Hi, I've just started xenical

chinababe

Silver Member
Hi
I've just taken my first xenical tablet. I have been taking Alli & in 2 months have only lost 4lbs (but have lost & regained the same 4lbs). I hope to have more success with the xenical. Before I was drinking alcohol but have given up nearly for the last week. I would be glad of any tips as a newbie. I have read the posts & think this is a great forum.:)

Welcome chinababe, good luck with xenical. As you will see its not a miracle drug but it helps you stay on the straight and narrow that is low fat. This is a great forum and you can get support and advice when needed from this bunch, they've certainly helped me along, I'm now into my 2nd month of taking xenical and loving it.

Oooh I've just noticed that your BMI is only 27, I take it you are not seeing your GP for these tablets ? the reason I ask is that usually you have to have a BMI of over 30 to be prescribed xenical.
Tell me to shut up, I do have a habit of going on...and on...and on.........

Good luck
xx

hi ive just took my first xenical after dinner about 1 hr ago and getting pretty scared about the side effects can anyone tell me when they start if they are going to start

Sio, the side effect you speak of you refering to the oily stuff when you go to the bathroom? I'v been using Xencial for 9days now and my going to the bathroom hasnt been effected at all. This only happen if you eat to much fat in your diet.

Oops. Just though I did a post but it seems to have disappeared!
Thanks for replies
Skygirl- my profile says 27% but had BMi professionally checked & its actually 35%
If anyone knows how to get the ticker thingy working on my profile please let me know!
love this forum spent hours reading it last night & it stopped me snacking. About to take 2nd tablet.
Thanks again

Hi
I've just taken my first xenical tablet. I have been taking Alli & in 2 months have only lost 4lbs (but have lost & regained the same 4lbs). I hope to have more success with the xenical. Before I was drinking alcohol but have given up nearly for the last week. I would be glad of any tips as a newbie. I have read the posts & think this is a great forum.:)

Hi there and welcome to Minis and to the Xenical forum :)
One tip is keep a food diary. You can either do this online ( there are loads of sites, or you can start a diary thread in our Xenical sub forum), or you can keep a note book and record everything that way. I keep a note book in the kitchen and record everything I eat. I record fat grams and calories. I do this to keep me on the straight and narrow, and also it helps pin point any probs ( if you have a stay the same for a few weeks or if you have a gain). The one thing I will say is that food diaries only work if you're completely honest with what you record in them :)

hi ive just took my first xenical after dinner about 1 hr ago and getting pretty scared about the side effects can anyone tell me when they start if they are going to start

If you stick to the 5% fat rule, and the no more than 15g of fat per meal, then you will not have any side effects. Side effects only prove you've eaten too much fat, weight loss shows the tabs are helping you lose weight :)

Hi Alibalibee
your pictures look great & are a big inspiration

welcome :) if anything at all bothers you or confuses you then let us know , this is a great supportive bunch of people =D

Morning All
On day 3. No side effects so far. Had 2 pieces wholewheat toast & slice ham for breakfast. Hard part will be to-night, out for dinner, other half insists on eating out at least twice a weekm so need to choose food carefully.

I've got a bet on with my stepson on who can lose the most by Oct, so far he is in the lead. Need to up exercise I think.

exersice is defo the key hun!

Theres nothing like a bit of healthy competition!

good luck

luv katie
xxx

Absolutely, I compete with my dog ( a once very over weight choccy lab) so far she's winning !!!
must add I took her on 4 months ago aged 6 and morbidly obese, she's loosing loads but doesn't take the blue tabs...lol

Absolutely, I compete with my dog ( a once very over weight choccy lab) so far she's winning !!!
must add I took her on 4 months ago aged 6 and morbidly obese, she's loosing loads but doesn't take the blue tabs...lol
:8855:

way to go dawgy!! woooooooop

Ate out last night, had fish & 2 glasses of wine. Then at home had 4 mini choc biscuits. Woke up with a headache this morning as punishment for drinking!
Breakfast- wholewheat toast
Lunch- Jacket potato & tuna
Dinner- I think will be 2 chicken thighs & salad.
Going to gym again this afternoon to make up for biscuits last night.
Glad to say still no ill effects from tablets.
Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Hiya China and welcome to mini's and well done on getting through the first few days, hope youre having a good weekend :)

Ate out last night, had fish & 2 glasses of wine. Then at home had 4 mini choc biscuits. Woke up with a headache this morning as punishment for drinking!
Breakfast- wholewheat toast
Lunch- Jacket potato & tuna
Dinner- I think will be 2 chicken thighs & salad.
Going to gym again this afternoon to make up for biscuits last night.
Glad to say still no ill effects from tablets.
Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Chinababe just be aware that for some peeps side effects will occur up to 48 hours after eating high fat food.
x

sorry iv not seen your post before but iv been away on holiday, so welcome to the site and remember we are all here to help..

this site is great for support

sharon x

Morning All
Its the start of another week, I've got through the weekend without eating too much. I'm keeping a food diary on sparkpeople. No weight loss so far so I'm a disappointe about that. Thought something should have happened by now. I did loads of exercise last week. Any ideas please?

:sigh: Well its Tues am & still no weight loss. I feel disappointed as I have been eating really healthily & not cheating. Did 1 hour in the gym yesterday. Hopefully will lose some lbs this week. Maybe I'm a slow starter! Any ideas!
Got pilates booked for 12 noon to-day. The upside is that I'm rapidly turning into a gym addict. Trying to go at least 4 times a week.

In M&S yesterday the sale stuff was reduced by another 50% so very optimistically bought 3 pairs trousers in a size too small!!!!!!!!!!!!:) Hope I don't have to add them to my wardrobe of clothes that don't fit.

Have a good day everyone.x

Are you weighing yourself every day china? If so, stop it now ! (LOL :D ) Weighing yourself everyday is not good for us, and it doesn't give us a true reflection of our weight loss due to daily fluctuations ( due to fluid).
Try to weigh yourself once a week, same time of day, same clothes, ( I go first thing in the morning, after I've been to the loo). I know its hard, and its very tempting to *just jump on the scales*, but honestly its one of the quickest ways of sabotaging your weight loss journey.
xx

Back