Hi - newbie alert!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by chicgeek, 2 February 2010 Social URL.

1. chicgeek

chicgeek Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone :sign0144:

I'm starting SW tomorrow. I'm going to go along to at least one meeting, get the books, learn what to do and then start losing (hopefully!) I did go along to a meeting tonight, but when I got there I had the wrong place and couldn't find the right one! Thankfully there is another class somewhere else tomorrow - and I'm sure I know where that is!

So, I've joined here because I know that if I don't get 'out there' and speak to people going through the same thing, that I'll never get started. And I need to stop making excuses. So, hello, and I hope you'll be seeing a lot more...and a lot less :)D) of me!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    There will be no 'never getting started' here missy :p Promise! Enjoy every minute, thats my advise, how can you not?

I'd suggest staying to class if its financially workable for you, the uspport there (just like it is here,) is invaluable, and although many do succeed at home, i for one would have never reached target, and maintained without class. xxxxxx

4. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome to the forum and good luck with your weight loss journey with SW!

5. jodidi

jodidi Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!
    I agree with FernXx, if it is financially possible, stay to class. You'll get support, ideas and motivation there! Plus getting weighed holds you accountable and getting weighed and staying to class gives you even more motivation to give it 100%.

Welcome to SW and Minimins and to eating delicious, filling and healthy food!

6. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi there and welcome!! SW is fantastic..you will begin to question how you can eat and still loose weight, but you CAN!!
    Good luck at class and I would suggest you go for a couple of times at least before you go it alone (if you can), the first few weeks are always the most difficult and the time when you could be more likely to give up.

Good luck with you journey.

7. chicgeek

chicgeek Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks for the warm welcome! I will take advice and go to a few classes to start - I always feel awkward though, and I don't know anyone around here to go with. Still, tummy in, t*ts out :)D), walk in head held high and all will be fine.......promise? :D

8. jodidi

jodidi Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!
    Lol! I get nervous in group situations and the first few times I spoke in class I was a bag of nerves but I was made to feel really welcome. Also my SWC asked me to do the shop which meant I got to chat to and know people in a more informal setting. Go to group and stay to a few and see how you feel. If it doesnt workout and you want to go it alone then you can keep coming here for support :D. Im sure you will be fine :)

9. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    hi hun and welcome
    i'm another one that can't do it without class
    good luck hun

10. minn_82

minn_82 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello, welcome and well done you on making a life changing decision - I promise you wont look. If you need help with ANYTHING just shout - we love lots of questions.

11. KirstyO

KirstyO Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    welcome welcome, i hope you find everyone here as friendly and supportive as I have. If you needed any more proof that SW works, myself and my housemate have been doing SW officially since 11/01/10 and have both tonight received our 1/2 stone awards :D housemate also won SOTW with a fabby loss of -6lbs!!! i'm so jealous hahaha.

12. cheekychinchilla

cheekychinchilla Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey!
    Welcome to the forum :D Damn, I tried to send you a message but I cant *confused* I was just going to say Hello from a fellow scouser and be nosey and ask where about in Merseyside you are. I'm in south Liverpool :)
    Kelly.x

13. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Welcome!
    I agree with the others, if you can go to classes do.
    In the past I made the error of thinking I could do it alone, as I was at target, and I was wrong. The weight came back.
    I rejoined four times after that and stopped saying I could do it and never could.
    This time, they are stuck with me for life!

14. chicgeek

chicgeek Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks again people! I went along tonight and I didn't die or anything, so it was fine ...even with all the snow! I felt really welcome and it seems a good bunch of people - there were 9 newbies starting tonight so I didn't feel out of place. I've got a lot of reading to do, but I have to go and dog-walk so will be doing that later on....

Kelly, I'm currently living in St Helens, but work on the waterfront next to the Liver Buildings. Grew up in t'Pool & my family hail from Woolton, so know it well :D Whereabouts in South Liverpool are you?

15. My Skinny Jeans Challenge

My Skinny Jeans Challenge Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.9%)
    I joined today everyone seems so friendly

16. Debs154

Debs154 Trying again!!

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Hi
    I only joined last week - I need the discipline of a weekly weigh in and also it works like a small goal for me rather than weeks of dieting stretching in front of me - it's week by week.
    I've been doing a mix of EE Red and Green - didn't feel deprived of anything last week and lost 4lbs.

I think this site is so helpful - better that the official SW one!

Chicgeek I see we have similar amounts to lose so be good to chart our progress!

17. chicgeek

chicgeek Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey Debs - you're not far away from me either! Good luck, we'll have to keep motivating each other :D

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. cheekychinchilla

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm in Gateacre!! One over from Woolton :D If you ever fancy chatting to a fellow scouser (I'll forgive you for moving to St Helens ;) ) just give me a shout. I'd love to swap email ad's or something, if you'd like :)
    Kelly.xx

20. chicgeek

chicgeek Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hey, I moved back here from Manchester, so at least I'm moving in the right direction :p I know Gateacre well, my Mum and I used to drive from Prescot to Gateacre park pizza for a Mafia at least once a fortnight!! :D

So, I'm two days in and I'm amazed at how much you can eat that's free :eek:

So far I've eaten my body weight in fruit/veg/salad, steak, SW chips, and last night, when I was snuggled up in front of the telly, I was amazed that I could have salt and vinegar chipsticks and a laughing cow triangle! I know it'll get a lot more difficult as time goes by, but I usually find the first few days of any new eating plan really hard, and apart from the occasional lustful look at a chocolate bar, I've been fine. I only had 8 syns yesterday and I'm on 8.5 now, so I could slip if I wanted, but I think I'd rather save them towards a chinese tomorrow evening (my folks always come over on Saturday and get takeaway).

Anyway, I think it's going well - my jeans were definitely a little looser today after just 3 days, so I'm happy :)

21. cheekychinchilla

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sounds like you're doing really well :D I'm still amazed at all the things I can eat.
    I can't believe you know the pizza place! I am literally round the corner from there :D Small world eh?!
    Kelly.x

22. chicgeek

chicgeek Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    well, weigh-in day tomorrow and I'm feeling ok about it. Have stuck to the plan pretty much except a few blips on Saturday (had a scone and a tiny piece of cake) & Sunday (had takeaway s&s chicken, but had it in breadcrumbs in sauce instead of batter, swapped fried rice for boiled and had plain noodles instead of vermicelli) but I had about 15/20 extra syns stockpiled from the 2 previous days and didn't use any yesterday at all, so I think I'm still within my allowed amounts. Had a sneaky peek on the scales and it looks like just about 2lb, so I'm not esctatic but I've got to remember that a loss is a loss and 2lb every week would be a stone in 7 weeks.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.