Hi new CDers

Hi Hayley22,
I am about to complete my 4th week with WW so overall not so long. But prior to that I have been on low cal diet trying to generally eat healthier. Managed to lose over 10lb (with this week migh be almost a stone!!!) but it seems to be such a long way. TBH I didn't know much abt CD until came across this diet on the forum.I started monitoring my weight obsessively and trying to compare with results on minimins what proves to be rather frustrating (to say the least)
So, I have been spying on you for a while :) and seeing such impressive results decided that CD is way to go.
Booked appointment with local CDC on Monday and I'm really xcited abt starting this journey. If it works for me the same way I should be reaching my goal around Xmass!!!Yey!!!

Sounds good, well done for doing the next step. Most CDC's are really supportive and friendly.
My CDC is great, it was a sudden idea for me to go on CD as i wanted to be slim for xmas after eyeing up a really nice dress and it was only in a 12..... no matter how hard it ried i was not going to get that zip done up.
So i left the shop feeling rather deflated and the next day i looked up this site and found my local CDC too, made an appointment and before i knew it i was leaving with sachets and my goal in sight :D
Havent looked back, these 2 weeks have been a bit of a blur to be honest but as long i stick to my routine of water and shakes then ill be just fine.

Hope you get on well with your CD journey!
x

Starting!!

hey everyone,
i start ss tomoro n cud really do wi help n encouragment! i lost weight on lipotrim last year but hav since put it bac on..

ive lost all my confidence n cnt bear the thoughts of xmas like this :( i dnt no if im strong even for this diet but i want to do it mre than nethin!!!

Hello nervous newbie here!!

Hello all,

I started CD today on SS and have survived one day (I'll be going to bed soon!). I have had 3 1/2 (couldn't finish my choc-mint 'hot chocolate' tonight) CD today as my CD lady told me I should have at least 3 but could have 4 in the first couple of days until I go into ketosis and as I was on my period (and don't feel great at the best of times at this time of the month :mad::cry:).

My hubby is doing it with me which I think will make a massive difference and my sister has just lost 3 stone in as many months on CD so I have a good support network, but could always do with more friends, so here I am!!

I have a couple of questions I hope you can help me with:-

• I am v. worried about the bad breath thing. I know drinking more will help, I drank 2ltrs a day before CD so will try to up that to at least 3 ltrs now, but any other advice. I am a total gum addict (helps me focus and makes me less paranoid about bad breath in meetings etc.) and have had to go cold turkey :)eek:), so am looking for good ideas for alternatives please.
  • I love all the tickers and extra fancy bits on everyone's profiles, how do I get them?
  • I think joining a team would be great, but not sure which one to join and how I go about doing it. Any advice welcome!
I am trying to be really positive about doing SS even though I know it will be really hard for a couple of weeks, so any motivational tips or stories would really be appreciated to keep my glass half full!!!

Much love and spicy tomato soups

Katie
xx

Hi hun,
I have completed first day of CD. So far so good - good luck with your journey xxx

Hi everyone, I a newbie, starting Cambridge plan on Monday. I have all my food packs and ready to get that first week out the way :) I am worried that I will fail, the last 1.5 years I have put on 3 stone with stress/ comfort eating so I am quite relieved that food is going to be removed from me for a while, just hope that it will work. Anyway if anyone is starting the same time as me, maybe we can support each other? Good luck everyone xx

New to this site... new to CD

Hey everyone!

I'm sooo disappointed with myself already :-(
I'm really struggling to get started... i nibbled away at a small croissant over the duration of today! AND ITS MY FIRST DAY! I really need will power and motivation.

Please help!

Hi everyone -

Started CD SS yesterday, so far so good. Had to nip on and lurk quite a few times to motivate myself yesterday, so decided today I would join in!

Looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better, and to getting rid of this weight!

xx

I'm going to see my CDC today and then hopefully start tomorrow. I'm just wondering how on earth I'm going to drink 2,5 - 3 litres of water a day :eek:

Hi there!

Hi everyone,
I am a newbie here! There was an ad in last Sunday's paper for the LL diet and I started researching it and for the past week have been doing a lot of research! I deceided, after all the info I gathered, to start the CD. I have my apppointment tomorrow with my CDC.
I did the atkins diet 4 years ago with great results but then bought a house and a little car, then I lost my job, got another job and, I guess in the mean time, lost focus on ME! So I start CD on Monday and I am looking forward to it! Best wishes to everyone on it, embarking on it or considering it! This seems to be a great forum and I am looking forward to spending some time on it!!

Welcome and best of luck mswobbly xxx

Ooh! Thank you MiniMimi! I am actually looking forward to not worrying about cooking and what to eat! It will all be there, pour, add water and shake! I do have a child and I have to cook for him but I hope I'll manage! I will look to here for inspiration!
Thank you!

Once you get through first three days you'll be surprised that any food appeal will no longer be existent. In very strange way I actualy enjoy smell of the food without wanting to eat anything. You'd be surprised how many well forgotten senses you're going to rediscover all over again. Once again, good luck with your journey hun xxx

Ah you're great! Thanks ever so much for your words! I'll keep you posted! I just hope my car doesn't break down on the way to see my new CDC tomorrow!
Thanks again!

Hi everyone,
I met my lovely new CDC today, an inspiration and so nice! I was late and almost got lost but found her. I had it in my head to start on Monday but I thought, "why wait til Monday?", I am starting tomorrow and I am hyped up about it. I am being realistic about it and I know the first few days won't be easy but I will push myself to over come any barriers and I really think support from my CDC, here and my sister (the only one who knows I'm doing this) will help enormously!
Yipee!!!

Back