I will have the will power to do it this time as I would be so ashamed if my baby had a fat mummy simply because I was too lazy to do anything about it and I want to be able to take her walks and swimming and to the park without feeling self conscious! What diet are you following? Maybe we could buddy up and keep each other going on our tough days? Xx

Hello, I've just read your opening post and would just like to say that I could have typed the insecurities bit myself.. I'm the exact same. Thing is, you have to realise that your boyfriend is with YOU because he loves YOU.. don't spend your entire relationship worrying about whether he's with this type of girl or that type of girl... he's with you because he's obviously physically and emotionally attracted to YOU! :)
As for Exante, I don't know anything about it but good luck with it! I look forward to seeing the results when you start. Have you checked out the pregnancy section on here? If you have any questions I'm sure you'd get a lot help there! This site is amazing and has helped so many people. Good luck with baby too! Let us know how you're getting on when she arrives! X

Thanks Hun and I do kinda know this and I know he isn't actually with anyone else but I think until I feel happy within myself I don't believe anyone could truly be happy with me, it's a horrible feeling and my insecurities cause so many arguments my relationship needs this weight loss as much as my baby and I. I didn't know there was a pregnancy section so thanks for letting me know, il go check it out! Best of luck to you on your journey too, keep in touch :) xx

Back