Hi new to calorie counting and to site!

Hi all! On monday I started with calorie counting, i've never tried it before as it always seemed like hard work but as nothing else was working for me i am giving it a go!! Although I am confused as to how many calories I should have a day to lose weight, at the moment I am currently trying to stick to 1000 (ish) and have started having my main meal at lunch time instead of in the evenings.
I am 5'10" and on Monday I weighed in at 14.10. My target weight is 11st which I think would be fine for my height, I wouldnt like to be too thin!!
Anyway any hints and tips would be greatly appreciated :party0011:

xxx

Hi VQueen! Welcome. I am a newbie too, and I started calorie counting on Monday. A lot of the people here use Food Focus as a way of counting cals, working out daily allowance etc. I am no expert so wouldn't like to comment, but there are a lot of experienced people on this forum who will be along to help soon I'm sure.:superwoman:

Good luck, and keep us posted :character00148:

Nat
x

I have just registered with food focus and put in all the foods i have eaten this week, its averaging around 800 a day which is less than i thought, means i can have a hot chocolate every night now !!! xxx

Hiya welcome to minimins. A lot of people recommend food focus to help them it's free of charge to use.If you need any help just shout I'm here like every day lol

Your stats are similar to me, and tbh i'm eating about 1600 a day based on food focus recommendation.

It seems to be alot compared to other ppls intake i have seen on here, but i am really full up and not snacking on those high cal foods we all love, and i have lost 2 pounds in last few days. Which is a huge achievment for me.

my weigh in day is going to be monday i had a sneaky peek this morning and i seem to have lost 3lb already, just hope i dont blow it over the weekend which is usually my downfall. i feel a lot less bloated though and can actually put my jeans on without having to breathe in and fight for breath!! this is the first healthy eating plan that i think i can follow without stressing too much!!xx

I've been using FF for 10mths now and love it! Logging what I eat (and I log every bite!) means I can't hide from the 'hidden' calories that I nibbled every day, deluding myself that I was only eating "x" amount! LOL! I'm glad to see that you're not tempted to stop at a lower cal count than you're 'allowed'- starving yourself definately isnt the way to go! So enjoy the hot Chocolate! (remember you can make it with skimmed milk/water to reduce the cals!)

Back