Hi, I'm new (but not to diets!!)

Discussion in '5:2 Fasting' started by Drunk Tinkerbell, 16 June 2014.

1. Drunk Tinkerbell

Drunk Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

Hi all

I am a serious yoyo dieter. I've done everything, ww, slimming world, cambridge diet, JUDD, 5:2, atkins... I've lost a bit of weight on all of them and then stopped and put it all, plus more, back on.

I'm desperate to adopt something I can stick to long term so I'm giving 5:2 a go. I'm going on holiday in 10 weeks and I cannot go as the size I am... I'm going on holiday with family and a member of my family loves to joke about my weight :(

At the moment I am 5ft 4 and I weigh 12st 5lbs. My BMI is almost obese. I have two beautiful children and one of them called me fat the other day (she's 6). I want to be healthy for my children.

I wish I could feel more motivated but at the moment I just feel so miserable with myself. I've said 'I'm starting again' literally about a million times before.

Hopefully this time will be different. First fast day is today and my intention is to not eat all day until tea time xx
  2. xxxCazxxx

xxxCazxxx Well-Known Member

Hope you got on ok today! People can really be cruel can't they? Sounds like a lot to cope with xx