Hi new CDers

Good morning. I thought I would come and say hello. Read through a lot of the forum posts last night and it's just so inspiring. I'm on day three of SS and feeling fine. First time I'm doing it, so coming across such a great forum is great for tips and advice. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Hello newbies,

Im a restarter and on day 2... feeling abit wobbly at the moment.. :( sure it will pass... come on Ketosis!!! :)

I lost weight with CD April 2008.. and it was brill... quick and motivating seeing the loss... then i went on holiday and sort of gave up on it... since then the weight has crept back on... so im really, really focusing on the maintainance stages this time... not going to stop until the end!... its so important to build yourself up to eating normally again... im living proof that this isnt a short fix diet yo have to go the long haul..

Well i did it for 8 weeks last time and lost 2 stone!... 8lbs in my first week and 6lbs in my second!.. then began to stray slightly and the loss became less...

Your all going to do brilliantly... if you have any questions just ask... also 1 thing i would swear by from last time is you all need to take a fibre supplement... i was so *cough* bunged up!.. it was dreadful!...

Good luck this week.. my 1st weigh in is on Tuesday.. so the whole bank holiday to deal with :(

x

Hi everyone,

It is my first day today too. Lost over 3 stone the first time I did CD (about 3 years ago). Was OK for about a year, then went back on the packs to loose the couple of stone I put on. Now have a goal of another 2 stone to loose before Christmas - going skiing and enjoy it so much more when I am slimmer. My problem has always been maintenance! I now have a new CDC who is really motivational and encouraging me to get on my Wii fit again and go to classes to improve my fitness.

Caroline83, I have also felt a bit sick after the packs today - I think it is because of all the minerals. I have just drunk loads of water and kept busy all day - which has helped. I enjoyed the porridge (was not available the last time I did CD) and always found the soups made me retch, so stick to chocolate Tetra and other shakes. I know the first week is the worst - hope you feel better soon :)

Well done on your first day! keep up the good work things can only get better... hit the bottom and come back up..... im on day 3 at the moment... felt wobbly yesterday and could have caved.. then went for a walk in the evening and strangly felt energised. Also think this helped my ketosis kick in as i tested this morning and i was already there..

So am feeling the ketosis glow.. and having very positive thoughts about what im going to wear when im half the size... knee high boots are top of my winter wish list!..

Just keep drinking the water when you feel sick.. and it will pass.

:) x

Hi Everyone, hope ur all ok!?

Im currently on day 4 of CD doing SS!!
I havent found it to bad although ate pizza on the first day as me n bf split up...but i wont faulter again!
I had a quick sneak peak at the scales today and have lost 8lbs already goooo mee!!

Well hope to get to no u all better!!! xx

Hello New starters... :)

Caroline.. you need to buy some Ketostixs you can buy them off ebay or sometimes your CDC might have some... you pee on the end of them and they change colour....

What day are you on now?... you can normally tell when you have hit it from other signs, like the hunger pangs subsiding and you should start to feel energised... as opposed to day 1 and 2....

Hope this helps... if you have anymore questions let me know.. :)

Hi Im on day one restarting, any tip for beating the urges? my lovely huby is cooking stew for tea so I dont have to deal with food today.. but the smell is Arghhhh!!!!!!
I only got to day three last time and didnt even hit ketosis, and am determined this time.... I have along way to go, and am talking to my "phantom tummy" that is trying to goad me into craving and thinking about food, I know its only head hunger as Im drinking loads and not feeling physically hungry, but doesnt the head ever play some games.
I was driving earlier and had a flash of chips with salt and vinegar and could actually smell and taste it !!!

I am starting CD on the 8th sept, but thought i would come over now and check it out, peoples losses are inspirational, so i looking forward to getting started next week

Hi there,

I'm in the third week of the diet. I lost 9lb in the first week and 4lb in the second week. I love this diet and this forum! :)

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks now! :)

Clare x x x

Hello everyone, I have nearly completed my 1st week on ss - although today I did have 200kcal of chicken, found it really difficult with my partner and son eating sunday roast. Think I have lost about 8 pounds but will find out tomorrow - wish me luck. xx

hey i have just started today feel alrite, just a bit cold and headachey!! weigh 14 stone and want to lose bout 2-3 stone, not decided the exact amount yet. Would like to join a team as feel like i will need the motivation!! X

hello! i started yesterday, its my first attempt at CD, has anyone got any tips to keep me motivated as i am so desperate now to lose weight being the heaviest i have ever been and find it so difficult with the temptation already. i have 2 young children and am a single mum so i still have 'treats' in the house and no one at home to really encourage me :-(

hi jody,
i understand how hard it might be with young kids and being a single mum. but make sure u keep coming here and read peoples, posts and generally how they deal with cravings etc. ohh and keep posting and u will see peoples pictures ,,,very inspiring. u do need about 50 posts to see pics.

me too!

this is also my 1st time trying CD.
Have tried herbalife and lost 2 stone, but took AGES! also woman on phone was really rude!
Now have a lovely counsellor and renewed motivation.
I am also a single mum of one 6 yr old boy who loves ice cream, jaffa cakes, chocolate and potatoes etc etc. Murder! lets keep each other avoiding the food.
I have never drunk so much water. May have to invest in lots more loo roll!!!!

ok day 4 and today i feel much more positive, i am struggling to drink so much water though and yes the loo is becoming my best friend haha!! Anyway thanks everyone and i will be on here every night to keep me away from the Quavers!!!

Hello

I've been doing the CD for 4+ weeks now, 5th weigh in tomorrow.

Am new to this forum and am hoping to find some handy hints and tips to keep up the good momentum.

Look forward to chatting

Clementine x

Back