Hi, my name's Lee and I have a problem.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TankGirl, 12 November 2008 Social URL.

1. TankGirl

TankGirl Hot child in the city

Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    I'm an 18-year-old, I live in Liverpool, I go to college, I'm an artsy kinda gal. I'd always been skinny but within the last year or two my weight shot up to over 10st. I managed to get it down to 10st by giving up all the junk food, and to 9st 7 by going to the gym. Unfortunately, I can't afford to go to the gym any more, so even though now I'm eating practically nuthin' I'm back to 10st. I got down to 9st 12 the other day, but am now inexplicably back to that hated number.

So I'm doing the Gillian McKeith thing - walking for hours, eating 1200 calories a day, avoiding saturated fats as well as sugar and gluten, five-a-day, exercising, taking emulsifiers, drinking gallons of water and green tea, no wheat, no white rice, no alcohol, no meat or poultry (I'm vegetarian anyways), not eating after 11pm, etc etc. I even quit drinking ages ago and went off the Pill. It's not working.

Why do I keep getting heavier??

PS, sorry, hi. Would love to hear from you, particularly if you love Joan Jett or bring inspiration!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, cant really offer much advice as I have a long way to go on my weightloss but wanted to say welcome.

You are well in the healthy BMI range so you seem to be doing everything right.

Sorry can't be of much help xx

4. TankGirl

Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    That's ok. It's nice to hear from somebody. And you look like you're doing really excellent! I'd be damn proud if it was me.

5. nexangelus

nexangelus Carpe diem, baby!

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(15.58%)
    Diet:
    Clean eating (no processed food)
    Are your clothes getting looser but the scales weighing you heavier? If so, you are toning up and putting lean mass on instead of fat...if not then I have no idea, other than you're at a weight your body likes (like a weight loss plateau thingy)

Oh and your weight will fluctuate by 2 pounds here and there naturally...don't fret...to kick start weight loss, do some running and walking maybe or drop the calorie intake slightly one day per week or even raise it slightly...

I see we have similar goals, I want to get to 120 pounds by April next year, though, as I am doing intensive training at the gym and don't want weight loss to be my main aim...my weight seems to be stuck at 9 stone 8 pound mark...been here and down a couple of pounds for ages, despite various attempts to lean up more...

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    That could be your problem, if youre not eating enough youll end up gaining weight.

7. miss_unknown

miss_unknown Banned

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    20st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Diet, what diet?
    I think if your body doesnt get the right nutrients or vitamins each day ya do end up gaining so maybe ya should rethink your food and eat sensibly. As others said ya seem to be in the right BMI so I can only put it down to that. All the best anyways

8. TankGirl

Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Thanks ladies! I am eating a fairly balanced diet (though maybe not so many carbs), all these answers make sense though. Ta

9. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I totally agree with Starlight. Not eating enough can make you put on weight sounds weird but true. Up the walking you don't need to go to the gym, what about swimming. And keep a food diary looking carefully at what you are having. Are you trying to achieve an acceptable weight for your weight?

Irene xx

10. Tanari

Tanari 100% Focused

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Diet:
    S&S
    Welcome to minimins. Good luck on your weight loss journey

11. Jax123

Jax123 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(19.6%)
    Hi and :welcome: to Minimins :)

12. Lizzie07

Lizzie07 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.95%)
    Agree with the others that possibly you are not eating enough. Good luck X

13. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

:welcome: to minimins hun :) x

14. totty

totty Personal Trainer

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.94%)
    Diet:
    My own
    no-one likes to admit it...but we all have a natural weight :hide:

and eating too little causes your body to go into starvation mode, so it stores all the food you do eat as fat and energy stores.

dont stress hun :flowers:...your perfectly healthy x

15. TankGirl

Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Thanks everybody. Luv to you all, and best of luck!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.