Hi, Im new

TinaC72

Went to my first meeting on saturday , really enjoyed it, came out thinking i can do this :), now all i have to do is go doctors get form signed and it will be all systems go!:rolleyes:. Not with my doctor! she wanted to charge me £100:confused:, said she never heard of LL so she would have to read up on it, told her not to bother and walked out, can't believe how different she is from my friends doctor who yesterday done checks on her, signed form and told her gd luck and make sure shes comes back once a month just to check her blood pressure. Anyway i came out got on the phone to other doctors who said they we're unable to sign my form as they had no pass records of mine, (which was fair enough) went back to my doctors and told her that she was being unfair to charge me £100 as other doctors said that was miles to high, to which she said she would do it for £25:cool: but not until friday, which means can't start this week:cry:. so thats my rant, i hopefully will get to know a lot of people here as we take this journey together.
Tina ;)

Tina, well done for standing your ground, £100 is extortionate. I was lucky as my GP is fab and didn't charge. However, I've read lots of horror stories on here about doctors who acted like yours so you're not the only one. Good luck with LL...how much are you hoping to lose?

Tina good on you for going back to your doctors and complaining, I'm very glad that she reduced the cost for you but I wish she'd been happy to do it for nothing. It's a huge commitment that you're taking on in doing this and it would be great if gp's would show their backing of people who are trying their best to lower their weight and help themselves physically and also psychologically.

I'm also lucky in that like Frejja my GP is excellent and there was no charge for my initial check up and the nurse who does my monthly check ups was always full of praise for me and the programme and gave loads of encouragement.

It'll soon be Friday and you'll have had your check up - when can you attend your first group?

Katie

Good on you for sticking your ground. I couldn't get an appointment with my usual Doctor, but saw a locum and they charged me £25 which I was a bit peeved about, when all I want to do is get healthy.

I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow as my blood pressure has gone down and I need to have my prescription reduced. Hopefully that will shut them up. Perhaps I should ask for a refund.

At least you know that LL are looking after by not letting you in without your form signed.

Good luck Friday.:)

Sorry had to go and get kids from school, i am hoping to lose about 4 stone, was so looking forward to starting on sunday looks like it will be next sunday :(.
Tina

Well done for standing up to the Docs. Mine have been fab - they'd never heard of LL but were happy to sign the forms, and now they are starting to recommend LL as they've seen how well I've managed on it. You can get your Monthly checks done at Lloyds Pharmacy, so don't let the docs try to extort more money from you! What a rip off!

Hi Tina.

I am on day 5, I did CD for a few months last year & my doc was great. But then I decided CD wasn't for me anymore didn't do it for a good few months then found LL seemed much more suited to me, only put 5lbs on what I had lost on CD which by my account is very good ....

Had to get a different doctor to sign off LL as mine was away for quite some time & he was a right miserable old man lol .... want me to try 'normal diets' like I haven't been there before !!! Anyway I went to see a recommened doctor who has done the diet himself & did all my checks & signed my form £25 which seems to going rate, I believe they should sign the forms free what with everyone going on about how much it costs the NHS with overweight people, at least were trying !!! sorry bit of a long one but this subject really does get up my nose !!! lol

Thats the thing with this country we just can't seem to get any help(and any help you do get costs a fortune), personally i think somthing like CD/LL should be on the NHS as it stops u eating food full stop and hopefully helps people understand why they over eat, so it can only be a good thing, I know that slimming world/weight watchers work for some people but for me LL doesn't give me a choice, I know what i suppose to eat and thats it. I shall get of my soapbox now:)
Tina

I quite agree with you Tina, (as I get on my soap box).

I agree WW/SL/RC does work for people who are overweight because they have made bad choices. The trouble is a lot of us know the right choice but dont seem to be able to make it.

At my meeting last night I felt really exposed, there obviously were some feelings that I had been stuffing down with food. The were starting to surface and the sooner I learn to deal with some of these feelings the better I will be at making the right choices regarding food.

When will the Government learn we are not all overweight just because we eat the wrong things, sometimes we need extra help.

I am off my soap box now:mad:

NEXT.

Well done for standing up to the Docs. Mine have been fab - they'd never heard of LL but were happy to sign the forms, and now they are starting to recommend LL as they've seen how well I've managed on it. You can get your Monthly checks done at Lloyds Pharmacy, so don't let the docs try to extort more money from you! What a rip off!

Can you? How does that work? Do you just drop in or do you need an appointment? And do they charge?

When I got mine done at the chemist I just called in and there wasn't a charge for it. I didn't like having it done there though as it was just this little machine they used and my bp actually came out high which it never is/has been -- I went later on to the surgery and had it done there and it was fine and back to normal.

That might just have been my chemist though so it is worth a try.

At my meeting last night I felt really exposed, there obviously were some feelings that I had been stuffing down with food. The were starting to surface and the sooner I learn to deal with some of these feelings the better I will be at making the right choices regarding food.

NEXT.

awe hun. I know what you mean. I am realising exactly the same...

On the topic of doctors, I am feeling mighty lucky. Mine wasn't keen but did it after i pestered him. I went back to him after the first 4 weeks and he insisted on doing blood tests just to check I was ok. He's now all worried cos I am losing weight so fast. He hadn't heard of LL at all. I am kind of surprised it is not better known by gps.

Back