Hi, I've just started today

flowerfae

Hi :)

I've been with weightwatchers for a few months but I've been constantly losing and regaining the same 4 lbs, and my Dr has recommended that I try Dukan instead.

I've started the attack phase today and I've been reading the book and think I have a general idea of it, but I'm a bit unclear on the yoghurt (is it just plain fat free yoghurt or can we have things like mullerlight (as long as no fruit pieces in)?)

Today ... I didn't have breakfast (naughty I know but I had a much needed lie-in bed today and it was 11 am when I got up) that only happens once a week though :)

for lunch I had 1 egg, boiled with 2 tablespoons of Dukan Mayonnaise

and for dinner I had 1 chicken breast with the tandoori spice mix (in the dukan book) (i've made 6 portions of this and froze the rest)

I've had 1 litre of water to drink and 1 can of coke zero

I don't feel hungry but I'm wondering if what i'm eating is the right amount?

For tommorow I'm planning to have a boiled egg with 2 tablespoons of the dukan mayonnaise for breakfast

and a chicken breast like I had today for lunch, and a salmon fillet with a dukan sauce for dinner.

Does anyone have any ideas for packed lunches? because I'm at university during the week and the cafe there isn't anywhere near dukan friendly :Dso I'll have to take something with me

Thanks for reading :)

Flowerfae,

Good for you for starting Dukan!! In the North America version of the book, we can have fat free dairy products. You're right, the 0% flavored are fine, as long as there are no chunks of fruit, just smooth. I use the fat free cottage cheese, cream cheese, and plain yogurt in all sorts of things.

My key to success has been to make sure I have a variety of food prepared and ready. I also was unsure if I was eating the proper amounts of food when I started, however according to the book, we can eat foods off the list until we are full. It seemed too simple, but it's been working like mad!

For lunches I take leftover roast, meatloaf, or chicken. I bake galettes, to make them thin & flat, so I can use them as wraps for food. Sauces can be made from plain 0% yogurt with herbs and spices. Experimenting with tastes and spices has served me well on this plan. I love food, or I wouldn't need to slim down..so making my food very tasty is super important. Being prepared is the biggest tip I can give, since I have a bad habit of not eating small meals throughout the day, so when I get hungry, there needs to be something readily available or I get a bit nuts.
~Monique

What I forgot to mention is, as long as you get your oatbran and your water in, and you eat from the tolerated list of food, you are doing fine. Not like I'm some sort of authority, I'm just a person getting good results, and hoping you will too!
~Monique

Thankyou for the reply I need to get oatbran tommorow (health food shop is shut sundays) and I can't find it in the supermarket :( Oh and I'm the same I can't do with being hungry :)

Back