Hi new CDers

Hi everyone. Im new to CD, today was my first day and I must admit I am feeling really low, I miss eating so much. I have an awful relationship with food and felt I needed the total break that SS gives me. I have got about 8 stone to lose and would like to have lost at least 4 by June when I go to a festival. Want to surprise all the people I see there every year with the skinnier me. Good luck everyone, we can do it!!
xx

Hi Mickster, hope you're second day wasn't so bad! This forum is great for support when you're feeling low. I have about the same to lose as you and would also like to be at least half way to target by June! Welcome to CD and good luck :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all,
Just started sole source today, going grand so far, Hungary obviously but not bad at all! Getting married on 5th of July so hoping to lose 2stone for it! Weighed in today at 11.8 this morn!
Have had about 4 litres of water and two Cambridge meals today, apple&cinnoman porridge which was actually nice and then oriental soup which was terrible! Going to have choc mint shake now. Which flavours do you guys like? So looking forward to losing weight on this diet and really happy to have this thread for support!

Hi all,
Just started sole source today, going grand so far, Hungary obviously but not bad at all! Getting married on 5th of July so hoping to lose 2stone for it! Weighed in today at 11.8 this morn!
Have had about 4 litres of water and two Cambridge meals today, apple&cinnoman porridge which was actually nice and then oriental soup which was terrible! Going to have choc mint shake now. Which flavours do you guys like? So looking forward to losing weight on this diet and really happy to have this thread for support!

Hey just noticed nobody's been on this thread for a while. Hope everyone's doing well!!

85lbs to go!!

I have been on it for 4 weeks and lost 19 pounds and 13 inches form my body. Hard work but worth it, find it hard at times but I have the willpower. I'm on the sole source plus now as doing excerise, x

You can it. Just think of the results by the the time you go the festival. Xx

Hi there, today is day 7 of SS and I am CRAVING pickled onions of all things... I have done Lipotrim in the past but couldn't face the limited choice again hence starting CD xx

Hello!

Excuse me for barging in! I am in Australia & after a long and arduous battle with my weight I thought I was winning, when just over 2 years tragedy struck and my response was to return to my old emotional eating habits. Same old story, you know the one!

I still want to try to do something about my weight, and am wondering about vlcds - and have had some short term experience with Optifast on my own. I have just learnt that CWP is now available in Australia and provides the human assistance I know I need.

So I am thinking of going for broke: jumping head first into SS.

I am 48 year old female, my BMI is over 40. I'd love to hear from other older CWP people. My BIG question is: beyond the first weeks, how do you manage? Is it possible to lead a 'normal' kind of life most of the time? By that I mean think clearly, do some form of exercise, and anything else? Or dies in mean going around in a dazed and very confused food-deprived madness? Does this only have a hope of working on young fit metabolisms?

With all going well, stars all lining up in my favour and me keeping on track, how long would it take a tired old woman to lose say 80lbs/35kgs - yes, I understand it varies greatly....but just curious as to what is possible. BTW I have about twice that to lose! *sob!*

Hello to everyone & I hope to get to know some of your stories soon!

50x50

Hi, I'm Jayne and started CD Sole Source yesterday .. I'm fed-up of wearing the same clothes, feeling bleurgh about myself and want to improve my health (arthritis in knees, back pain being the two that will benefit I think) .. I'm not expecting it to be easy but I believe the end results will more than make up for any difficult times

Hi Jayne, I'm going to meet my consultant today... Tad nervous, however I'm at the end nothing has worked :-( I can't wait to get started 4 stone to lose and I too want my old knees back, how's the first couple of days gone??

Hi Monica .. I've found it quite easy actually, seems I went into ketosis in one day which helped with hunger pangs .. just had a naughty mid-week weigh in and lost 5lbs so far!! Quietly chuffed :)

Hi i am starting SS today as i have piled weight on since having my little boy. I have been lazy for the past 7 months but had a "moment" where i realised the flab has got to go! I am allowed 4 things as i am 5ft8. When should i space these out? I am currently on maternity leave so at home alot and constantly picking at food not eating meals
Any help and advice would be great!!!

Hi Jodie:

I don't know the answer to this. I am starting tomorrow & will also be on the 4 items a day. My CWP lady told me an interesting one: whereby one of her clients halved the shakes powder to begin with & made smaller shakes with half the water to get 'more' shakes. I am looking out for ideas like this which will help me psychologically.

Maybe the spacing simply has to be breakfast, lunch, dinner & one well time snack - at whatever is your worst time; afternoon for me!

This forum is so big. Hopefully some experienced CWPers will be along soon!

50 x

Hi i am starting SS today as i have piled weight on since having my little boy. I have been lazy for the past 7 months but had a "moment" where i realised the flab has got to go! I am allowed 4 things as i am 5ft8. When should i space these out? I am currently on maternity leave so at home alot and constantly picking at food not eating meals

I am pretty sure the diet works on everybody! It just requires strong willpower. No excercise since this is very low calorie diet. Your social life has to wait. Fortunately the pounds melt down pretty fast. I have similar amount of weight to loose and just started Cambridge diet. my main concern is helath. I don't know how long can i remain on SS...

Hi all new starter here!

Losing weight to get a shiny new BMI to start fertility treatment. Will be starting in a week or so as I'm going away only to come back and change my life forever! See you around.

Absolutely however you like, Jodie! :) Most people tend to put their shakes off until later in the day and start around lunchtime, but that's just preference.

The only thing to watch out for is, if you've been drinking plenty of water, but still you've started feeling quite weak/dizzy etc. then you've gone too long without a shake, so go have one :p

Hello everyone, welcome to the diet and GOOD LUCK! YOU CAN DO IT! :D

If anyone is looking for a 'team' to join, feel free to check out my team thread (linked in my signature), I just set it up today :) We can be diet buddies!

Hi all new starter here!

Losing weight to get a shiny new BMI to start fertility treatment. Will be starting in a week or so as I'm going away only to come back and change my life forever! See you around.

That's an amazing incentive!!! WOW!!!! I really wish you all the best :) I'm sure you can do it!

That's an amazing incentive!!! WOW!!!! I really wish you all the best :) I'm sure you can do it!

Thank you! It's not exactly just dieting to get into a dress so at the minute my willpower is through the roof to make this happen :)

Got weighed today have Los 10lb in 2 weeks .... Small amounts of cheating (as weve had a birthday meal and hen do) but have been so happy wih my lose.

really would like to get too 11st 6lb am currently 12st 2lb.....

fingers and toes crossed

Hello everyone!

I'm so excited to be starting on the plan today, meeting my new councelor later. :) you will probably see a lot of me, as am hooked on browsing the site to keep in the zone and inspired!

I've done Cambridge on a couple of occacions during the last 4-or-so years, never got to my goal weight though. During the last week I've been using the Tesco Meal replacements and little bit of food and lost a few pounds. I've lost a stone since January. I have exactly 5st to lose ( according to my own scales; will do the ticker when I get the official weigh in).

Hope to get to chat to many of you and get each other through this journey as pain free as possible! :D

Back